Predict what the new releases will sound like

GeminiRising79

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 24 2012, 09:50 AM)

My prediction: On the same lines of the current two releases: Droning, downbeat material, accented with oldschool marques, questions posed/indirect pessimism, truckloads of filler, layering. Forced steampunk theme.

Try to Cheer Down laugh.gif

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GUP1771 @ Mar 25 2012, 01:04 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 25 2012, 11:07 AM)
prediction: lots of guitar layering, not enough space between music and lyrics, lack of melody

i'm not expecting much.

I thought it was said that they were moving away from the excessive layering and going for a more direct approach?

what they say and what they actually do are two different things.

QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 25 2012, 02:33 PM)
prediction: lots of guitar layering, not enough space between music and lyrics, lack of melody

i'm not expecting much.

I thought it was said that they were moving away from the excessive layering and going for a more direct approach?

Do you feel the two new songs we've heard so far have the problems you're talking about?

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 24 2012, 08:50 AM)
Like the title states, succinctly predict what the new releases will sound like- Not if you think it will be great or suck. No arguing in this thread!

My prediction: On the same lines of the current two releases: Droning, downbeat material, accented with oldschool marques, questions posed/indirect pessimism, truckloads of filler, layering. Forced steampunk theme.

Your turn..

rofl3.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Mar 25 2012, 01:47 PM)
QUOTE (ReflectedLight @ Mar 25 2012, 02:33 PM)

i'm not expecting much.

Do you feel the two new songs we've heard so far have the problems you're talking about?

i don't think so but i haven't warmed up to them and believed me i've tried. i know that sometimes it takes more than a few listens but i feel like one shouldn't be forced to listen to try and like it. i haven't been wanting to listen to the new ones but that's ok and i'm glad there is a large majority that like it, just not me.

I'd like them to write what they are going to write but strip it down to a MP type sound. Meaning you can actually here the four parts. No special effects from Al. No freakin layering at all. Only one Geddy singing.

But that won't happen, sadly it will be much more like the OP described. Why would it change now?

QUOTE (Pound of Obscure @ Mar 25 2012, 04:35 PM)
I'd like them to write what they are going to write but strip it down to a MP type sound. Meaning you can actually here the four parts. No special effects from Al. No freakin layering at all. Only one Geddy singing.

But that won't happen, sadly it will be much more like the OP described. Why would it change now?

The OP likely has sone truth to it...

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 25 2012, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Mar 24 2012, 06:34 PM)
Droning, downbeat material... questions posed/indirect pessimism, truckloads of filler...

So it will sound a lot like your posts?

Not possible. No musical album could ever be that droning and pessimistic....

INCORRECT!

||

\/

http://cdn.beatsperminute.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Pink-Floyd-The-Final-Cut.jpg

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Mar 25 2012, 09:38 PM)
QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Mar 25 2012, 10:39 AM)
QUOTE (Dscrapre @ Mar 24 2012, 06:34 PM)
Droning, downbeat material... questions posed/indirect pessimism, truckloads of filler...

So it will sound a lot like your posts?

Not possible. No musical album could ever be that droning and pessimistic....

INCORRECT!

||

\/

http://cdn.beatsperminute.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Pink-Floyd-The-Final-Cut.jpg

rofl3.gif goodpost.gif

Believe it or not, I really want the catchy choruses back with my RUSH this time.

I already know they can play their asses off, but I want to hear some awesome choruses and vocal melodies again like Between the Wheels, Freewill, Limelight, Prime Mover, and yes even Everyday Glory (shout out to the EG haters lol).

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 24 2012, 10:50 AM)
Like the title states, succinctly predict what the new releases will sound like- Not if you think it will be great or suck. No arguing in this thread!

Your turn..

Gemini,

I love your posts buddy! But seriously:

Not if you think it will be great or suck.

Followed by:

Droning, downbeat material, accented with oldschool marques, questions posed/indirect pessimism, truckloads of filler, layering.  Forced steampunk theme.

Yeah, that's not saying it's gonna suck, that's just explaining how you think it will suck. (I'm sure several people have said this already as I didn't read thru the thread)

As much as I am diametrically opposed to just about every post you've ever made, I still love reading them!

NeilFinal.gif for President!!!

QUOTE (GeminiRising79 @ Mar 24 2012, 07:50 AM)

Your turn..

Forget the forced steampunk crap!

If this album sucks then I will simply put in "FORCE IT" by UFO instead!!!

I think the new record will be solid! If not I have a back up metal plan!!!!

Signed,

"HOLY DIVER" 1022.gif

QUOTE (That One Guy @ Mar 26 2012, 11:07 PM)
I bet one of the songs will go:

dooooo do do dooo dooooooooooo

da da da doo da da

ts ts ts

bew bew bew bewwwww baba dala ba

etc

One of the new singles to be released from the "Clockwork Angels" album is entitled "Every Death You Take."

Signed,

Weird Neil Yankovic