Anyone else actually like Chemistry?

MeanMeanPride

Sure. I've got no problem with it.

Well that's a ringing endorsement... :LOL:

:LOL:

I would say just about the same. It's a decent song. I have no problem with it, either. :)

But there are five or six better songs on Signals, too, in my opinion.

The instrumental sectipns are great, where Alex really shines on guitar. The verses and chorus feel pretty stoff yo me. It's Neil's first venture into an intentionally mechanical sounding drum rhythm, ala Red Lenses or Mystic Rhythms. The latter two songs have a more developed approach, I think, especially MR.

I think the song is decent, but lacks momentum and emotion.

This is a thread in defense of Chemistry. I love this tune!!! I love putting Signals on because I can just let the record go without skipping - the first 3 tracks especially are great! Plus, you get to hear Geddy say "ELECTRICITY!" Classic.

That's just me. I've noticed a lot of people ranking Chemistry as one of their least favorite songs from this era of Rush. I'd love to know you opinion on the matter!!

No defense needed with me, I dig the tune. The most flawed tune on Signals to me is Digital Man. It's got that one funky section which feels out of place.

Apparently you either appreciate that part (and hence, seem to love the song) or don't (and hence, it makes you cringe). I am of the same opinion as you. I am just not a fan of that or the reggae feel to the song. But to people who love it, hey, knock yourselves out. :)

Signals is my second and three quarters favorite Rush album, and Chemistry was one of the initial standouts in my mind. Oddly enough I never really give this album enough credit, but it sure deserves it. Love Chemistry, the song that is.

Digital Man is a flawed tune? :unsure:

I think it is. Frustratingly so.

I think I'll go listen to that flawed tune right now. Then follow it up with the soulless one. :)

Ha....it's amazing sometimes how subjective music is.

I think I'll go listen to that flawed tune right now. Then follow it up with the soulless one. :)

Isn't it? Since I have been here, I think that has amazed me the most.

• Like 2

Digital Man is one of their absolute finest...went rabid for it when they played it on the Snakes tour

• Like 2

Digital Man is one of their absolute finest...went rabid for it when they played it on the Snakes tour

What makes it frustratingly flawed for me is that it has perfect verses and choruses and just a piss-poor bridge.

• Like 2

I love the song but have to admit it took some time to really warm up to it. It for me was like Countdown kinde meh at 1st but now are true loves of mine. Digital Man Subdivision & The Analog Kid were the tracks that jumped out to me 1st

What makes it frustratingly flawed for me is that it has perfect verses and choruses and just a piss-poor bridge.

This^

• Like 1

This^

It sounds a bit weird on the album but Alex beefed it up on the live version.

I'll probably be killed for saying this, but I don't like it that much. I don't hate it, but it's just filler to me. Everything on Signals is filler to me except the first two songs and New World Man.