The TRF Daily Log

Lorraine

I think what is going on is that people think the band is over. At least with the last tour they said they were only taking a year or so off. I think people are still in depression about it. I can tell that my Facebook feed and groups that I'm in have been really slow as well.

The band having no future plans right now certainly factors into this forum not being as active. That always happens around here for a bit after the band stops touring though. But at least during those down periods, we knew there would be some album/tour news coming at some point, now not so much. With the band possibly retiring, there are a lot of people you won't see around anymore since they only show up to talk about the latest tour/album. This place has gotten quieter recently but it's nowhere near as bad as other dying forums i've seen on the internet. This place will still be around for awhile longer.

If the Rush sections are dead, there is usually stuff happening in music of the spheres. That section keeps this board alive when Rush isn't doing anything.

There are other forums on the Internet? :blink:

:huh:

It's astonishing, they're dying everywhere. The times they are indeed a-changin'. Be very grateful for this one :cosmo:

Steevo, are you just talking about Rush forums, or forums in general aren't doing well? If the latter, I agree. I've noticed too that all of the ones that I would look in on haven't been doing well for a while now. I don't know what's happened, if people are just tired of them, or what.

Other forums in general. From what I know for Rush there is nothing that comes close to TRF. They've also worked very hard here to make the design as fun and interactive as possible. If you know of another that can match it lmk.

TBH if it wasn't for MOTS and all the variety that Rush fans listen to or can introduce new stuff there would be very little reason to come back here. No getting away from it though, the numbers are shrinking on here unfortunately.

This is the only Rush forum that I am on, and I'm not on Facebook.

Ditto here, on both of those counts.

I have been on much smaller-community music forums in the past- one that only had a total of four subforums on it, total- and that one was around for several years.

I realize that may not be the most brilliant defense, but my point is that this forum is exponentially larger than others (non-Rush) that I've been on. I think TRF will probably be around for awhile, as long as the members' demand for it continues.

• Like 1

I think what is going on is that people think the band is over. At least with the last tour they said they were only taking a year or so off. I think people are still in depression about it. I can tell that my Facebook feed and groups that I'm in have been really slow as well.

The band having no future plans right now certainly factors into this forum not being as active. That always happens around here for a bit after the band stops touring though. But at least during those down periods, we knew there would be some album/tour news coming at some point, now not so much. With the band possibly retiring, there are a lot of people you won't see around anymore since they only show up to talk about the latest tour/album. This place has gotten quieter recently but it's nowhere near as bad as other dying forums i've seen on the internet. This place will still be around for awhile longer.

If the Rush sections are dead, there is usually stuff happening in music of the spheres. That section keeps this board alive when Rush isn't doing anything.

It's astonishing, they're dying everywhere. The times they are indeed a-changin'. Be very grateful for this one :cosmo:

Steevo, are you just talking about Rush forums, or forums in general aren't doing well? If the latter, I agree. I've noticed too that all of the ones that I would look in on haven't been doing well for a while now. I don't know what's happened, if people are just tired of them, or what.

Other forums in general. From what I know for Rush there is nothing that comes close to TRF. They've also worked very hard here to make the design as fun and interactive as possible. If you know of another that can match it lmk.

TBH if it wasn't for MOTS and all the variety that Rush fans listen to or can introduce new stuff there would be very little reason to come back here. No getting away from it though, the numbers are shrinking on here unfortunately.

Watching Social Network right now. That's the closest I ever get to the Facebook.
  • Like 1

Facebook is how a lot of fans stay in touch now. That's caused internet forums to die out in recent years. I still think forums like this offer a better way to communicate than places like facebook and twitter do. I've seen forums a lot worse off than this one. Unless something catastrophic happens here, it will be a long time before the forum traffic gets so low that the place dies off. It's nowhere near that yet.
  • Like 2

I remember when Usenet/newsgroups were the main way on the internet to stay in contact with people who were fans of something. Wasn't really all that long ago, and they pretty much went by the wayside. Forums are similar to newsgroups but are really the best to talk to people who have similar interests. Facebook brings together all sorts of people, and makes it easy to stay in contact with friends and family. But they both have their place.

Watching Social Network right now. That's the closest I ever get to the Facebook.

