Popular Artists you just don't like

I cannot stand John Mellancamp.

Not at all a fan of Avenged Sevenfold...hate how they are so popular.

Epica are dreadful. (They are ridiculously popular within the boundaries of the genres I enjoy).

Imagine Dragons are a joke.

Green Day are overrated. Seen them live, they were fun. But aside from that I am massively indifferent.

I do not get the fuss about Royal Blood (White Stripes-lite, methinks).

Ghost.

Guns n Roses (and anything Slash related, aside from moments here and their with Myles Kennedy).

• Like 1

I wouldn't say I hate Queen. More like I find their songs annoying. Not sure what it is, but something about their overall sound just irritates the hell out of me when I hear one of their songs. Except for Bohemian Rhapsody, for some reason I don't mind that one. Maybe i just appreciate the originality of it.

Freddy was a fabulous singer is the best compliment I can give them.

At least we know beyond personal taste you can dislike something but still admit their are aspects to praise.

Halestorm.

Dreadful production and I do not at all admire or like Lzzy Hale. Her voice grates on me and I find her image to try-hard.

Nickleback.

Kid Rock.

Bring Me The Horizon (hated them intensely back when their first EP came out around 2006. Will admit I like one or two songs).

Lamb Of God.

• Like 1

Sorry in a bad mood today so hating on stuff I actually hate is therapeutic and this is the thread to do it!
  • Like 1

The Ramones.

Fun for what they are i guess. but always left me saying........yea so?

Mick

This...and to a large extent The Clash.

I enjoy them (it's not hard to enjoy light stuff), but oh my days people praised punk like it was groundbreaking. It just sounds like teenage versions of music the sixties did better.

• Like 1

The god damn Who.

nope don't get it.

so they were loud and crazy.........so what.

Mick

Quadropheni-no.

BOOOORRRRRRRRIIIIIIIING!!

• Like 1

Sam smith.

What a mopey miserable guy.

Mick

Lady Gaga deserved that Oscar this year. Sam Smith received his win with a few gasps...

Hate his maudlin rubbish. In fact, I am truly sick of all the maudlin British pop stars right now: Adele, James Bay (I like him), Sam Smith, Emili Sande (my fave of the bunch) and a stampede of miserable imitations. I am not saying these artists are bad, but British radio has become grey and funereal. HATE IT! (I love pop so I am not hating on radio music...I am a big nineties rnb fan after all).

Seriously, why is this generation mistaking clichéd balladeering for depth? It is becoming every bit as hollow and shallow as a forced happy Carly Rae Jepson song. No real depth, just formula.

Also...every male pop star right now sing like they have lost their balls. We are getting more and more dominating female popstars with great energy and electrifying stage presence (which is great).

But why are all the male singers so damn miserable!

• Like 1

I swear I need sleep or at least a good time spent with a Jim Carrey movie...
  • Like 1

Good idea...

...maybe take some "nice" pills with your cookies and milk.

Perhaps they will kick in by the time you wake up and you can get back to that positive Segue we all know and love.

:)

Van Halen

Guns n' Roses

Springsteen

And Bryan Adams makes me want to kick myself in the head.

• Like 1

Good idea...

Perhaps they will kick in by the time you wake up and you can get back to that positive Segue we all know and love.

I did feel guilty writing it because you love almost all these bands I moaned about...

HAVE A CUPCAKE (it's been too long)

• Like 1

Good idea...

I did feel guilty writing it because you love almost all these bands I moaned about...

HAVE A CUPCAKE (it's been too long)

It's just varied taste in music, don't sweat it little brother. :)

Segue I agree with almost all you wrote in page 34 other than Ghost. Good list

I don't have any issue with Ghost being popular. But thanks!

• Like 1

Van Halen

Sabbath

Iron Maiden

King's X

Dream Theater

Marillion

Riverside

Pink Floyd

You pretty much named all of my all time favorite bands.

I'd love to hear what kind of crap you listen to? :eyeroll:

• Like 2

Sam smith.

Mick

He doesn't even count. He is Boy George of this era. And his biggest hit is a blatant ripoff of Tom Petty.

• Like 2

Sam smith.

Mick

He doesn't even count. He is Boy George of this era. And his biggest hit is a blatant ripoff of Tom Petty.

He DOES look like boy George's less interesting cousin, lol

Mick

• Like 2

Sam smith.

Mick

There really isn't anything particularly camp about his music. It's not my taste, but he is a serious musician. Being gay aside, he has nothing in common with Boy George.

While as of recent I have grown to appreciate them more, I could never stand the douchiness that is Metallica.

(For some reason when I mention this, people say "you need to listen to their old stuff brah", as if I'm not including their more popular & acclaimed work when stating this...)

Edited by Mr. Not

I also cannot stand Zappa. Sorry, hate him. Hate his voice. Hate his sense of humour. Hate him. Played several records (not saying I finished them), and I just HATE him so much. Awful. I don't even have the patience to even want to let him grow on me. Not for me. Ever.

Aside from maybe his classical stuff. When I get around to it, for some reason that aspect of his career does intrigue me.

I totally get what you are saying but as a massive Zappa fan for 25 years if you don't like his personae that much don't even veer into his classical stuff. You will hear him in every single note and you won't be able to get past that. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it, but listen with an open mind.

Maybe check out a recording by Meridian Art Ensemble called Smart Went Crazy A couple Zappa tracks and/or Greggery Peccary and Other Persuasions by Ensemble Modern., then try LSO vol 1 and maybe Yellow Shark. I'm telling you in all honesty, Zappas musical palate is so rich it takes some time to fully get it, but if you do, great? Maybe the rest of his works will get you as well.