Freewill…retired?

Disk98

Has Rush finally retired Freewill? It was dropped completely for the Clockwork Angels Tour. Those notes at the end are probably too high for Geddy to reach now…

Are the days of Freewill live over?

It will be on this tour: 100% chance.

ALL the hits make it, just in case this is it!!

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd like to think you're right. I haven't seen it done since...I don't even remember when. So I'd love it if they did.

I personally hope its not in the show, as I've never been a big fan of it. However I have a very strong feeling that it will be played.

If they don't play it this tour I'll be surprised. Geddy's proven he can hit the notes on the Time Machine Tour, albeit requiring a gallon of water afterwards.

Hope they play it. Love watching them rip it up on the instrumental part.

• Like 2

I hope not it is a big fan favorite for sing a long at shows. It is also an anthem for many who question the idea of a god in this world in which we live. Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

Nah! The just gave it a break just like Red Barchetta!

They both might be back this tour!

The Freewill guitar solo is epic...i hope it returns to the setlist...but i would take Red Barchetta over it and many other classics. I just love " this is a song about a car, this is Red Barchetta"

I would love to hear it live on next tour, it´s a awesome live song! I like the way Geddy sing at the end of the song.

I agree. I was listening to a show from 1982 yesterday, and his vocal performance of it in modern times is just as good as it was more than thirty years ago. It's virtually identical, honestly.

It will be back this tour. Both Freewill and Red Barchetta are hits they take a break from every couple of tours but you can count on them doing it for their 40th. If Geddy can still sing Temples then there's no reason to believe he can't hit the notes in the middle of Freewill.

It will be back this tour. Both Freewill and Red Barchetta are hits they take a break from every couple of tours but you can count on them doing it for their 40th. If Geddy can still sing Temples then there's no reason to believe he can't hit the notes in the middle of Freewill.

Geddy hasnt been able to sing Temples in 30 years.
  • Like 2

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the song so I wouldn't care if they don't do it. I don't think Geddy's voice can handle it to be honest.

One that I REALLY do not want to hear: Witch Hunt. Hope it's retired for sure. I like it fine, but it's just blah live.
  • Like 1

Yeah, really. He struggled on A Show of Hands.

Yeah, really. He struggled on A Show of Hands.

That's probably why they don't play Fly By Night or Caress of Steel