Orchestra Rumor Seems Likely Now

presto123

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 19 2012, 11:10 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Apr 19 2012, 07:53 AM)
I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that there isn't gonna be an orchestra. That's the type of thing they would announce along with the tour dates if it were to happen.

Unless they are going to use local symphonys. Then they wouldn't be annoucing them!

no.gif

Well, i'm no expert when it comes to booking a symphony for a show but i've been to enough concerts to know that if a band is doing something special and out of the ordinary like this, even if it's just for a few songs, they always announce it with the tour dates.

If they did do it though I don't think they would have local orchestra's at every show. They would bring their own one on tour that way they wouldn't have to worry from show to show as to weather or not the orchestra on that particular night will play everything they way the want it done.

Edited by J2112YYZ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that there isn't gonna be an orchestra. That's the type of thing they would announce along with the tour dates if it were to happen.

goodpost.gif

QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 19 2012, 06:12 PM)

goodpost.gif

So would that also apply to the rumor of Signals being played? Can we eliminate that as a possibility now too?

QUOTE (losingit2k @ Apr 19 2012, 11:37 AM)
Tears (With String Section)
Madrigal (With String Section)

i get your point, but let's try to be a little more realistic in terms of a setlist shall we? if those songs are necessary to include to justify a symphony, then i'm with the folks who don't want one. still, to each his/her own... 2.gif

QUOTE (LeaveMyThingAlone @ Apr 19 2012, 06:24 PM)
QUOTE (FountainOfSyrinx @ Apr 19 2012, 06:12 PM)

goodpost.gif

So would that also apply to the rumor of Signals being played? Can we eliminate that as a possibility now too?

I would say so. They didn't just surprise us at the first show on the last tour by playing MP out of nowhere, they let us know when the tour was announced. Major concert details like an using an orchestra and all of playing all of Signals would've been confirmed today with the release of the dates.

QUOTE (Unobtrusive Companion @ Apr 19 2012, 04:06 PM)
They don't need an orchestra! Give the three of them more trigger pads, but this time at head height. When they need a certain orchestral sound, all they've got to do is headbutt the corresponding pad!

2.gif  laugh.gif

icon_really_happy_guy.gif

I would pay double to see that. Optional Three Stooges sound effects would make it priceless.

Edited by drbirdsong

QUOTE (Checkster2112 @ Apr 19 2012, 10:42 PM)
The September St. Louis show is now indoors instead of the usual outdoor amphitheater...

Sad day...

Indoor rush is so good! Give it a chance! smile.gif

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ Apr 20 2012, 06:29 AM)
Goodness, some of you purists. "It would ruin it for me..."

biggrin.gif

Better pure than impure. biggrin.gif

Nah, it wouldn't ruin it for me but I'd rather not see it happen. I can only see an orchestra accompanying RUSH at some kind of awards ceremony or tribute to ANOTHER legendary band. And in either of those cases, I can only see RUSH and the orchestra playing a few songs together.