Popular Artists you just don't like

Have to third Ghost. the gimmick stage stuff is just silly and the songwriting is sub-par and immature.

Mick

This.

• Like 2

Fifth for Ghost, listened through both of their two most recent albums a few times. I only care for one song off each one.

That's Jigolo Har Megiddo from the 2013 album

and then From the Pinnacle to the Pit from the 2015

I have more criticism to add on to the band but I think I'll hold off :LOL:

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 2

Have to third Ghost. the gimmick stage stuff is just silly and the songwriting is sub-par and immature.

Mick

What do you find immature about the songwriting? I get it for the first album but I thought they really grew a lot with their new one.

Mick

What do you find immature about the songwriting? I get it for the first album but I thought they really grew a lot with their new one.

Other than Ghost songs, what are some examples of immature songwriting? Some Kiss songs maybe?

I don't know about immature, but I find I can't empathize with the lyrics in the least. None of it speaks to or resonates with me. It's all just a bunch of satanist mumbo jumbo which the band has gone on record in saying is all tongue in cheek.
  • Like 2

I don't know about immature, but I find I can't empathize with the lyrics in the least. None of it speaks to or resonates with me. It's all just a bunch of satanist mumbo jumbo which the band has gone on record in saying is all tongue in cheek.

Bands like Baroness deserve the limelight.

They may not have an image, but they have everything else down to a tee.

• Like 2

It is obvious parody and satire.

It's neither funny nor clever.

• Like 3

you beat me to it man, lol.

maybe immature was a little strong........the satanist stuff is a big miss on me though.

Mick

• Like 3

wasn'y obvious to me. came across serious enough.

Mick

• Like 2

Sure it is. It is just not your cup of tea.

• Like 1

Mick

You fell for the joke. I like the fact they write melodic songs. Lyrics are just a device that's sometimes serious or sometimes not.

• Like 2

Sure it is. It is just not your cup of tea.

I have listened to Gothic rock, metal, doom etc for over a decade. Ghost are the latest superstars and they are one of the worst to date.

My opinion.

• Like 1

Mick

You fell for the joke. I like the fact they write melodic songs. Lyrics are just a device that's sometimes serious or sometimes not.

So we at least agree that the band's one big joke :LOL:

• Like 1

Mick

So we at least agree that the band's one big joke :LOL:

Pretty much.

• Like 1

I think it is important to note that that the original question was popular artists that you just don't like

The artists are not necessarily being condemned for "sucking" or being immature - but simply that the poster doesn't like them, and doesn't have that bond with them ..

There are plenty of accomplished musicians, artists and bands that I have never felt any sort of connection with, and I think that is what makes this topic interesting ..

We are not listing the best/worst songwriters or those with the biggest/smallest chops - just those who we don't connect with ..

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

My current list:

Queen

Jethro Tull

Dream Theater

Pink Floyd

Budgie

Mastodon

Slipknot

Ghost

Michael Jackson

Prince

Bon Jovi

Springsteen

Slayer

Dire Straits

Coldplay

Megadeth

Lacuna Coil

Steel Panther

Most U2

Creed

Death and thrash metal (other than Metallica)

Lacuna Coil

Hey Segue, this person lives in a world where Lacuna Coil is popualr. I wonder where that is :LOL:

Gasps...

HE HAS BEEN IN MY BEDROOM!

• Like 2

My current list:

Queen

Jethro Tull

Dream Theater

Pink Floyd

Budgie

Mastodon

Slipknot

Ghost

Michael Jackson

Prince

Bon Jovi

Springsteen

Slayer

Dire Straits

Coldplay

Megadeth

Lacuna Coil

Steel Panther

Most U2

Creed

Death and thrash metal (other than Metallica)

Italics= agree

Bold= :sigh: :laughing guy:

Normal= meh, I can take or leave!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Lacuna Coil

Hey Segue, this person lives in a world where Lacuna Coil is popualr. I wonder where that is :LOL:

They've played some pretty big festivals. And i thought there were other fans here besides Segue.

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil

They've played some pretty big festivals. And i thought there were other fans here besides Segue.

Haha yeah a few...they ain't the biggest band in the earth, but to be fair not the most unheard of either. Back in 2006 they made the cover of nearly every major rock magazine, so based in that alone they are legit!

Totally cool by me!

After all, we agreed on lots!

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil

Yeah, they've played some big festivals. But for the most part they are a band used to fill an open spot in the middle of the day. They don't headline and very rarely get top or towards the top billing. Their "popularity" height was about ten or so years ago and even then they weren't popular outside of the metal world.

There are a few other fans, myself included, besides Segue. I guess the handful of us who post about them make it seem like they're way more well known than they are.

• Like 2