Autism

GhostGirl

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 27 2005, 12:01 PM)
Can't help but think back about those "normal" doctors who wanted to give Stephen "normal" drugs that would've kept him subdued and spaced-out. But our GG stuck to her guns and found responsible, alternative medicine that's actually helping him to improve.

You ROCK, GG. wub.gif

Thank you, 1. heart.gif

God willing, he'll continue to improve. I'm so glad also you stuck it out to find what really works. Say, since you tested for mercury yourself (I think you said the doctor was alarmed at the high level of it), are you taking the chelating agent yourself as well? Just curious. Anyway, I'm so glad to hear about any improvements and you have my prayers for them to continue.

Love,

Gary

wub.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 27 2005, 12:21 PM)
God willing, he'll continue to improve. I'm so glad also you stuck it out to find what really works. Say, since you tested for mercury yourself (I think you said the doctor was alarmed at the high level of it), are you taking the chelating agent yourself as well? Just curious. Anyway, I'm so glad to hear about any improvements and you have my prayers for them to continue.

Love,
Gary
wub.gif

I'm not doing chelation myself just yet. I have to get my other six "silver" fillings replaced. But first I have to get 2 root canals in the teeth that I already had fixed, because there was so much decay under the old fillings. The metal fillings allow leakage, so I had a mess under there. As soon as the right side of my mouth is all healed, I get the other six done. Then I do chelation.

Thanks to everyone for their loving concern for Stephen, and me. wub.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 27 2005, 10:29 AM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 27 2005, 12:21 PM)
God willing, he'll continue to improve.  I'm so glad also you stuck it out to find what really works.  Say, since you tested for mercury yourself (I think you said the doctor was alarmed at the high level of it), are you taking the chelating agent yourself as well?  Just curious.  Anyway, I'm so glad to hear about any improvements and you have my prayers for them to continue.

Love,
Gary
wub.gif

I'm not doing chelation myself just yet. I have to get my other six "silver" fillings replaced. But first I have to get 2 root canals in the teeth that I already had fixed, because there was so much decay under the old fillings. The metal fillings allow leakage, so I had a mess under there. As soon as the right side of my mouth is all healed, I get the other six done. Then I do chelation.

Thanks to everyone for their loving concern for Stephen, and me. wub.gif

Cool, glad you're taking care of YOUR body as well - perhaps this is an added side benefit for something you wouldn't have checked on if not checking for Stephen? If so, then maybe also you're saving yourself from health problems down the road for you as well - a serendipitous blessing! Also, you're helping other people here as well. I've still got it in mind that for when Robin and I have a baby, we'll check very carefully into immunization shots beforehand to make sure we're not giving our baby anything it shouldn't be having.

heart.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Dec 27 2005, 12:48 PM)
We've moved on to chelation meds every day now, and so far he's still taking the stuff like a trooper. I'm so proud, and relieved. This kid is SO picky, and he takes this stuff so easily it's almost as if he knows it's to help him. wub.gif

Last night he was looking at a Dora the Explorer book and he started repeating a part from the show - the other parents here might know the "Swiper the Fox" part. ("Swiper, no swiping!" and "Oh, man!" ) biggrin.gif Now, his words are only recognizable to us, but still, it's a start. It's just amazing to see his little brain starting to wake up.

biggrin.gif This is some terrific news to hear GG!

This is just the beginning for Stephen wub.gif heart.gif rose.gif

White Picket Fences and other myths by S. Meyer

There are days

when I feel alone

when life is so different

than I imagined.

Of course I wanted the

white picket fence,

the two kids,

and the dog.

Who doesnt?

But dreams are like that,

they disapear

in the morning of life,

and we wake

to reality.

with a thump

as we fall out of our

bed of roses.

Is it silly to still dream?

is it naive to ponder?

I sit sometimes on my porch

when the house is

still, reflecting on these

last few years,

when that little boy

wandered into our lives.

Oh how he wanders!

like a pixie, an elf,

a wonderful little creature

who fascinates and

terrifies us all.

Who can know him?

does he know

himself?

Who is he, and where is the key

to unlock,

to discover, to hold, and to find?

Oh yes, I wanted it all

back then,

before he came,

didn't realize that his coming

would change me so,

that a small boy

could work his way into my heart,

twisting it somewhat

tearing it sometimes,

but finding his place, nonetheless.

And I still can dream,

despite the sadness,

in spite of the pain,

I dream in color now,

back then

it was all black

and white

picket fences.

Tonight, Stephen went to the kitchen, got out his photo card for "tea" and put it on the counter to tell me he wanted that. I knew he had a cup that had most likely been left somewhere in the house. Usually we walk together (the whole time I'm saying "Get cup!"), I help him get it, and we walk back to the kitchen together. Tonight, I said, "Where's your cup? Go get it." And, whether the repetition finally worked, or his brain is working harder, or a combination of both...tonight, for the first time in his life, he went to the living room, got his cup, and brought it to me.

Talk about one little victory. biggrin.gif It may seem small (well, it IS) but things like this make everyday life a hell of a lot easier.

