Who fell off the biggest cliff?

Lost In Xanadu

Since their debut album, which act in your opinion has fallen the furthest, the fastest....

It needs to be someone for whom you really liked their early work, but cannot stomach their current/later work.

For me... 2 came to mind right away:

Aerosmith

U2

How about Genesis? The fall off from the Peter Gabriel era stuff to what they put out in the 80s is remarkable. We go from some of the greatest music ever to something that is absolutely unlistenable in my book. We Can't Dance sounds almost as bad as finger nails on a chalk board.

Other honorable mentions

Aerosmith

Metallica

REM

Def Leppard

Since their debut album, which act in your opinion has fallen the furthest, the fastest....

It needs to be someone for whom you really liked their early work, but cannot stomach their current/later work.

Aerosmith

U2

U2 began to decline with Achtung Baby. I think that's about the time Bono's political activism started to overshadow their music.

This reminds me of a Rush/U2 connection. Wasn't Steve Lillywhite supposed to produce Grace Under Pressure? I've often wondered what that album would have sounded like with Lillywhite at the helm.

Aerosmith

U2

U2 began to decline with Achtung Baby. I think that's about the time Bono's political activism started to overshadow their music.

This reminds me of a Rush/U2 connection. Wasn't Steve Lillywhite supposed to produce Grace Under Pressure? I've often wondered what that album would have sounded like with Lillywhite at the helm.

I'm glad he didn't, love the production of Grace, wouldn't change a thing.

I agree aerosmith fell pretty far since first album, but I will say my favorite song by them is on their second album, Train Kept a Rollin which absolutely rocks.

another easy one is Boston, cant believe no one was put them in yet. Although anymore I really cant listen to the 1st album anymore heard it way to many times

I really liked Living Color's first album (Vivid) - it was brilliant and it still stands up today. The others, not so much.

I agree about Aerosmith but I disagree about U2. I think Achtung Baby is their finest effort and I like their later material.

I really liked Living Color's first album (Vivid) - it was brilliant and it still stands up today. The others, not so much.

I agree about Aerosmith but I disagree about U2. I think Achtung Baby is their finest effort and I like their later material.

I actually liked Achtung Baby, but it's been hit and miss since then. I really enjoyed the last three albums, but they don't compare to the pre-Achtung Baby material.

Pop and Zooropa :eh: :|

:finbar:

• Like 2

Metallica first on my list. I'm biased I guess cause I used to see them with Cliff back in the day. The last time i saw Metallica was New Years Eve show 1985 in San Francisco. The acts were Metal Church, Megadeth, Exodus, Metallica.

After Cliff died and -And Justice for All came out I lost the desire to see them live anymore. I might have to go one time again though since my son want's to see them live.

Aerosmith

U2

I love the title of your thread too because I instantly thought of Cliff Burton and METALLICA.

I do like "And Justice For All" but after that the band is PURE PINOLE GARBAGE!

Jason Newsted absolutely SUCKS! OVERRATED BASSIST AND LAME SONG WRITER! JMO!

I do like "Death Magnetic" but that's about it.

Nothing will touch the Burton years.