Who fell off the biggest cliff?

Lost In Xanadu

I ponder what could have been too!

I got too close to the band and sadly I know all of their dark secrets.

Damn! I'm bored on my birthday morning.

Drinking beer and watching a David Golmour concert.

He Rules.

Dave Meniketti is so underrated.

I used to tease Dave and tell him that he sold his soul to the Devil to play the guitar.

He would always respond telling me that Neil Peart was overrated.

Classic!

Remember Y&T opened for Rush in 1984. Ironically it was a three week stint on the East Coast!

Why not the West Coast???? Makes no sense!!

Earl, did they have any juicy gossip about the tour with Rush? I'm assuming something went down between them ..

One of my favorite bands of all time!!! Y&T!!!!

Yesterday & Today

Struck Down

Earthshaker

Black Tiger

Meanstreak

In Rock We Trust

After that this band totally shit the bed of corporate commercial whorism. SUMMERTIME GIRLS DESTROYED THEM! COMPLETE CRAP!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b2SVxOPwww

Summertime Girls isn't on 5150? It should have been.

Signed,

The Red Rocker

;)

Wow, nobody mentioned KISS yet. I love(d) them. But, they've pretty much been doing the same live show for the last 15+ years. And, they've managed to put out one respectable album, Monster, during that same time period. Sure, they're old but their concerts don't have to be as "cookie cutter" as they are...

Open with "Detroit Rock City". A few more songs. Fire breathing during "Firehouse". A few more songs. Blood spitting during "God Of Thunder". A few more songs. Paul flies into the crowd during "Love Gun". One or two more songs. "Rock And Roll All Nite". Meh!

It's not the original 4 anymore. It's okay to touch the albums from the '80's and '90's again. Play "Hide Your Heart", "Young And Wasted", "Under The Gun" or, dare I say, something from Carnival Of Souls like "Master and Slave".

Yup, same scripted, rehearsed banter every time! Such a stale and boring show, same shit every time!

EUROPE!

Really? Sure, not everyone may like their late 80s output, but what they have done since "Start from The Dark" is at least solid, partly awesome.

Bon Jovi, then, is a safe bet for this thread.

But nothing compared to Van Halen! From "Jump" on, they have been a synonym for nausea!

Queensryche, really? they've had a couple of bum albums, but so have a lot of bands. Monkees, I'll defend their late '67to '69 output.

Gonna say Motley Crue.

tool. almost seventeen years since their last great album.

I respectfully disagree.

Is this tongue in cheek? Tool? Really? :unsure:

I think Lateralus and 10,000 days are incredible. I just wish they'd record a new album since they get better with each album. My opinion, of course.

• Like 1

Motley crue

Aerosmith{ The biggest fall of all}

Judas priest and Iron maiden { I grew up with this bands, by 1990 they were finished}

Kiss{ Selling prouduct, their high point for me was Lick it up and mid 80's}

I disagree on Genesis, there best was the phil collins era,there prog stuff was small cult like following, I never got into the proggy stuff, just boring.

I disagree on Genesis, there best was the phil collins era,there prog stuff was small cult like following, I never got into the proggy stuff, just boring.

:facepalm:

It was all over after Gabriel's departure. Collins turned Genesis into a pop band.

It wasn't all bad though.

Genesis had two great albums after Gabriel left. Then, yuk... pop band, especially in the 80s and 90s. But, they DID make TONS money so I guess that was a motivator.

I vote for Aerosmith... biggest cliff. From the first 2 albums to the gargage kiddie pop that they play now, disgusting.

• Like 1

DEVO, post-Freedom of Choice. FoC had a lot of synth, but was still guitar-hook based. After that, synth-dominated pop, with some irony-charged lyrics thrown in the background.

I don't understand how people think Phil ruined Genesis. Tony would never let someone else take that much control over the songwriting.....

I blame them all equally :)

:outtahere:

Me too. Phil was not solely responsible for Genesis turning into a pop band. To argue otherwise is to deny Mike and the Mechanics.

I don't understand how people think Phil ruined Genesis. Tony would never let someone else take that much control over the songwriting.....

I'm sure they were all to blame for turning Genesis into an anodyne pop band, but it's easy to blame Collins because he became the "face" of post-Gabriel Genesis.

I'll give them A Trick of the Tail, but after that....... :| :(

Me too. Phil was not solely responsible for Genesis turning into a pop band. To argue otherwise is to deny Mike and the Mechanics.

For me as an old avid Phil Collins/Genesis fan, Phil ruined Genesis when he decided to leave back in '95!!. The new singer, Ray, couldn't hold a candle to Phil and fans such as myself were surely turned off. Believe me, I tried again and again to listen to the new stuff to no avail. It wasn't the same! Tony and Mike were desperate to continue on without Phil, but sadly there's no replacing Phil IMO....The reunion tour back in 2007 was a real treat and $$$$ maker, but everyone had a sense that it was a one-off thing and wouldn't last.

Never got into the Peter period with Genesis, but his solo stuff is really great!!

Hahahahaha!!!

This is nuts! I just wrote a poll Tony Banks V. Richard Wright and I just ripped Phil Collins for turning the band into POPesis.

Fukk it. It's TRUE!

Phil's solo albums SAY IT ALL!

I can't help it kids! It's "IN THE AIR TONIGHT!"

PHIL COLLINS KILLED GENESIS!

PHIL COLLINS KILLED MTV!

LOL!