last movie you watched

sonicjams

Scream (9/10)

I will always love this trilogy! (The fourth film doesn't exist...shhhh...)

• Like 1

Isle of Dogs.

How was it?

Saw this one the other day, and watched it again with my wife because I knew she would enjoy it - surprisingly good:

Trainwreck_poster.jpg

Isle of Dogs was vert enjoyable, an interesting twist on the "boy searches for lost dog" story, with a political twist. Dognapping, quarrantine, exile, corruption, murder, all sorts of twists. Figured it would be good from first seeing the trailer on Nothing But Trailers on AXS. Well worth the wait.
  • Like 1

Double feature Friday

Two very different movies

Up first is Akira Kurosawa's Dreams .... some of the most visually breathtaking and emotionally stirring movies ever have come from Japan .. And this is definitely not one of them .. Funded by Warner Bros, and apparently Steven Spielberg had some hand in this mess - Eight unrelated vignettes - and I seriously doubt most of these stories were even dreams to begin with - just the taking of ideas from far better movies ...

tumblr_p4sso3BQDG1qg8eplo1_500.jpg

Next up Oliver Reed, Ian McShane, Jill St John and Edward Woodward ..

Great cast, a little uneven but never a dull moment ... Reed seems very at home in the role of an escaped convict out to murder his unfaithful wife ... This one saved the night after the dud that was Dreams

sitting-target.jpg

• Like 1

Scream 2 (8/10)

Not quite as good as the first, although I love the villian reveal at the end and the cast are once again fantastic. I haven't seen this trilogy in around a decade, nd two films in I am a massive fan still! Can't wait to see the third as I remember really loving that one!

• Like 2

Scream 2 (8/10)

Not quite as good as the first, although I love the villian reveal at the end and the cast are once again fantastic. I haven't seen this trilogy in around a decade, nd two films in I am a massive fan still! Can't wait to see the third as I remember really loving that one!

Do yourself a favour and stay away from the 4th though!

• Like 1

Scream 2 (8/10)

Saw it after the DVD release. It was SHITE

• Like 1

Scream 2 (8/10)

There was a Scream 4?

I saw the first three in the theater when they were released. Love the first two. The third is ok but I felt it was a little tough to sit through. I know there were a number of things I didn't like about that one at the time. But it's been so long since I've seen it I can't recall the specifics. Had no idea there was a fourth film. May check it out for the hell of it.

• Like 1

Scream 2 (8/10)

There was a Scream 4?

I saw the first three in the theater when they were released. Love the first two. The third is ok but I felt it was a little tough to sit through. I know there were a number of things I didn't like about that one at the time. But it's been so long since I've seen it I can't recall the specifics. Had no idea there was a fourth film. May check it out for the hell of it.

The term "for completists only" has never been so well employed as when they used it to describe Scream 4.