I am seriously considering deleting or cancelling my Facebook account. It annoys me way more than any pleasure it ever gives me...
  • Like 1

I am seriously considering deleting or cancelling my Facebook account. It annoys me way more than any pleasure it ever gives me...

Maybe you need to just delete some people?

Not really. I have very few friends compared to most folks it's my curiosity and the other stuff going on that I can't seem to ignore...

Not really. I have very few friends compared to most folks it's my curiosity and the other stuff going on that I can't seem to ignore...

Your curiosity?

I was on Facebook for about two weeks years ago...just wasn't for me. Cancelled my account and moved on, never looked back. Sad that forums, like these are dwindling down. There are still core people to keep them alive...the Cheap Trick forum and Alice Cooper (SickthingsUK) forum are good examples of that. Paul McCartney's Maccaboard, a Genesis forum and David Bowie's forum (which has a similar setup as TRF) are still going strong. I've seen others fall by the wayside. Facebook is where they are all going. For personal use, Facebook is good way to keep in touch with family and friends. Facebook is not nearly interactive as a site like this though.
  • Like 1

Your curiosity?

The political, social commentary, religious stuff and reading people's comments etc...

Your curiosity?

The political, social commentary, religious stuff and reading people's comments etc...

I unfollow anyone who posts a lot of religious stuff so you don't see it in your feed. You can go to their page and just click "following" and change it to "unfollow."

Your curiosity?

I unfollow anyone who posts a lot of religious stuff so you don't see it in your feed. You can go to their page and just click "following" and change it to "unfollow."

It's just all of it. Here I mostly enjoy those kind of discussions because I feel I know and like the folks here although I just had myself locked out of the SOCN the other day for a while. I do that from time to time even here... :)

I was on Facebook for about two weeks years ago...just wasn't for me. Cancelled my account and moved on, never looked back. Sad that forums, like these are dwindling down. There are still core people to keep them alive...the Cheap Trick forum and Alice Cooper (SickthingsUK) forum are good examples of that. Paul McCartney's Maccaboard, a Genesis forum and David Bowie's forum (which has a similar setup as TRF) are still going strong. I've seen others fall by the wayside. Facebook is where they are all going. For personal use, Facebook is good way to keep in touch with family and friends. Facebook is not nearly interactive as a site like this though.

Facebook seems much more one-way in terms of communication. That scrolling format...

I like the exchanges that TRF's format promotes, and the communities within a community.

• Like 5

Facebook seems much more one-way in terms of communication. That scrolling format...

I like the exchanges that TRF's format promotes, and the communities within a community.

^^^ This exactly and all day... :cheers:
  • Like 2

Your curiosity?

It's just all of it. Here I mostly enjoy those kind of discussions because I feel I know and like the folks here although I just had myself locked out of the SOCN the other day for a while. I do that from time to time even here... :)

I've never been in there and don't really have any desire to be, from what I've heard.

Your curiosity?

I've never been in there and don't really have any desire to be, from what I've heard.

I enjoy a serious discussion about serious issues facing the country and the world in general from time to time even though I am not educated and intelligent to the degree most of the folks that hang out in there are...

Your curiosity?

I enjoy a serious discussion about serious issues facing the country and the world in general from time to time even though I am not educated and intelligent to the degree most of the folks that hang out in there are...

Sounds like prime fodder for fighting to me. :LOL:

• Like 1

Your curiosity?

You would have a great time as it seems you don't mind a little back and forth from time to time... :D

Your curiosity?

You would have a great time as it seems you don't mind a little back and forth from time to time... :D

No I don't mind as long as it's not a bunch of nya nya nya. :)

Eagle, you are wise to stay out of SOCN. Narps, if he doesn't mind me saying, has a conciliatory personality - that's why he does well in there.

I think you're right, which is why I don't go there.

• Like 1

Could be worse I suppose. I'm cool with that Lorraine. I am guessing combative would be the opposite?... :)

con路cil路i路a路to路ry

k蓹n藞sil膿蓹藢t么r膿/

adjective

adjective: conciliatory

• intended or likely to placate or pacify.

"a conciliatory approach"

synonyms: propitiatory,
    , appeasing, pacifying, mollifying, peacemaking

"a conciliatory gesture"

• "A wuss"

Edited by Narps
  • Like 1