What Made You Sad Today?

Principled Man

Alzheimer's

f**k you, Alzheimer's. f**k you all the way to hell.

I agree, I'm so sorry you have to deal with it. My mother in law had it and lived for another 10 years after she was diagnosed. It really took two people as my father in law pretty much died of a broken heart afterward. :(

Rough times ahead (and now, sadly) but you do what has to be done I guess, and try to keep them as comfortable as possible.

We're soon going for the final stage of the geriatric assessment, which should pave the way to placement in a long-term care facility.

Thanks for the reply, blueschica. It's a brutal disease, especially when the personality becomes affected.

There you have it, I guess, the Circle of Life: born bald, confused and soiling yourself - and then you go out the same way if you live that long. Strange boomerang of life.

• Like 1

Please hold a kind thought for my sister,guys. My brother in law passed away this morning from heart failure. He had terminal cancer but was given a long window of remaining time and this heart thing was totally unexpected. She is kind of alone in Florida and this will be rough.Sis #2 and I fly down tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me as well.Flying isn't good for my auto immune condition but I would walk if I had to. :( Gonna be a rough week. Don't know how much I will be on TRF but thanks in advance.

Please hold a kind thought for my sister,guys. My brother in law passed away this morning from heart failure. He had terminal cancer but was given a long window of remaining time and this heart thing was totally unexpected. She is kind of alone in Florida and this will be rough.Sis #2 and I fly down tomorrow, keep your fingers crossed for me as well.Flying isn't good for my auto immune condition but I would walk if I had to. :( Gonna be a rough week. Don't know how much I will be on TRF but thanks in advance.

I’m sorry for your family’s loss :rose:

• Like 2

Sorry to hear this, Blueschica. More power and meditations to you and your family! :heart: :rose: :mwah:

X4UTRtE.gif

• Like 1

Having to work today made me sad. I've felt like crap the last few days and would really rather be at home. At least I have the next 4 days off

Then stop bellyacheing, and RELAX!

hNweH7I.jpg

My biggest Christmas wish goes to my cousin, Jim, who lives in Northern Kentucky. He's one of the most laid-back, easy-going guys I know. He’s a faithful husband and father, he’s well off, works hard, loves to travel and socialize…….

He's getting divorced, because his wife and 20-year old daughter are extremely anti-social introverts who would rather die than leave the house and socialize. His wife refuses to go out - even for family get-togethers. She's extremely non-talkative, meek and passive. His daughter quit going to high school, she has no friends, she doesn't have a job, and she stays in her room on the Internet 24/7. The daughter has so little will power, her mother cuts her food for her.

My cousin’s house has become a prison. He lives in silence. I don’t blame him one bit for leaving. He deserves to be happy.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1

My biggest Christmas wish goes to my cousin, Jim, who lives in Northern Kentucky. He's one of the most laid-back, easy-going guys I know. He’s a faithful husband and father, he’s well off, works hard, loves to travel and socialize…….

He's getting divorced, because his wife and 20-year old daughter are extremely anti-social introverts who would rather die than leave the house and socialize. His wife refuses to go out - even for family get-togethers. She's extremely non-talkative, meek and passive. His daughter quit going to high school, she has no friends, she doesn't have a job, and she stays in her room on the Internet 24/7. The daughter has so little will power, her mother cuts her food for her.

My cousin’s house has become a prison. He lives in silence. I don’t blame him one bit for leaving. He deserves to be happy.

What a difficult, demoralizing situation. I hope he can find happiness after some changes.

• Like 1

Coming from someone who has always been an introvert, this sounds more like some kind of mental illness or a severe form of depression. No will power to even cut one's food is very bad though. Unfortunately, you will never know for sure if they never want to leave the house to see anyone about it.

I can't believe they don't get bored. It's ok to be a homebody but you would think cabin fever would kick in and they would want to get out for a bit. I don't blame your cousin for leaving. There's obviously nothing else he can do if they won't try and help themselves even a little bit.

• Like 1

Coming from someone who has always been an introvert, this sounds more like some kind of mental illness or a severe form of depression. No will power to even cut one's food is very bad though. Unfortunately, you will never know for sure if they never want to leave the house to see anyone about it.

I can't believe they don't get bored. It's ok to be a homebody but you would think cabin fever would kick in and they would want to get out for a bit. I don't blame your cousin for leaving. There's obviously nothing else he can do if they won't try and help themselves even a little bit.

The wife and daughter weren’t always so bad. The daughter went to school and had 1 or 2 friends, but her attitude spiraled down to rock bottom. The wife has always been shy and meek, but she had a job. She got laid off, and she then decided to just sit at home for years. She has a job now, but it’s an online work-at-home job.

