PLEASE make more music

third hand grace

I really hope that the music keeps coming!

I completely understand after 41 years(!) not wanting to do that anymore. I had 34 years and 45 shows with them. GRATEFUL!

I don't understand the financials of just writing, recording, and producing music, but I would HOPE that if they still feel creative, and really still enjoy each other, that they can find a way to make more RUSH MUSIC.

Could they make it work $ wise in the music world today?!

I would like to think that as long as they don't completely blow all the money they make, that if they desire to make more new music together, they might choose to do it regardless of whether it would necessarily be profitable. I think if they want to record together again, they'll do it.

And yes, I do think they probably will, at some point.

What I wonder is what any further new music from Rush would sound like- whether it will be in the same vein as the heavy stuff they've been writing since coming back from their hiatus, in 2001...or if it would be something significantly different, sonically.

As for the answers to any of these questions...time will tell.

• Like 1

We know it's not unusual

To beg before you so

Cause your sound's a musical miracle

We thought that all should know

Please make much more music

We know what it can do

There's something here

That has made our lives

We know that we will thank you!

:Alex: :Neil: :geddy:

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 2

I don't know if Rush will record again, but I know without a doubt in my mind that Geddy isn't done.

Rush is NOT done...more music on the way!

There have been tea leaves indicating a possible Moist II: part six of Fear.

• Like 2

I'd like to see one last album. As my dad mentioned to me last night, one more album means Rush would have complete creative control to say goodbye to fans "officially" however they see fit. Right now it just feels kind of random for everything to just be over, especially because they're still playing so well.

I'd like to see one last album. As my dad mentioned to me last night, one more album means Rush would have complete creative control to say goodbye to fans "officially" however they see fit. Right now it just feels kind of random for everything to just be over, especially because they're still playing so well.

I disagree. Clockwork Angels has got to be the definition of going out on top.

• Like 3

I really hope that the music keeps coming!

I completely understand after 41 years(!) not wanting to do that anymore. I had 34 years and 45 shows with them. GRATEFUL!

I don't understand the financials of just writing, recording, and producing music, but I would HOPE that if they still feel creative, and really still enjoy each other, that they can find a way to make more RUSH MUSIC.

Could they make it work $ wise in the music world today?!

They have more than enough $ ( 25 Million each) , that will not be an issue!!!!

.....one more album means Rush would have complete creative control to say goodbye to fans "officially" however they see fit.

It seems to me that they have this already.

They've said numerous times that they have never liked the idea of an official "Farewell Tour". They've always approached their musical career with an Open End philosophy. In other words, they'll keep making albums and touring until they decide that they've had enough, and that will be that. No fanfare, no Grand Farewell, and no chance of a "reunion tour" that so many washed up bands like to do (for the money).

For all the criticism that they've received about the "pretentious" music they make, they are the very opposite of that. They're real, they're humble, and they have no need to praise themselves.

Clockwork Angels has got to be the definition of going out on top.

If Rush's musical career were a novel, Clockwork Angels would be a brilliant Final Chapter. It fulfills every musical and lyrical philosophy that the band has had, and it literally tells us that they, like Owen in the Garden, are complete. They have found peace.

:haz: :haz: :haz:

• Like 1

I think they'll make another album. Money shouldn't be an issue unless it costs them an insane amount to record the album. I think they're seasoned enough at this point to maximize their studio hours and keep album production costs down as much as possible. If the album sells a few hundred thousand copies each in the US and Canada like their last few ones have, then they should have no problem making their money back.
  • Like 2

I don't think they can make money from selling albums at this point. Neil can write, geddy can record, and I imagine Alex producing and occasional guest spots on albums. But, at this point there is no way to know.

I suspect Alex and Geddy will eventually come to LA and work on a new album with Neil, so he can stay close to the family.

Alex himself said he thinks they have one or two more records left in them. Then again, sometimes he says things...