Just had to share. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 3 2006, 10:44 PM)
Tonight, Stephen went to the kitchen, got out his photo card for "tea" and put it on the counter to tell me he wanted that. I knew he had a cup that had most likely been left somewhere in the house. Usually we walk together (the whole time I'm saying "Get cup!"), I help him get it, and we walk back to the kitchen together. Tonight, I said, "Where's your cup? Go get it." And, whether the repetition finally worked, or his brain is working harder, or a combination of both...tonight, for the first time in his life, he went to the living room, got his cup, and brought it to me.

Talk about one little victory. biggrin.gif It may seem small (well, it IS) but things like this make everyday life a hell of a lot easier.

That is AWESOME news GG!!!!! trink39.gif trink39.gif trink39.gif

((((((((((GG and Stephen))))))))))

My love to you both heart.gif

Thank you for sharing your little steps twords success.

rose.gif Amanda

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 3 2006, 09:44 PM)

One incredible victory, GG. My heart is filling up knowing your little guy is making strides you may not have ever thought possible. Kudos to Stephen. And, more so, to his incredible mother. You. heart.gif You're so great. smile.gif

QUOTE (sullysue @ Jan 3 2006, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 3 2006, 09:44 PM)
Tonight, Stephen went to the kitchen, got out his photo card for "tea" and put it on the counter to tell me he wanted that.  I knew he had a cup that had most likely been left somewhere in the house.  Usually we walk together (the whole time I'm saying "Get cup!"), I help him get it, and we walk back to the kitchen together.  Tonight, I said, "Where's your cup?  Go get it."  And, whether the repetition finally worked, or his brain is working harder, or a combination of both...tonight, for the first time in his life, he went to the living room, got his cup, and brought it to me.

Talk about one little victorybiggrin.gif  It may seem small (well, it IS) but things like this make everyday life a hell of a lot easier.

One incredible victory, GG. My heart is filling up knowing your little guy is making strides you may not have ever thought possible. Kudos to Stephen. And, more so, to his incredible mother. You. heart.gif You're so great. smile.gif

wub.gif

Stace, you and the other moms who are sharing this with me are so special.

Again, my heartfelt thanks to everyone who reads and cares.

I've shed so many tears of sadness that I had forgotten how poignant the "my heart is so full I have to cry" kind of tears can be. Thank you, thank you all so much, for the PMs. I feel so fortunate to have such an incredible group of people rooting for my little boy as his thoughts start to take shape, and walk right out. smile.gif

QUOTE (GhostGirl @ Jan 4 2006, 03:44 AM)

Beautiful. heart.gif

Thank you so much for posting this GhostGirl. Everything I've read on the subject indicates a direct link between mercury in inoculations and these types of disorders. It seems that when multiple inoculations are injected at one time that the risk is much greater and that the younger the child the greater the risk. There is also a direct link between these injections and cancer.

Please continue to get the word out in any way possible. This is just the tip of the iceberg concerning how corporate "health care" preys upon a trusting and unknowing public.

There is no illness that is caused by the lack of a pharmaceutical chemical!!!

There is much more money to be made by prolonging peoples illness than by keeping them healthy!!!

God has provided everything we need to be healthy if we just educate ourselves on what we need and what to avoid. ( My people perish for lack of knowledge)

My prayers and I'm sure those of many others are with you and your child GhostGirl. Please consider nutrition as a first-line therapy. bekloppt.gif

it's those kind of moments...

that make all the hard work and determination worth it...

http://www.millan.net/minimations/smileys/foryou.gif

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 4 2006, 01:14 PM)
Tonight, Stephen went to the kitchen, got out his photo card for "tea" and put it on the counter to tell me he wanted that.  I knew he had a cup that had most likely been left somewhere in the house.  Usually we walk together (the whole time I'm saying "Get cup!"), I help him get it, and we walk back to the kitchen together.  Tonight, I said, "Where's your cup?  Go get it."  And, whether the repetition finally worked, or his brain is working harder, or a combination of both...tonight, for the first time in his life, he went to the living room, got his cup, and brought it to me.

Talk about one little victorybiggrin.gif  It may seem small (well, it IS) but things like this make everyday life a hell of a lot easier.

That's so great GG biggrin.gif

Ditto what lrf said!

QUOTE (ladirushfan80 @ Jan 4 2006, 05:14 AM)

GG, that is awesome!!! I am so happy for all your determination, and strong will.

Nothing like it in the world. heart.gif rose.gif Makes me want to hug my beautiful babies!!! Give yours a hug for me too!

The hits just keep on comin', folks. smile.gif I can print this thread out as a way to measure Stephen's journey out of autism.

So, today, he had a post-surgery followup appointment. We waited for an hour and half to see the surgeon for all of 2 minutes. Anyway, while we were waiting, and waiting, and waiting, we were singing and playing...and I was counting with him. At school he's been working on recognizing numbers up to five. So, I was holding up fingers and counting...we got to five, and he said, "Figh." I said, "Yes! Five!" Then he smiled and said..."sihh," so I said, "Six!" Stephen: "seh-en." "Seven!" "Ehhht, nint, tent." This from a child who wouldn't even consistently respond to his own name a year ago.

As I just told a very dear friend--- tonight, my cup runneth over. wub.gif