What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

My eldest cousin, Pam, lost her husband, Mike, to a heart attack early last week. Today, their faithful hunting dog, Reggie, had to be put down due to his chronic health problems and depression from missing his hunting partner. To top it all off, they live down in Alabama, near Mobile - right in the middle of the hurricane.

You just can't make up stuff like this........ :o :o :o

:(

That's awful.

I had to say good bye to a family member of 15+ years! My girl dog Paris Rose. It is a day where I can honestly say "NO MORE PUPPIES"! She is tuely loved and will be truly missed! She is not suffering anymore but I am. She had her last meal, a super bacon double cheese burger & she ate it all!. She was brave while I stumbled with the torment of knowing I was doing the humane thing but feeling so terrible about it. I cried like a baby! So sad so sad... :boohoo: :boohoo:

:rose: :rose: :rose:

Sorry to hear about the loss of your buddy. It's tough, but you don't want them to suffer. It's a hard decision, but the right one.

With 15+ years you will have many wonderful memories that hopefully will be of comfort to you sooner than later.

It sure sounds like she had a very thoughtful and delicious last meal. My dog will want to eat his own poop.

Thinking of you, Crimsonmistymemory, hang in there.

vt

My eldest cousin, Pam, lost her husband, Mike, to a heart attack early last week. Today, their faithful hunting dog, Reggie, had to be put down due to his chronic health problems and depression from missing his hunting partner. To top it all off, they live down in Alabama, near Mobile - right in the middle of the hurricane.

That's awful.

Indeed. Hope she has family or other support in the area. It could/would be overwhelming suddenly being alone in a situation like that.

That's awful.

Indeed. Hope she has family or other support in the area. It could/would be overwhelming suddenly being alone in a situation like that.

She has no children, and almost all of her blood relatives are in the Cincinnati/Northern KY area. She is close to her husband's family in Alabama, so she's not alone. :sundog:

• Like 1

No, you can't, but it happens to others too. There's a lot of truth to the old saying: "When it rains, it pours."

The California fires make me really sad. I've seen the devastation on TV and it is heartbreaking to see entire neighbourhoods destroyed. I don't live anywhere near there, but I have a friend who lives in that area and I am worried about her. I am trying to reach her, but we've been out of touch for a few years.

Las Vegas Festival. :rose: I am both sad and angry. What is wrong with people? I am sorry we live in a world where we are at the point where one must be on alert at an event that would normally bring joy.

Agreed. This world needs a huge change for the good and better things to come.

I'm also sad for the victims. :rose:

It's been a rough week. I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary of my wife's death, but the last couple of weeks have been pretty awful thinking of those final days. I've also found out that my sister is not doing well - they've taken her off chemo and she's basically at the palliative care stage. Added to that, I've lost a friend here on the forum, and I'm still not quite sure why. Reflection may be good for the soul, but it feels like I'm taking a bit of a pummeling...

I so very much appreciate every kind word I've received from you fine folks on the forum . . . and that includes someone in particular.

• Like 3

It's been a rough week. I'm coming up on the one-year anniversary of my wife's death, but the last couple of weeks have been pretty awful thinking of those final days. I've also found out that my sister is not doing well - they've taken her off chemo and she's basically at the palliative care stage. Added to that, I've lost a friend here on the forum, and I'm still not quite sure why. Reflection may be good for the soul, but it feels like I'm taking a bit of a pummeling...

I so very much appreciate every kind word I've received from you fine folks on the forum . . . and that includes someone in particular.

TM, I am so sorry to hear about your sis .. no words and nothing I write can do justice to what you and your family are going through ..

The best I can do is say that, along with this big dysfunctional TRF family, I'm here if you ever need or want to talk ... that, and sadly, I understand and know how hard times like this can be

• Like 2

:hug2: To echo what Lucas said- we're here for you, TM. I'm so sorry to hear this about your sister. I wish I could phrase this better, but I really will have you both in my thoughts and prayers and I'll hope a little bit of positive energy can get through.

• Like 3

I was stuck in traffic for over an hour. I saw a car flipped over on its side in the middle of the freeway. Someone had a worse day than I did.

I realize that I could leave this forum for a week or a month and no one would notice or care. I always get left out of TRF polls and most of the popularity threads. I still don't have a custom title. I guess I don't have to donate money to the forum. Edited by Boots

I always get left out of TRF polls and most of the popularity threads. I still don't have a custom title.

Is that worth being sad over? I'm seldom in a poll thread, and long timers like PolarizeMe also don't have a title.

• Like 2

Thinking about Geddy's voice and how much it has deteriorated over the years due to age. I know it's inevitable, but I really feel like I want to give the guy a hug. :(

Poor Geddy.

(He probably knows it, though.)

• Like 1

Your gender is showing...c'mon, Boots. Where do you get this "everybody's out to get me" bullshit? you're very good at being annoying and it seems you want everyone else to hate you as much as YOU do. Why? I don't know you from jack shit, yet you assume that I HATE you. Well, wrong! I kinda LIKE you except for your lack of self esteem, which only YOU can change, Bootsy. C'mon, kiddo, you CAN do it!

hJuwEcC.gif

• Like 4

I always get left out of TRF polls and most of the popularity threads. I still don't have a custom title.

Is that worth being sad over? I'm seldom in a poll thread, and long timers like PolarizeMe also don't have a title.

You DO have a member's title though Guy. Or is it actually just a few hours new?

You DO have a member's title though Guy. Or is it actually just a few hours new?

It's about two years old now. Took five years to get one, and that's fine.

• Like 1

I realize that I could leave this forum for a week or a month and no one would notice or care. I always get left out of TRF polls and most of the popularity threads. I still don't have a custom title. I guess I don't have to donate money to the forum.

What does that last sentence even mean?

What TRF poll are you talking about? The only ones I've seen in recent months have been the Cinema GODS polls and the Electric Guitar GODS polls. Of course, there wouldn't be any TRFers on there.

Nobody is stopping you from making a poll and including whichever TRFers you want.

• Like 1

It's about two years old now. Took five years to get one, and that's fine.

Ah ok. That first post sounded like (and it still does) you don't have a title.

But yeah, as you said, nothing to be sad about in any case.

I realize that I could leave this forum for a week or a month and no one would notice or care. I always get left out of TRF polls and most of the popularity threads. I still don't have a custom title. I guess I don't have to donate money to the forum.

Boots, that first sentence is absolutely NOT true

And as far as the polls - you mentioned in the Electric Guitar Poll that you didn't know most of the names .. As the creator of that poll, I'm going to ask you - is that my fault or your fault ??

Is it anyone's fault ??

Obviously, the names on that list were picked for a reason, and as a guitar player, each and every name on there is someone who I consider influential or special ... Now, if I were you and I wasn;t familiar with some ( or most ) of the names, I would pick a few and go to youtube and listen ..

That curiosity is what ignited the love and passion for the guitar, and drove me to seek out music that I was previously unfamiliar with ..

With youtube the way it is, you have no reason to complain about not knowing important musicians ..

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through all this. Can't imagine the hurt. I hope you'll be able to stay as strong as possible and move through it.

• Like 2

I would notice you were gone and wonder what happened to you.

I like you Boots. But you don't interact with many here. Most members you ignore, so they ignore you too. Maybe you have me on your ignore list and won't see this post at all. But, I will say it again, I do like you.

By the way, the boss doesn't ask us for money to run this place. He belongs to the mafia and they finance his little projects and whims and fantasies and what-nots. :yes: :)

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1