1980-1991 The Best Rush

JohnRogers

So Ive been spending a lot of time listening to full albums. It did not really surprise me but I realized something I think we can all agree on, the best Rush material is the years 1980-1991. Save the keystrokes, no debate.
  • Like 5

I see some of the Long Hair Painted Denim Jacket crowd have spoken, frankly I expected more of them to put down the hash pipe and champion their cause.

;)

All phases have highlights for me, I like the band. To me, the high water mark is A Farewell of Kings through Signals. The high water mark of that high water mark is PeW and MP, which were not only IMO the bands best albums, but two of the greatest rock albums ever made.
  • Like 1

Theres another thing thats kind of funny - as the LP went by the wayside and the CD came to be, it opened Rush up to making albums that were longer, so they could explore more creative space. Sometimes it worked, and sometimes it didnt, but that made a difference.

And even the records that were not for me "all that" meaning I didn't like everything on the record, rarely was there ever a time that not 1 or 2 songs really got me and stayed in my rotation.

Counterparts leaves me confused and wanting. I really dig Modern Era Rush which started with Vapor Trails. Classic Rush has many great gems. The Golden Era from 1980-1991 is when their best songs came out.

Counterparts leaves me confused and wanting. I really dig Modern Era Rush which started with Vapor Trails. Classic Rush has many great gems. The Golden Era from 1980-1991 is when their best songs came out.

Taste is all subjective, but youd really leave 1977-1980 out?

Taste is all subjective, but youd really leave 1977-1980 out?

I almost did, but 2112 ('76, but still), Xanadu, and La Villa made me reconsider.

• Like 1