73 members have voted

1. 1. Zep vs Floyd

• Led Zeppelin
    • Pink Floyd

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tough choice for me. Early part of career: Zeppelin. Peak of career: Floyd. latter part of career: cant compare due to Zep quitting in '80, but leaning towards Floyd. Reunions: Zep.

Two bands that arent even close to being similar so it's a tough choice but I suppose I'd lean towards......I dunno, maybe Zeppelin.

If I absolutely MUST choose, I pick Floyd. Though, I can't think of a single LZ song I dislike. As someone else pointed out, completely different musical styles...so it's tough. I'm never NOT in the mood for Floyd, I'm sometimes not in the mood for LZ.

Up until 2 years ago i would have said Floyd . Zep it is by a hair. This might change in 6 months confused13.gif

Had to go with Zeppelin.

I love Floyd, but pretty much only listen to Meddle, Dark Side, WYWH, and Animals.

Other than ITTOD, I love every Zeppelin album.

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 24 2011, 12:15 AM)
I guess I'm not surprised that Zep has a decent sized lead. Rush is definitely a lot more Led Zeppelin than they are Pink Floyd, except maybe the 2112-Hemispheres era...

confused13.gif I wonder what the outcome of this poll would have been if Zep didn't loose Bonham and continued with their ITTOD sound...