What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Lily never came back. Three weeks today she's gone. Now I really feel bad. I hate when stuff like this happens. I realize cats don't live forever, but I hate it when they disappear and you don't know what happened to them.

:hug2: I'm really sorry to hear this about Lily. I was hoping she would come back. A friend of mine, who has had cats go out into her back field and cross the rainbow bridge there, said her cat knew the end was near and didn't want to leave the world in front of her owner because they know it will make you sad. Perhaps Lily felt the same way and quietly left laying down somewhere because she didn't want to upset you. I'm sorry for your loss.

• Like 3

Lily never came back. Three weeks today she's gone. Now I really feel bad. I hate when stuff like this happens. I realize cats don't live forever, but I hate it when they disappear and you don't know what happened to them.

so sorry for your loss. I would probably feel worse about my dog dying than most of my relatives.
  • Like 1

so sorry for your loss. I would probably feel worse about my dog dying than most of my relatives.

I'm the same way.

• Like 2

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope that she'll come back soon! :hug2:

• Like 1

Bad Weekend. Almost NOTHING went RIGHT. Ruined a few PE parts on my HOBBYBOSS P-61 B, and have decided to move on to the Zoukei-Mura Kyushu J7W1 Shinden

2QKlNvC.jpg

I need to get on the 'GOOD THING'! (Billy Joel?)

qtARwcZ.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

:(

I don't even know who Don Dokken is. :huh:

But check this panda out: http://people.com/pe...panda-cub-name/

Isn't it cute? :)

Here's Don...

77f346b4258db675681011db0845dc56.jpg

And how can anyone be sad when Jay Kay is in the world?

http://cdn.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000TP34dXR2byc/s/600/600/JAMMAR110417-08.jpg

jay-kay-roundhouse.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_HKjlXpb-k1I/Sh8ea4co-5I/AAAAAAAAHok/yq4LtHoGvqg/s320/G-Jay-Kay-Jamiroquai-fluffy-hat-1308143.jpg

A really nice lady here at work just sent me some borderline racist "funny" videos. wtf?

Merry Christmas everyone almost everyone!

-White Jesus

I know where you're coming from. :banghead: I have a childhood friend who kept doing the same thing. She is a very kind person but honestly thinks things like that are funny. I agree, wtf ??

• Like 1

A really nice lady here at work just sent me some borderline racist "funny" videos. wtf?

-White Jesus

I know where you're coming from. :banghead: I have a childhood friend who kept doing the same thing. She is a very kind person but honestly thinks things like that are funny. I agree, wtf ??

tumblr_nxyljjqGn51rfd7lko1_500.gif

:yes:

• Like 1

-White Jesus

http://78.media.tumblr.com/e5efcc85254e5148fb8a59b98e3c73bd/tumblr_nxyljjqGn51rfd7lko1_500.gif

There is no “borderline racist”. That is, one is or isn’t.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

-White Jesus

http://78.media.tumblr.com/e5efcc85254e5148fb8a59b98e3c73bd/tumblr_nxyljjqGn51rfd7lko1_500.gif

True, true. But this would be mild, and I suppose up to interpretation??? I dunno, here 'tis:

What I was sent was a chain-type email, originating from Quebec, basically called "Dumb Muslims" (I deleted it and can't remember the slang French/Quebecois word for Muslim. Something like 'Moumoun') and had a series of videos embedded in it. The videos were poorly staged pratfalls by people of a darker skin colour. Nothing identified them as Muslim; one group looked Indian, another Balinese. Pratfall humour, very "Just for Laughs - Gags", not overtly offensive, but stupidly/carelessly/poorly/boneheadedly titled.

She meant no harm, and thought that I would have a chuckle at brown people wiping out.

We're having lunch tomorrow before I leave for 3 months. Maybe I'll mention that I'll be in several Muslim areas in January, and plan on re-reading the Qur'an while I'm there. Not to shame her, or look for a reaction, but just to let her know that I'm willing to learn more about it in the hopes of better understanding it. I dunno. I'll play it by ear I guess.

800426_1.jpg

-White Jesus

True, true. But this would be mild, and I suppose up to interpretation??? I dunno, here 'tis:

What I was sent was a chain-type email, originating from Quebec, basically called "Dumb Muslims" (I deleted it and can't remember the slang French/Quebecois word for Muslim. Something like 'Moumoun') and had a series of videos embedded in it. The videos were poorly staged pratfalls by people of a darker skin colour. Nothing identified them as Muslim; one group looked Indian, another Balinese. Pratfall humour, very "Just for Laughs - Gags", not overtly offensive, but stupidly/carelessly/poorly/boneheadedly titled.

She meant no harm, and thought that I would have a chuckle at brown people wiping out.

We're having lunch tomorrow before I leave for 3 months. Maybe I'll mention that I'll be in several Muslim areas in January, and plan on re-reading the Qur'an while I'm there. Not to shame her, or look for a reaction, but just to let her know that I'm willing to learn more about it in the hopes of better understanding it. I dunno. I'll play it by ear I guess.

http://res.cloudinary.com/teepublic/image/private/s--SRgUmpIT--/t_Preview/b_rgb:eae0c7,c_limit,f_jpg,h_630,q_90,w_630/v1478614722/production/designs/800426_1.jpg

I’m embarrassed to admit that in the deep, deep past I’ve laughed at various racist jokes. In doing so, I encouraged (albeit not purposefully) the person(s) who passed on these jokes and perpetuated these ideas. To somewhat answer your question, nothing said to me then probably would’ve had an impact. The strongest effect is actual experience/interaction with the group of people who had been ridiculed.

Years back here on TRF, someone made a negative comment regarding being on the same planes as Muslims or visiting Muslim countries. It wasn’t a venomous comment because that TRFer isn’t an outright nasty person but the racism was still there. The ignorance and inexperience were blatant too. He had an outright fear of being with Muslims on a plane. I told him something like this:

“Yeah, I know what you mean. On my flight to Indonesia I sat next to a Muslim. He watched a movie, ate the in-flight snacks and meal, slept a bit, and said ‘Excuse me’ when he needed to get by me to use the restroom. It was terrifying.”

That TRFer’s response was a simple, “Well, I’m just saying for me.”

Useless.

• Like 2

A girl I dated in high school, and her husband, ae among those killed in this bus crash in Mexico... :(

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/12/19/12-cruise-ship-passengers-dead-after-bus-crashes-in-mexico/?utm_term=.30f481e4f57c

:rose: Jody :rose:

I'm so sorry to hear this, Goose. You have my sincere condolences. :hug2: That bus crash sounded awful.

• Like 2

A girl I dated in high school, and her husband, ae among those killed in this bus crash in Mexico... :(

https://www.washingt...m=.30f481e4f57c

:rose: Jody :rose:

Sorry to hear this, Goose. Condolences of a MIGHTY NATURE.

HCDob5b.gif