Popular Artists you just don't like

I always loved Frank Zappa and then, something happened...

..its was Halloween, the 31st of October 1981.

I saw Frak Zappa live in concert.

My musical taste would never be the same.

To say that Frank Zappa was a musical genius falls far short.

He was just on a whole different level.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Edited by ReGorLaTroy
  • Like 1

I always loved Frank Zappa and then, something happened...

..its was Halloween, the 31st of October 1981.

I saw Frak Zappa live in concert.

My musical taste would never be the same.

To say that Frank Zappa was a musical genius falls far short.

He was just on a whole different level.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

Absolutely ......my uncle still says that was the best show he ever saw........and he's seen hundreds.

he was just operating on a level that is admittedly hard to grasp.

He is tied with Waits for me for fav artist of all time.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Foo fighters.

it's frustrating. cause i love Dave Grhol as a person.

the band........not so much.

This is the band i believe nirvana would have become anyway.

Mick

If Nirvana would have become that then Cobain would either have to become a ten times better songwriter out of nowhere or give up all writing duties to Dave Grohl. I think Cobain needed to be out of the picture, death or otherwise, for Grohl to start Foo Fighters.

• Like 2

Foo fighters.

Mick

If Nirvana would have become that then Cobain would either have to become a ten times better songwriter out of nowhere or give up all writing duties to Dave Grohl. I think Cobain needed to be out of the picture, death or otherwise, for Grohl to start Foo Fighters.

Nirvana were Kurts band.

I honestly don't find the two bands alike at all. Calling the Foo's the band Nirvana would have turned into is just lazy.

Wake up Nirvana would never have written an album like Wasting Light.

• Like 3

Foo fighters.

Mick

Nirvana were Kurts band.

I honestly don't find the two bands alike at all. Calling the Foo's the band Nirvana would have turned into is just lazy.

And Foo Fighters would never have written an album like In Utero, I don't think. Just worlds apart.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1

Foo fighters.

Mick

Nirvana were Kurts band.

I can certainly hear similarities in the guitar tone and some of the early stuff Foos did had a Nirvana like feel to it because of that. But Dave and Kurt are very different songwriters. Wasting Light is an amazing album and shows a band on top of their game and one with great maturity. I don't think Kurt would have ever reached that level of songwriting. There just wasn't enough evidence to suggest that he would with what he released before he died.

Foo fighters.

Mick

Nirvana were Kurts band.

I can certainly hear similarities in the guitar tone and some of the early stuff Foos did had a Nirvana like feel to it because of that. But Dave and Kurt are very different songwriters. Wasting Light is an amazing album and shows a band on top of their game and one with great maturity. I don't think Kurt would have ever reached that level of songwriting. There just wasn't enough evidence to suggest that he would with what he released before he died.

Of course there was enough evidence.

Foo fighters.

Mick

Nirvana were Kurts band.

I never heard it.

I think Nevermind and In Utero are good albums and I certainly listened to them a good amount back in the 90s. But there is nothing on those albums that would make me think Cobain was capable of writing an album like Wasting Light.

• Like 1

Foo fighters.

Mick

Nirvana were Kurts band.

I think Kurt would have reached an amazing level, but not in the vein of Foo Fighters material.

Most prog, actually. I'm not an old Genesis fan, I don't listen to Yes, I'm not interested in King Crimson, etc.

As for rock acts, I'm not a fan of AC/DC, The Grateful Dead, CCR, most hair metal (tho' I like some), Dylan....I hate the Beach Boys, etc.

yes yes yes to your 1st paragraph! Loving Rush doesn't mean you HAVE to also love Yes, early Genesis, etc.

Springsteen, the Doors (don't hate them but sure don't seek them out either)

Don't like Queen either.

I can't stand Queen. High five!

• Like 1

yes yes yes to your 1st paragraph! Loving Rush doesn't mean you HAVE to also love Yes, early Genesis, etc.

{Puts on flame suit}

I saw King Crimson (and Stick Men) when they played Sydney Australia.

Apart from the spectacle of having two (great) drummers playing at the same time, the songs did nothing for me.

They did seem like very nice guys and they have amazing 'chops'.

Don't like Queen either.

Don't like Queen either.

I absolutely hate Queen!
  • Like 1

{Puts on flame suit}

I saw King Crimson (and Stick Men) when they played Sydney Australia.

Apart from the spectacle of having two (great) drummers playing at the same time, the songs did nothing for me.

They did seem like very nice guys and they have amazing 'chops'.

A lot of the prog wankery bores me after three minutes or so. I really have to be in the mood for it.

Don't like Queen either.

Don't like Queen either.

I absolutely hate Queen!

Glad someone said it.

"Yada, Yada, Yada...great musicians, memorable melodies, they spent six decades perfecting one song, a man who hits high notes, songs about riding bicycles...you are wrong Queen naysayers, after all you like [insert Segue's band of the moment]."

I admit I love the drummer. The guitars are good. The vocals are all over the place (I mean...he has a wide range).

But truth be told...I hate them. Even if I am eager to admit they have a lot of talent. But screw talent...I only enjoy one song. So much so I thought the whole album it came from was great...until recently when I replayed it and found...nope...just the one song.

Sorry...hate my bands, I don't care. I hate Queen. I have tried, and tried, and tried. I have even praised them (I don't see why disliking anything should blind one to the goodness that is on display, even I won't deny Prince is a legendary guitar hero), but aside from knowing they are talented musicians I just really, happily, live at peace with the fact that I never have to listen to Queen again.

I also have the same feelings towards Pink Floyd, Prince, Radiohead, and Creed (I know three quarters of this band are incredibly talented.).

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I also cannot stand Zappa. Sorry, hate him. Hate his voice. Hate his sense of humour. Hate him. Played several records (not saying I finished them), and I just HATE him so much. Awful. I don't even have the patience to even want to let him grow on me. Not for me. Ever.

Aside from maybe his classical stuff. When I get around to it, for some reason that aspect of his career does intrigue me.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I hate Queen. More like I find their songs annoying. Not sure what it is, but something about their overall sound just irritates the hell out of me when I hear one of their songs. Except for Bohemian Rhapsody, for some reason I don't mind that one. Maybe i just appreciate the originality of it.

Freddy was a fabulous singer is the best compliment I can give them.