Which is better- Hemispheres or Permanent Waves?

Blue J

Which is better- Hemispheres or Permanent Waves?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Or which do you like more?

It's a trick question.

http://www.troll.me/images2/judge-my-cousin-vinny/why-is-it-a-trick-question.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cu4-tSNeEiM/UJw8ZHYf_kI/AAAAAAAABxU/QbNy06a6zh0/s1600/judge+two.png

I can't vote on this. Albums are so subjective to me period, and these two just eat the cake and buy the damn farm. Both so amazing in their own ways. Which is better, to me, highly depends on my mood at the time ;).

**BREAKING NEWS**

CNN has just projected Hemispheres to be the winner of this poll.

In other news, Brian Williams said he was in the studio when Rush recorded Hemispheres. ;)

He also said that he wrote the title song. Who knew? :LOLsign:

And he was the lyricist on the closing track.

• Like 1

I've listened to Hemispheres just now including Cygnus X1 after what had been more than 15 years. I'm ready to proclaim that compared to Permanent Waves the Hemispheres album is not quite as good. "Side B" I love but...

Blasphemy!!!

**BREAKING NEWS**

CNN has just projected Hemispheres to be the winner of this poll.

CNN? :laughing guy:

Brian Williams is claiming he was in the recording session of Hemispheres live on NBC

:beathorse:

• Like 1

Have to go with Hemispheres.It was my first Rush lp.Bought it new in the day and remember laughing at the Trees .It is also guilty for me playing the intro to the Trees in guitar shops and nobody knew what it was.At least it replaced Stairway.Didn't buy Permanent Waves till much later but from Moving Pictures on bought each lp on release.Freewill and Natural Science are classics,Spirit i am bored with,heard it too much,rest of the lp is ok.
  • Like 1

Permanent Waves

Book 2:Hemispheres is an incredibly complex listen. I find it goes on about 5 minutes too long.

It's great just too damn long, also it feels too laboured over, which is a known fact. Subjectively I find it just takes a lot emotionally to listen to it, while being fairly bereft of emotion.

This is why I choose Waves. Everything is just exactly perfect.

Different Strings and Jacob's Ladder are just not good enough to compete with what's on Hemispheres, and LVS is the best song on either of the albums. Hemispheres feels like a complete experience, even though PeW is better for making a mix of standalone songs.
  • Like 1

A question to the musicians here: which of the two albums do you think it took more talent to write?

Hemispheres

The songs are stronger on Waves but simpler by comparison.

I disagree, as the entire Hemispheres album is a collection of similar ideas recycled over and over. Waves has much more variety.

Between the two Farrah Fawcett fo'sho.

Can I type nipples here?

:rfl: you just did..... :rfl:

I think nippage is not allowed however....

This is for you Narp.

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/34800000/Mila-Kunis-mila-kunis-34831478-1600-1200.jpg

:whipgirl: :D

So I see Permanent Waves is loosing, come on people step up! A FREE RED BARCHETTA FOR EVERYONE THAT VOTES WAVES*

*no one is really getting a free car

Permanent Waves

Book 2:Hemispheres is an incredibly complex listen. I find it goes on about 5 minutes too long.

It's great just too damn long, also it feels too laboured over, which is a known fact. Subjectively I find it just takes a lot emotionally to listen to it, while being fairly bereft of emotion.

This is why I choose Waves. Everything is just exactly perfect.

http://media.giphy.com/media/NhcmPmXRUUbAY/giphy.gif

• Like 3