2112 vs Signals

savagegrace26

2112 vs Signals  

52 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 vs Signals

2112 made the career. Signals signaled the decline. It's hard to argue these truths.

BREAKING NEWS: LedRush's opinion is "truth"

Lol I'm glad it isnt. GUP-HYF are far better Rush albums than Signals, in my opinion. The decline started with Presto, which I love, but was itself a dip in quality after the run of albums that preceded it.

Egads. HYF is better than Signals? PoW is better than Signals?

Signals has Chemistry, Digital Man and Sudivisions. My three least favourite songs of the entire eighties, bar Superconductor.

Subdivisions? Eeek! Segue, you're scaring me.

Look...I love EVERY RUSH SONG from CoS-HYF. My least favourite songs of this time period are still very, very special to me!

Rush during their peak made golden turds. Not my favourite but definitley valuable.

But Subdivisions being one of your least favorite songs of the 80s? Jeez, they released four whole albums in the 80s (GUP, PoW, HYF and Presto) that don't have ANY songs that are as good as Subdivisions. ;)

Just a few examples: GUP has DEW, AI, RSA and TBE.

PoW has Marothon, Grand Designs and Mystic Rhythms.

HYF has Second Nature, Mission, and Turn The Page

Moving Pictures and PeW are just so beyond the quality of Signals its not even funny.

None of those songs are better than Subdivisions. You know in your heart I'm right.

MP and Permanent Waves ARE better than Signals. Signals was the first step down from those two. Sadly, the band took a jump down, and then an elevator down, from there.

Aww buddy, I love your passion...but those synth albums are heaven to me. Signals was a step down, then GUP was a step up and they stayed awesome for the rest of the decade...

I really, really don't love Signals as much as other fans. If the whole album was as magical as Losing It and Countdown, we wouldn't be having this argument.

2112 made the career. Signals signaled the decline. It's hard to argue these truths.

Lol I'm glad it isnt. GUP-HYF are far better Rush albums than Signals, in my opinion. The decline started with Presto, which I love, but was itself a dip in quality after the run of albums that preceded it.

Signals has Chemistry, Digital Man and Sudivisions. My three least favourite songs of the entire eighties, bar Superconductor.

Look...I love EVERY RUSH SONG from CoS-HYF. My least favourite songs of this time period are still very, very special to me!

Rush during their peak made golden turds. Not my favourite but definitley valuable.

But Subdivisions being one of your least favorite songs of the 80s? Jeez, they released four whole albums in the 80s (GUP, PoW, HYF and Presto) that don't have ANY songs that are as good as Subdivisions. ;)

Moving Pictures and PeW are just so beyond the quality of Signals its not even funny.

None of those songs are better than Subdivisions. You know in your heart I'm right.

MP and Permanent Waves ARE better than Signals. Signals was the first step down from those two. Sadly, the band took a jump down, and then an elevator down, from there.

Actually, I think Grace Under Pressure was the first big jump down, but I do agree with you about the elevator from there. But, like everyone else here, this is only my opinion. :)

I'm a bit hot and cold both, with regard to Subdivisions. I like it a lot at times, and at others, I'm kind of...bored by it. 'Tis truth.

I will say that since the Clockwork Angels tour was the first time I'd seen Rush live in nineteen years, and Subdivisions opened that show- yes, I went completely ape shit for it. But it's certainly not a favorite among favorites.

And that's how Signals is on the whole, for me. I like it. Sometimes I like it a lot.

But it's no 2112. ;)

Aww buddy, I love your passion...but those synth albums are heaven to me. Signals was a step down, then GUP was a step up and they stayed awesome for the rest of the decade...

I really, really don't love Signals as much as other fans. If the whole album was as magical as Losing It and Countdown, we wouldn't be having this argument.

Don't think of it as an argument. Think of it as a discussion between two Myles Kennedy fans. :)

I love Countdown by the way. I remember the accompanying video during the Signals tour as being spectacular.

I'm a bit hot and cold both, with regard to Subdivisions. I like it a lot at times, and at others, I'm kind of...bored by it. 'Tis truth.

I will say that since the Clockwork Angels tour was the first time I'd seen Rush live in nineteen years, and Subdivisions opened that show- yes, I went completely ape shit for it. But it's certainly not a favorite among favorites.

And that's how Signals is on the whole, for me. I like it. Sometimes I like it a lot.

But it's no 2112. ;)

This is pretty much what I am trying to say.

But I will be one of those dads who rank their children from best to "you were adopted, I swear [wish]".

Don't think of it as an argument. Think of it as a discussion between two Myles Kennedy fans. :)

I love Countdown by the way. I remember the accompanying video during the Signals tour as being spectacular.

Myles Kennedy...my love for that man is getting creepy.

Actually, I think Grace Under Pressure was the first big jump down, but I do agree with you about the elevator from there. But, like everyone else here, this is only my opinion. :)

Do you see Signals as being equal to MP? I love Signals, but I have to admit it's a step back from PeW and MP.

Do you see Signals as being equal to MP? I love Signals, but I have to admit it's a step back from PeW and MP.

Kind of. I love The Weapon more than I love any one song on MP, so that stops me from being able to be objective.

Awwww! Narpski you are kind.

Lorraine a badge would be nice haha

Around here, a Purple Heart medal would be more appropriate. :)

Signals, but it's about as close as can be. Nothing on Signals tops 2112's title track, but it is more consistent all the way through.

Signals isn't bad but it's got so much meh and even bad songs for me.

WHAT

I second that.

WHAAAAAT

Let's see, while each of these have moments of brilliance, as overall songs the meh might include Chemistry, The Weapon and Countdown. To my ears, the overall production of the album is muffled and lackluster as well.

Signals isn't bad but it's got so much meh and even bad songs for me.

WHAT

I second that.

WHAAAAAT

Same. My least liked Signals tune is Chemistry and it’s still not bad.

Subdivisions...4/4

Analog Kid...4/4

Chemistry...2/4

Digital Man...4/4

Weapon...3/4

New World Man...4/4

Losing It...4/4

Countdown...3/4

Total: 28/32...87.5%

Very good score :hail: