Led Skynyrd V. Lynyrd Zeppelin!

RUSHHEAD666

Which Epic Overplayed Song Are You Sick Of Hearing On The Radio?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Epic Overplayed Song Are You Sick Of Hearing On The Radio?

• "Freebird" By Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • "Stairway To Heaven" By Led Zeppelin
    • I Will Love Both Of These Songs Until The Day I Die!

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 27 2011, 09:26 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 27 2011, 08:07 AM)
I haven't listened reguarly to classic rock radio in over a decade. So i'm not sick of either one. I still like both songs but Stairway kicks Freebird's ass laugh.gif

I wish I could say that, but there are only three radio stations in Houston that are worth a damn and two of them are classic rock. I drive just enough to care about having something to listen to in the car but not enough to justify paying for satellite radio, so three's what I have to deal with sad.gif

So you can't buy a wire to hook up an iPOD or install a CD player or in your car? It's honestly not that hard to avoid listening to the radio in your vehicle nowadays.

I'm with Sully Sue I voted wrong! Honestly, I hear Stairway more than Freebird but I never tire of listening to Stairway to Heaven so I would have to go with... love them both!

I haven't played or listened to either song

on the radio in a quite few years. I try to play

more obscure lesser known song's from

Skynyrd and the Zep. Radio hits draw you in,

but the REAL great song's are the one's not played

much on the radio, imo.

Both song's are very melodic in structure, and extremely

well written both, musically and lyrically. I voted STH ,

because it became overkill on the radio.I would hear the first

5 notes to STH,and I'd change the station..(and this was in

late 70/early 80's) didn't do that with FB.( I'm a distant cousin

to Ronnie and Johnny Van Zant-been a Skynyrd

fan for yrs and yrs.) Plus, when you take in consideration

the history of the band, FB was very prophetic, in lyrical form.

Gotta go with FB, over Zep's signature tune.

Excellent thread!

Edited by go2wrk@95974

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 27 2011, 08:57 AM)
I haven't listened reguarly to classic rock radio in over a decade. So i'm not sick of either one. I still like both songs but Stairway kicks Freebird's ass laugh.gif

I wish I could say that, but there are only three radio stations in Houston that are worth a damn and two of them are classic rock. I drive just enough to care about having something to listen to in the car but not enough to justify paying for satellite radio, so three's what I have to deal with sad.gif

So you can't buy a wire to hook up an iPOD or install a CD player or in your car? It's honestly not that hard to avoid listening to the radio in your vehicle nowadays.

Oh of course - and it's super easy and I've done it in the past. But as of right this second, I would need to spend money and time because I lost my FM transmitter for my iPhone and replacing the stereo completely isn't in my budget (my factory stereo has a CD player but no AUX jack for direct wiring the iPhone).

I boxed up my CDs in favor of computer audio a couple of years ago, but I guess I could dig a few out to keep in the car...

It's not a huge deal, really - just a minor lament/complaint that Houston radio sucks these days fists crying.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (danielmclark @ Aug 27 2011, 11:43 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Aug 27 2011, 08:57 AM)

Oh of course - and it's super easy and I've done it in the past. But as of right this second, I would need to spend money and time because I lost my FM transmitter for my iPhone and replacing the stereo completely isn't in my budget (my factory stereo has a CD player but no AUX jack for direct wiring the iPhone).

I boxed up my CDs in favor of computer audio a couple of years ago, but I guess I could dig a few out to keep in the car...

It's not a huge deal, really - just a minor lament/complaint that Houston radio sucks these days fists crying.gif laugh.gif

In my car I got a wire that plugs into the cigarette lighter and the other end plugs into my iPOD. No AUX outlet is needed. Those coverters are not expensive at all.

Freebird. I'm sick of hearing that super long solo. It was cool the first few times but now it's sounding more and more like a jam session mash up.

QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 27 2011, 12:03 AM)
Stairway all the way, Earl.

Stairway to Heaven is a beautifully put together song from beginning to end. Freebird is a good song. But, it's more of an extended jam.

Exactly. 'Stairway' is thoroughly deserving of all the acclaim it's received over the years.

I vote 'Freebird'.

QUOTE (Silas Lang @ Aug 29 2011, 01:11 AM)
QUOTE (sullysue @ Aug 27 2011, 12:03 AM)
Stairway all the way, Earl.

Stairway to Heaven is a beautifully put together song from beginning to end. Freebird is a good song. But, it's more of an extended jam.

Exactly. 'Stairway' is thoroughly deserving of all the acclaim it's received over the years.

I vote 'Freebird'.

yes.gif

QUOTE (Bastille Dave @ Aug 27 2011, 02:23 AM)
I'm sick to death of them both but I voted "love em both til the day I die" because I do. I grew up on these songs back before they were considered "classic rock" and they are both incredible.

signed,

Bonzo and Ronnie

yes.gif

This sums it up for me too. I even saw both songs performed live by the original bands. Both blew me the fukk away. 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Edited by driventotheedge

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Jan 27 2012, 02:50 AM)
Hairway to Steven for me! Freebird bores the tits off me.

Is this the new Pete Townshend Thread?

laugh.gif

Just kidding!!

I can't take it!!

Pete is THE MAN!

Fukk The Haters! Fukk "FREEBIRD!"

Cheers mate! I am off to bed.

Can't wait to meet you someday.

Rory Gallagher!!

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

Radio ruined Stairway for me. Radio also made Stairway the most overplayed song ever imo. Not even close to being their best song .