Analog Kid

Tom Sawyer

Fit's perfectly in the second slot.

I think they open with a classic again.

I would like to see Big Money return as an opener.

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 14 2011, 11:35 AM)

Yeah, The Big Money is an awesome opener. Alternatively, I wouldn't mind seeing Red Barchetta get a shot in the first slot.

To return to the original question, I could see The Analog Kid being a cool song to open a show with. Great tune.

I dunno, The Analog Kid for me fits more as the second or third song in a set (i.e. Counterparts tour/Different Stages). I can't picture it as the first song in a set, but I can't picture it near the end of a set either.

Oh God No, Anything but Big Money.

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 14 2011, 04:18 PM)
I dunno, The Analog Kid for me fits more as the second or third song in a set (i.e. Counterparts tour/Different Stages). I can't picture it as the first song in a set, but I can't picture it near the end of a set either.

LOL - I dunno why, but this sounds wierd to me. What with the song makes it not a good fit for a opening song, but Tom Sawyer or TSOR works?

Not laughing at your comment, I just can't understand why

QUOTE (PolarizeMe @ Dec 14 2011, 05:18 PM)

I agree.....Play it in the middle of the set but I don't see it as an opener.

On the CP Tour, they opened with Dreamline (itself an awesome opener), The Spirit of Radio (the best of the best openers) and then The Analog Kid ... Maybe they could open with something like Dreamline, and then go into The Analog Kid? BTW I too like The Enemy Within, but not as an opener, but it would be great to bring it back! Edited by wilb1972

I feel they should open with 2112/Temples and end the concert with The Grand Finale!

I'd love hearing the opening to 2112 while they walk on stage!

Nothing better than the crowd pumping their fists to open the concert.

HEY!

QUOTE (2112th Man @ Dec 14 2011, 05:40 PM)
I feel they should open with 2112/Temples and end the concert with The Grand Finale!

I'd love hearing the opening to 2112 while they walk on stage!
Nothing better than the crowd pumping their fists to open the concert.

HEY!

I'm surprised they haven't done that, to be honest. It's a hell of a lot better idea than Dreamline or Spirit of Radio as far as pure punch goes. I like it better than Limelight or Tom Sawyer as well. What else... Big Money. Yeah, better than Big Money. Bastille Day, that was a good opener. What else have they opened with? I'm just going by the live album lists. Didn't they open with Force Ten on the RTB tour? Or Show Don't Tell?

I think Analog Kid would be a good opener for me but not for the "general public". Not a big enough song for the casual Rush fan to get the show started.

Big Money: NO!!. That opened the HYF tour. Once is enough. Over-rated.

My choices:

tSoR- Always a good opener. Actually wish they would cut it out of the set as we have seen it a million times, but if they gotta play it, get it over with.

Finding My Way - An oldie but a goodie.

2112 - A boy can dream, can't he.

-Going back to the tried-and-true method of the late 80s with opening the show with the opening tune of the previous album: Far Cry would be where I would wager ALL of my money if I were in Vegas.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 14 2011, 04:22 PM)

LOL - I dunno why, but this sounds wierd to me. What with the song makes it not a good fit for a opening song, but Tom Sawyer or TSOR works?

The Analog Kid doesn't have that epic introduction or overture that the songs that open their shows and albums do. It jumps straight into the full band playing the riff-and it is an awesome riff-without any sort of dramatic build-up to announce its arrival. That's why its great as a second song after the first song establishes the momentum.

QUOTE (malnar @ Dec 16 2011, 08:02 PM)
QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 14 2011, 04:22 PM)

The Analog Kid doesn't have that epic introduction or overture that the songs that open their shows and albums do. It jumps straight into the full band playing the riff-and it is an awesome riff-without any sort of dramatic build-up to announce its arrival. That's why its great as a second song after the first song establishes the momentum.

Yes! That's exactly why I believe it should be the second or third song in the set. The Analog Kid's a momentum song IMO...I think it needs a lead-in song with a dramatic close to make the opening chords more epic, such as the end of Subdivisions which goes straight into The Analog Kid.

However, if the guys do like a count in video like the Tom Sawyer intro at the start of the 2nd set on the last tour, then yeah I'd love to see it as the opener.

QUOTE (Todem @ Dec 14 2011, 12:35 PM)
Fit's perfectly in the second slot.

I think they open with a classic again.

Right -- its a perfect 2nd slot tune. Really hope they bring it back!