Who fell off the biggest cliff?

Lost In Xanadu

Queensryche jumped off a moderate-sized cliff and fell at a relatively slow pace. Aerosmith took a rocket ship from Mt.Everett's peak, pointed it at the center of the earth, and launched themselves full-on. Nothing can be more embarassing. Even U2 (whose early efforts were excellent and later releases unenjoyable imho) hasn't come close to reaching those levels of musical ridiculousness

DEVO, post-Freedom of Choice. FoC had a lot of synth, but was still guitar-hook based. After that, synth-dominated pop, with some irony-charged lyrics thrown in the background.

I would say post- NT, still a killer album.

NT was full of radio friendly hits, but didn't have the edge of the first three efforts.

Hmmm, didn't lose the edge for me :huh: I liked the sophistication over some of the punk as well, at least during that period.

Check this action...!

• Like 1

Since their debut album, which act in your opinion has fallen the furthest, the fastest....

It needs to be someone for whom you really liked their early work, but cannot stomach their current/later work.

For me... 2 came to mind right away:

Aerosmith

U2

WOW!!

Your thread title instantly made me think of CLIFF BURTON!

Once he passed away METALLICA TURNED INTO A PILE OF SHITE! JMO!

Sure "And Justice For All" was ok although there was no fuckking bass on it. Jason SUCKS.

The "Black Album" was a melodic pile of commercial MTV crap but it was ok.

After that ALL METALLICA WAS GARBAGE! "GARBAGE DAYS REVISITED I AND II" ARE TRUE GARBAGE!!!

The Metallica Trilogy of "Kill 'Em All" "Ride The Lightning" and "Master Of Puppets" FUCKKING RULE!!!

CLIFF BURTON WAS METALLICA!

Once he passed the band fell off a fuckiing CLIFF!

• Like 1

Queensryche jumped off a moderate-sized cliff and fell at a relatively slow pace. Aerosmith took a rocket ship from Mt.Everett's peak, pointed it at the center of the earth, and launched themselves full-on. Nothing can be more embarassing. Even U2 (whose early efforts were excellent and later releases unenjoyable imho) hasn't come close to reaching those levels of musical ridiculousness

Sadly I just bought the new Ryche Taint record. I couldn't even get through the turd I mean third song.

COMPLETE CRAP MELTDOWN!!

GEOFF TATE IS A TOTAL POSER!

Has anybody mentioned the Cars? Their first album is nothing and I can't name any songs from later on

Are you kidding? They had many hits from Heartbeat City. Door To Door sucked, though.

I agree. The Cars' debut was amazing and they havent been as good since, but they were still great up to HC. I didnt like it back when it came out but Heartbeat City has grown on me over the years. And yes, Door To Door did suck.

Since their debut album, which act in your opinion has fallen the furthest, the fastest....

It needs to be someone for whom you really liked their early work, but cannot stomach their current/later work.

For me... 2 came to mind right away:

Aerosmith

U2

WOW!!

Your thread title instantly made me think of CLIFF BURTON!

Once he passed away METALLICA TURNED INTO A PILE OF SHITE! JMO!

Sure "And Justice For All" was ok although there was no fuckking bass on it. Jason SUCKS.

The "Black Album" was a melodic pile of commercial MTV crap but it was ok.

After that ALL METALLICA WAS GARBAGE! "GARBAGE DAYS REVISITED I AND II" ARE TRUE GARBAGE!!!

The Metallica Trilogy of "Kill 'Em All" "Ride The Lightning" and "Master Of Puppets" FUCKKING RULE!!!

CLIFF BURTON WAS METALLICA!

Once he passed the band fell off a fuckiing CLIFF!

Yeah, I lost the desire to see Metallica after Cliff died. The last show I saw was New Years Eve 1985 which I'm sure I've posted before so sorry for the repeat.