Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes

The Big Money

http://www.mediamarketjournal.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/rise-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-200x150.jpg

This movie looks pretty good even though it seems like it might be like the 2001 film. The other ones were good, even though the original one was a bit cheesy looking. I'm going to see it this Saturday. Anybody else here seen/ want to see it?

The original film, with Charlton Heston, was not cheesy. It was ahead of its time. Good satire, award-winning makeup , and a massively poignant ending. The sequels, however, were mostly pretty bad. The remake totally stunk, IMO.

I've read good reviews of Rise. It's supposed to be quite violent, so it's not for little kids. I plan on seeing it.... smile.gif

I Thought it was a little better than "ok." I was entertained and interested. It's worth a trip to the movies, but I enjoyed Cowboys vs. Aliens and C America more.

QUOTE (Workaholic Man @ Aug 11 2011, 09:59 AM)
The original film, with Charlton Heston, was not cheesy. It was ahead of its time. Good satire, award-winning makeup , and a massively poignant ending. The sequels, however, were mostly pretty bad. The remake totally stunk, IMO.

I've read good reviews of Rise. It's supposed to be quite violent, so it's not for little kids. I plan on seeing it.... smile.gif

The original film, with Charlton Heston, was not cheesy.  It was ahead of its time.  Good satire, award-winning makeup , and a massively poignant ending.  The sequels, however, were mostly pretty bad.  The remake totally stunk, IMO. 

Damn right! In fact the original had what is quite possibly the greatest twist ending in the history of Hollywood!

The originals are where it's at.

This new film, like the Tim Burton one, is just curiosity. And it's only a curiosity because of the originals. It'll be forgotten in a year or two.

Maybe I'll watch it in a year or two, when everyone's forgotten it, see what's what...

trink36.gif

QUOTE (Babycat @ Aug 16 2011, 06:15 AM)
The only thing I know about this new version is that it has Andy Serkis (LOTR) and Tom Felton (Draco from Harry Potter) in it. Or have I read that wrong?

yes.gif

You are correct, they are both in the movie.

I found this movie to be a lot better than I expected. Way, way better than the 2001 Tim Burton remake. This was more of a prequel/reboot. Yes, the apes are all CGI'd, but that didn't bother me, I thought they were fairly realistic. I thought the movie was very good.