Orchestra Rumor Seems Likely Now

presto123

It's official. The Indy date that was originally scheduled for outdoors is now an indoors show. This gives a lot of credence that the orchestra rumor might be true. Just how many strings are on the new record to decide to tour with an orchestra? Have we only heard one side of CA?(heavy side) If there is not another side to the new record how many old songs will lend themselves to the orchestra treatment?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't find that indoor dates equals orchestra to me. Orchestras play outdoors all the time. The outdoor venue Rush usually favors in Houston is the summer home of the Houston Symphony. To me, indoor dates mean they care if the light show is visible and effective from the very first song on.

QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 19 2012, 04:20 AM)
It's official. The Indy date that was originally scheduled for outdoors is now an indoors show. This gives a lot of credence that the orchestra rumor might be true.

With all due respect, a change in venue is not evidence of the band employing a symphony orchestra for the Show.

QUOTE (Animate @ Apr 19 2012, 07:21 AM)
Please God, no orchestra. ohmy.gif sad.gif ohmy.gif sad.gif ohmy.gif

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Apr 19 2012, 07:35 AM)
I just don't find that indoor dates equals orchestra to me. Orchestras play outdoors all the time. The outdoor venue Rush usually favors in Houston is the summer home of the Houston Symphony. To me, indoor dates mean they care if the light show is visible and effective from the very first song on.

I was about to say that, I performed with Itzhak Perlmann and the Russian Orchestra and the concert was outside. So I don't really think that means anything!

no.gif

Yeah, I'm hoping they don't have an orchestra. There is a magic to the three-man group dynamic. That's how Rush is meant to be done.

Besides, they didn't announce it with the tourdate announcement today so, I'm thinking, it's not gonna happen.

smile.gif

QUOTE (The Big Money @ Apr 19 2012, 04:23 AM)
I sure hope there isn't an orchestra. That would totally ruin it for me. Rush music should only be played by the three of them.

goodpost.gif

I wouldn't mind if it was a small string section that only played during those songs. Which I think it will be. I highly doubt they will bring out a huge section of players and do arrangements on other tracks.

Although, if they did do "Losing It" I would die to hear live strings on that. But other then that, they should just keep it to the new material. Gorillaz toured with a string section that didn't play on every track, and it worked out just fine.

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 19 2012, 08:11 AM)
Orchestra + Signals dog on the tour book = Losing It live.

Hmmmm....could be!

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Apr 19 2012, 07:46 AM)
QUOTE (presto123 @ Apr 19 2012, 04:20 AM)
It's official. The Indy date that was originally scheduled for outdoors is now an indoors show. This gives a lot of credence that the orchestra rumor might be true.

With all due respect, a change in venue is not evidence of the band employing a symphony orchestra for the Show.

Commen Sense Thank You trink39.gif

QUOTE (Del_Duio @ Apr 19 2012, 07:11 AM)
Orchestra + Signals dog on the tour book = Losing It live.

That would be an epic ending to the concert!

I really think it would be pretty refreshing. I LOVED when Metallica did with this S&M. It was something I had never seen a band like that try before and I thought it really worked.

Ive been to so many Rush tours since '85, it's usually the same thing over and over with new visuals and different songs. This would really stand out as something to remember, of course as long as it's done right. Metallica had rehearsed that S&M tour for like 7 months to get all that right.

Touring with an orchestra would be no more inventive then, say, putting out an unplugged album.

When I think of Rush and an orchestra, Styx and Kansas come to mind.

Touring with a cello player or something ....maybe..... ok, could swallow that.

Now that I think about it- a Rush unplugged album would be better the Rush with an orchestra.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 19 2012, 07:53 AM)
I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that there isn't gonna be an orchestra. That's the type of thing they would announce along with the tour dates if it were to happen.

Unless they are going to use local symphonys. Then they wouldn't be annoucing them!

no.gif