Fear Series Live

Drummerrobin

Should Rush play the Fear Series in it's entirety on the next tour?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rush play the Fear Series in it's entirety on the next tour?

• Yes, that would be awesome!
    • Would be pretty cool
    • No thank you
    • No, absolutely not!

I could "take it or leave it". It would definately be cool, but there are a lot of other songs that I'd rather hear.

QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 13 2011, 07:46 AM)
I could "take it or leave it". It would definately be cool, but there are a lot of other songs that I'd rather hear.

yes.gif

I voted No: Not because I don't want to hear it! I just feel for time constraints there are many other song I rather hear Live!

Jacobs Ladder

Cut to the Chase

Middletown Dreams

Lock & Key

Countdown

Where's My Thing?

Cold Fire

Vapor Trails

Test For Echo

Show Don't Tell

Available Light

All songs never caught Live on Video Prior to me would be more Interesting than the now Quadrilogy! If I wanted to see the Trilogy - Freeze, I just pop in The Grace Under Pressure Tour! This Quadrilogy is best left for their Farewell Tour. We're going to get enough songs from Clockwork Angles on the next tour to throw these four in as well.

Go Ahead: Crucify Me! bitchslap.gif

Edited by losingit2k

Absolutely yes!!

Why?

Because then we'd get to hear "The Weapon"! 1022.gif

(And I really really like "The Enemy Within" too... And even "Witch Hunt" is from MP; great album all around. yes.gif)

No, thank you. That would eat up close to 30 minutes of their show, or roughly one-sixth to one-fifth of it. It's a huge chunk of time to devote to the Fear Series; time that could be better used on stronger tracks. Besides, I've already seen parts 1-3 played live (GUP tour), in a row, and seen "Witch Hunt" a few other times since, alone.

I think a half-hour of "Fear" would put the more casual fans to sleep, and possibly even this diehard fan.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Oct 13 2011, 03:24 PM)
No, thank you. That would eat up close to 30 minutes of their show, or roughly one-sixth to one-fifth of it. It's a huge chunk of time to devote to the Fear Series; time that could be better used on stronger tracks. Besides, I've already seen parts 1-3 played live (GUP tour), in a row, and seen "Witch Hunt" a few other times since, alone.

I think a half-hour of "Fear" would put the more casual fans to sleep, and possibly even this diehard fan.

I pretty much agree. There are much better Rush songs I would want to hear in concert.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Oct 13 2011, 08:57 AM)
QUOTE (apetersvt @ Oct 13 2011, 07:46 AM)
I could "take it or leave it".  It would definately be cool, but there are a lot of other songs that I'd rather hear.

yes.gif

goodpost.gif

There are just so many songs I want to hear! yes.gif

That sounds incredibly bland. They are good songs but I find that The Weapon and Witch Hunt are massive energy suckers, that's generally bad for a concert. Witch Hunt worked well on MP because it calmed the audience down a little after YYZ and TCE, so it fit nicely. Have two of those energy sucking songs (don't forget how much longer The Weapon is) would be a catastrophe.

Besides, there are a lot of other songs that I would want to hear first. Besides, we heard part III during this tour. I say bring out 2112 in full instead!

QUOTE (USB Connector @ Oct 13 2011, 06:29 PM)
That sounds incredibly bland. They are good songs but I find that The Weapon and Witch Hunt are massive energy suckers, that's generally bad for a concert. Witch Hunt worked well on MP because it calmed the audience down a little after YYZ and TCE, so it fit nicely. Have two of those energy sucking songs (don't forget how much longer The Weapon is) would be a catastrophe.

Besides, there are a lot of other songs that I would want to hear first. Besides, we heard part III during this tour. I say bring out 2112 in full instead!

Agreed. I wouldn't mind The Weapon being in the set, but back to back with Witch Hunt (which I find to be quite boring, as I've said elsewhere recently, I think) would be a train wreck.

A half hour is a long piece? Seriously??

I think Rush should do a tour of smaller venues, and they should play some of their deeper cuts and longer tracks. Sell to the hardcore fans: screw the 'casual' fans. I'd pay up for it, $100 would be well worth it to see Rush play somewhere like the Minneapolis 1st Ave nightclub.

I voted "would be pretty cool," but I'm actually a touch less enthusiastic than that, because though I'd love to hear The Weapon, The Enemy Within and Freeze, I've really kinda had enough of Witch Hunt by now.

While I voted an emphatic "yes," I think it's mostly because of my incredible itch to hear The Enemy Within live. I don't particularly care to hear Witch Hunt again, and I really don't have a huge fondness to hear Freeze. The Weapon, however, would be awesome. Maybe just parts I and II for the tour smile.gif