Which is better- Hemispheres or Permanent Waves?

Blue J

Which is better- Hemispheres or Permanent Waves?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better? Or which do you like more?

Hemispheres is pulling ahead.......shock of shocks, lol

Mick

Mick, it really is hard to believe you ever hated the album. Do you remember what thread it was when you ranted against it? I'd like to find it and read it. I need a good laugh about now.

i'm gonna correct you slightly. I just hated the title track. I always loved side 2

and i ranted against it in numerous threads. so i can't pinpoint one, lol

Mick

:o

that's shocking because? lol. Side 2 i always thought was perfection.

Hemispheres was the code to crack.

Mick

Hemispheres but both are great albums.

Main factors:

1. I don't like Jacob's Ladder

2. La Villa holds a special place in my heart as being the one song I wanted to learn on guitar. A few years after starting as a wee middle schooler I can play the f***ing song :haz:

Nice!

Main factors:

2. La Villa holds a special place in my heart as being the one song I wanted to learn on guitar. A few years after starting as a wee middle schooler I can play the f***ing song :haz:

You have the Buenos Nochas bit down, too? That's quite the shred on the acoustic!

Both are pretty much perfect to me, but Hemispheres gets the edge just because I love the title track so much.

The Cygnus segment of Book II contains my favorite passage of music in the entire Rush canon- from "Then all at at once, the chaos ceased" to the ending gong before The Sphere...that whole three and a half minutes or so is just sublime rock and roll. Not the most complex and impressive to play. But it's just...it just sets me on fire.

Just yesterday I was listening to Hemispheres and during that exact section I thought "holy shit, this song is so f***ing good". I've heard it a hundred times, but it hit me in a different way yesterday. I'm just gonna go ahead and say it's my favorite song now. :madra: Still giving the album edge to Kings though...3 of the 6 tracks on that one are in my top 5.

I'll see how much of Hemispheres I can nail down before our tailgate.

• Like 1

I went with Waves and instantly regret it...

Arg I will vote for hems. It hasn't a blemish.

• Like 2

Main factors:

You have the Buenos Nochas bit down, too? That's quite the shred on the acoustic!

More like I play the electric ESL version but improvise the shit out of it. But I got Lerxst in Wonderland down.

As much as i love both, Hems has the highest highs and I even prefer Circumstances to Spirit of Radio. Soooo...yes. For epics and shorter songs Hems wins...but Permanent Waves is pretty faultless. I cannot complain about it at all.

Geez!! Last time I checked this one you couldn't even post in this thread. Man it took off.... :)
  • Like 1

Waves is easily better for me, I love every song. Freewill and Natural Science are Top 5 Rush songs.

As for Hemispheres, I don't like the title track nearly as much as I used to and Circumstances is pretty average.

The Trees and La Villa Strangiato though :notworthy:

Geez!! Last time I checked this one you couldn't even post in this thread. Man it took off.... :)

So Hemispheres?

lol

Mick

You might have to sharpen that pencil tip. Make sure the serum is fresh too. I hope the expiration date hasn't expired. It looses potency when it does.

So Hemispheres?

lol

Mick

You might have to sharpen that pencil tip. Make sure the serum is fresh too. I hope the expiration date hasn't expired. It looses potency when it does.

It made Segue change his vote,......the serum is actually made from his Segue-ing blood

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

• Like 1

So Hemispheres?

lol

Mick

It made Segue change his vote,......the serum is actually made from his Segue-ing blood

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

BWAHAHAHA

• Like 1

So Hemispheres?

lol

Mick

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

BWAHAHAHA

Segue and i have been working quietly on the serum

a little project, lol

Mick

• Like 1

So Hemispheres?

lol

Mick

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

BWAHAHAHA

Segue and i have been working quietly on the serum

a little project, lol

Mick

Say wha..?

I mean...yes, we have!

BWAHAHAHA

• Like 1

I've listened to Hemispheres just now including Cygnus X1 after what had been more than 15 years. I'm ready to proclaim that compared to Permanent Waves the Hemispheres album is not quite as good. "Side B" I love but...