I’m fairly sure that depression is involved with the daughter. She simply has no will to live a meaningful life. Perhaps her father leaving will snap her and her mother back into reality.

He deserves Happiness. I hope he gets it!

NAGAdFC.gif

After wearing through many years of work, play, and three Rush concerts - R 30, Time Machine, and Clockwork Angels - my beloved royal blue MFH T-shirt wore so thin today a huge hole has appeared, rendering it no longer wearable. :(

After wearing through many years of work, play, and three Rush concerts - R 30, Time Machine, and Clockwork Angels - my beloved royal blue MFH T-shirt wore so thin today a huge hole has appeared, rendering it no longer wearable. :(

Never had that happen with a RUSH shirt yet.....had a Gary Numan shirt that happened to back in the nineties....

pcG2tzV.gif

• Like 1

Never had that happen with a RUSH shirt yet.....had a Gary Numan shirt that happened to back in the nineties....

pcG2tzV.gif

This one?

61ZR8eLyTpL._UX385_.jpg

• Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

Don't get me wrong, man, it's not like the shirt was being preserved under glass. It was worn, and regularly, so it had a lot of miles on it. Got a lot of complements and comments about it, especially at the concerts. Ran it to a better than average number of Geddy fans there.

The only Rush shirt I don't wear much is the MP shirt that was given out in premium editions of the Beyond the Lighted Stage. That one did a major shrink job after the first washing, and is a bit snug.

• Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

This one?

61ZR8eLyTpL._UX385_.jpg

Similar, it had that 'face' motif on it, I got it on that Tour I saw in Ann Arbor in early '80. "Living Ornaments" Tour There's an album out with that tour on it. I own it of course!

0Qca23d.jpg

parDk2c.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

This one?

61ZR8eLyTpL._UX385_.jpg

Similar, it had that 'face' motif on it, I got it on that Tour I saw in Ann Arbor in early '80. "Living Ornaments" Tour There's an album out with that tour on it. I own it of course!

0Qca23d.jpg

parDk2c.jpg

That damn cd is now a collectors item and fetches pretty big bucks on Amazon. I have the double lp "Living Ornaments 79/80." The concert video is pretty cool (and also rare).

Do you have Living Ornaments 81? Has a couple of the "Dance" tracks on it. Would love to hear "Subway Called You" live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4jwCLa8guo

• Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

This one?

61ZR8eLyTpL._UX385_.jpg

0Qca23d.jpg

parDk2c.jpg

That damn cd is now a collectors item and fetches pretty big bucks on Amazon. I have the double lp "Living Ornaments 79/80." The concert video is pretty cool (and also rare).

Do you have Living Ornaments 81? Has a couple of the "Dance" tracks on it. Would love to hear "Subway Called You" live!

The only cd showing now is the full concert [2 CD] Living Ornaments , that's the one I have, I also have the Dance CD, with that song on it...never heard of Living Ornaments '81...

2QaJ2Se.jpg

• Like 1

pcG2tzV.gif

This one?

61ZR8eLyTpL._UX385_.jpg

0Qca23d.jpg

parDk2c.jpg

The only cd showing now is the full concert [2 CD] Living Ornaments , that's the one I have, I also have the Dance CD, with that song on it...never heard of Living Ornaments '81...

2QaJ2Se.jpg

:o

It's a great recording, although a little rough around the edges (sonically at times, and the drummer makes a few flubs).

R-845198-1220207274.jpeg.jpg

And it was all videotaped!

Here's a particularly vicious version of Metal:

Look up "Gary Numan Wembley 1981" and you should get the whole playlist. Have fun! :D

• Like 1

My mortality becoming more evident.

I don't have the luxury of decades anymore.

If someone says "In 10 years ..." I have no idea if I will still be here.

You don't ever think of those things when you are young and are facing decades (hopefully) to come down the road.

It makes me sad, but it is also a relief. My life has not been easy. :( But it's been fun. :)

You don't ever think of those things when you are young and are facing decades (hopefully) to come down the road.

It makes me sad, but it is also a relief. My life has not been easy. :( But it's been fun. :)

My grandfather lived to 103 and I'm 53. There's a certain dread that comes with that...
  • Like 3

My grandfather lived to 103 and I'm 53. There's a certain dread that comes with that...

My great-grandmother lived to 102. I wouldn't want to live that long.

Honestly, if I don't live past 75 it would suit me fine because I've noticed so many people do well until they reach that age and then it is all downhill.

My parents both lived 4 years apart. Dad was born in 1918, mom in 1922. Dad died in 2004, Mom died in 2008. 86 the both of them I hope I make it AT LEAST that far.

I must admit, I've had a GREAT life so far!

qZ2cAX3.gif

• Like 2