wearing shirts of the band you're seeing?

beherit

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I have a shirt of the band i'm going to see, I will wear it to the show. When the hell else am I gonna wear my new Iron Maiden shirt? When I go to visit my grandma? laugh.gif Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 26 2012, 08:47 AM)
If I have a shirt of the band i'm going to see, I will wear it to the show. When the hell else am I gonna wear my new Iron Maiden shirt? When I go to visit my grandma? laugh.gif

Out in public?

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Jun 26 2012, 01:42 PM)
My rule - wear a Rush shirt to any concert I go to... UNLESS I am traveling to Chicago to see a concert, then it's always Packers gear.

/ high five.

Way to show pride. Hahaha. Best post in this thread. 1022.gif

To put it bluntly, the only two bands I give a shit about seeing live are Sabbath, and Rush. So I will don my MOB RULES shirt the next time Sabbath come to town, specially with Ozzy.

I only have a PeW shirt for Rush. Good enough, though.

Edited by D3strukt

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 11:54 AM)
If I have a shirt of the band i'm going to see, I will wear it to the show. When the hell else am I gonna wear my new Iron Maiden shirt? When I go to visit my grandma? laugh.gif

Out in public?

I guess, but I just don't do that too much with band shirts anymore. That's why for me at concerts are the best time to wear them. Back in my teens and into my early 20s I used to wear band shirts everyday, but I haven't done that in almost a decade now.

One of the main reasons for that is because I just don't buy band shirts like I used to because they're so damn expensive now. When I first started going to concerts 20 years ago, shirts were like $15 each, $20 at the most. Now at most shows shirts go in the $35-$45 dollar range, sometimes it's more than the ticket price and that's f*ckin rediculous. Why am I gonna pay more for a shirt than what I pay for the concert? It makes no damn sense and they're completely ripping peple off by charging that much now.

If I really like the band I may buy a shirt online but it's rare now that i'll buy a shirt at a concert anymore.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Jun 26 2012, 08:04 PM)
QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 26 2012, 11:54 AM)

Out in public?

I guess, but I just don't do that too much with band shirts anymore. That's why for me at concerts are the best time to wear them. Back in my teens and into my early 20s I used to wear band shirts everyday, but I haven't done that in almost a decade now.

One of the main reasons for that is because I just don't buy band shirts like I used to because they're so damn expensive now. When I first started going to concerts 20 years ago, shirts were like $15 each, $20 at the most. Now at most shows shirts go in the $35-$45 dollar range, sometimes it's more than the ticket price and that's f*ckin rediculous. Why am I gonna pay more for a shirt than what I pay for the concert? It makes no damn sense and they're completely ripping peple off by charging that much now.

If I really like the band I may buy a shirt online but it's rare now that i'll buy a shirt at a concert anymore.

Yeah, I only buy a shirt at a show if it's a heavy hitter like Maiden or Rush.

When I go to a concert, I rarely ware a concert t-shirt. I usually like to make a statement when I go to a concert. When I went to see Mastodon, I wore leather buttless chaps and a mesh tank top. When I saw Rush for the Time Machine tour, I did wear a TRF thong and not much else...and I let the handsome gentlemen behind me play air drums to Tom Sawyer on my exposed cheeks. blush4.gif

OK. Kidding. I usually wear my Farewell To Kings t-shirt regardless of what concert I'm going to . smile.gif

QUOTE (ILSnwdog @ Jun 26 2012, 10:52 PM)
When I saw Rush for the Time Machine tour, I did wear a TRF thong and not much else...and I let the handsome gentlemen behind me play air drums to Tom Sawyer on my exposed cheeks.  blush4.gif

That was a fun time. Thanks for letting me play!

I never thought about it but, I always wear a t-shirt of the band I'm going to see. If I've never seen them before and I buy a shirt at the concert I'll put that on over whatever I'm wearing.

This is the plan.

Roger Waters - Porcupine Tree (already done)

Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper - Alice Cooper from last year.

Kiss/Motley Crue - Kiss from the last tour.

Rush - probably going with the R30 baseball jersey because I haven't worn it in awhile.

QUOTE (nappy2112 @ Jun 27 2012, 03:49 PM)
This is the plan.

Roger Waters - Porcupine Tree (already done)
Iron Maiden/Alice Cooper - Alice Cooper from last year.
Kiss/Motley Crue - Kiss from the last tour.
Rush - probably going with the R30 baseball jersey because I haven't worn it in awhile.

Similar plan of attack

Iron Maiden/Cooper - Number of the Beast shirt or Alice Cooper shirt

Rush - Must buy Rush shirt before the show and save a buck.

When I would see Rush or Yes I used to wear the earliest T-shirt from a past Rush or Yes concert that I could fit into!

I *might* do that again if I could, but aging is a bitch. If I could fit into my HYF or Presto shirts I would wear them to Rush in November, no questions asked.

Nowadays, I usually wear a T-shirt totally incongruous to the artist I'm seeing.

For example...I tend to wear jazz shirts at prog gigs. 1022.gif

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

Smaller bands / smaller venues implies that a lesser percentage of people there have never seen the band before and also perhaps that the band may not be *awesome* enough to warrant purchasing a t-shirt.

In the metal community at least, it is a badge of honor to wear a metal shirt, whether one of the bands playing or an alternate favorite to shows. So long as it's black.

Sometimes it's a matter of having to decide which t-shirt to buy...

http://lineup.heavymtl.com/

I'll probably do a Dethklok / Arch Enemy /Cradle of Filth type combo for that, then buy a shirt each day from my favorite performer.

Usually for me it's whatever I put on that morning. Could be a plain t-shirt or a band one. Last year I wore a Slayer shirt to Rush - why? it's what I put on that morning to go to work.

And yes, I wore the same shirt I worked in to the show.

I have worn all sorts of shirts, to all sorts of shows.

QUOTE (ReGorLaTroy @ Jun 25 2012, 01:43 PM)
I never wear a shirt of the band that I'm seeing.

Always another band.

In fact, I'm going to see The Beach Boys this Wednesday and am planning on wearing a Rush T Shirt.

Just a rule I have...don't even know why.

I have the same Rule. In fact, I just wore my favorite Rush shirt to Dream Theater.

QUOTE (beherit @ Jun 25 2012, 12:13 PM)
I've noticed that at bigger shows (Maiden, Rush, Metallica, etc) most people wear a shirt of the band they are seeing, but at smaller shows, people don't wear a shirt of the band they're seeing...

Personally, I try to wear something different and my personal rule is that I'd only wear a shirt of the band I'm seeing if it's the shirt I bought the last time I saw them..

what do you dudes do?

I never wear the shirt of the band I'm seeing. Wore Porcupine Tree to both Rush and Maiden, wore Rush to see Porcupine Tree, etc.

Edited by Presto-digitation