Neil to be on Letterman..

liddybuck01

QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 10 2011, 12:37 AM)
Viva Neil. Awesome.

He did good! I didn't get to see this tour so that was the first time I saw that solo. I liked it better than the S&A one.

Yeah, the shampoo joke was lame -- the announcer guy bit was the best part of it.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The greatest drummer in Rock n Roll" David Letterman.

Great to see Neil performing on national TV. Loved the solo

NeilFinal.gif

Lame shampoo joke was lame.

Loved Neil Patrick Harris. (Squee!)

Loved that guy who was on at the end before Neil. (Lol! Love those cell phone help-lines, I was dying with laughter.)

Oh and that drummer guy was pretty cool too. wink.gif

First time I noticed the "One - two - three - four!" part, or was I seeing things?

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Jun 10 2011, 12:40 AM)
QUOTE (lerxt1990 @ Jun 10 2011, 12:37 AM)
Viva Neil.  Awesome.

He did good! I didn't get to see this tour so that was the first time I saw that solo. I liked it better than the S&A one.

Yeah, the shampoo joke was lame -- the announcer guy bit was the best part of it.

Well, the shampoo joke is really old for most of us. I guess Dave's writers aren't as hardcore?

Did anyone else notice that Pratt got the most enthusiastic cheering when Dave made the introduction? biggrin.gif

Miss that monstrous bass drum sound you get at live shows but I was thrilled for Neil getting that much air time with the solo AND the shampoo. I used to make that shampoo joke in the 80's or whatever. I used to sing" watch him go"....Neil Pert instead of wash and go with Pert. OK... you get the idea. We have all probably made that connection before:)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Jun 10 2011, 12:44 AM)
Loved that guy who was on at the end before Neil. (Lol! Love those cell phone help-lines, I was dying with laughter.)

First time I noticed the "One - two - three - four!" part, or was I seeing things?

Agreed. It was good, as expected.

And you weren't seeing things when Neil was counting.

Arrrrrrgh!

I set the DVR, and was going to watch it live at the same time as taping it, but...

Bad weather moved through tonight, and my DirecTV signal was very very choppy. It kept cutting out and back in, mostly OUT.

I'm pissed!!! Need to wait for the whole thing to get posted online.

Loved seeing Neil tonight! I was able to get off work in time to go over to my 72 year old mothers place and enjoy it with her. She loved it and commented that it seemed to her more a "spectacle" than a drum solo. She was impressed I could tell. My mom is from a railroad family and loved the train whistle very much. I was able to remind her that I'm a drummer because of her and my late fathers support and sharing that with her tonight was very special! Thanks Neil.

We West Coasters have to wait. I am on pins and needles!

Can't wait! I'm taping it too so I can watch it over and over again.

I have alerted all of my friends including my mom and dad who are in Maui right now. Must be nice.

My parents have seen Rush three times thanks to me.

They are in their 70's.

Wish I could have seen Rush in the 70's.

2.gif ON!

That was great! I was smiling through the whole thing!!! However, WTF happened to the writing on that show????

QUOTE (umoveme @ Jun 10 2011, 03:06 AM)
That was great! I was smiling through the whole thing!!! However, WTF happened to the writing on that show????

A week's worth of opening monologues have got me asking the same thing. Lame and obvious joke --> perfunctory laughter and applause --> lame and obvious joke --> perfunctory laughter and applause --> lame and obvious joke --> perfunctory laughter and applause --> lame Paul Schaffer comment --> and so on.

QUOTE (Sgt.D @ Jun 10 2011, 02:36 AM)
Loved seeing Neil tonight! I was able to get off work in time to go over to my 72 year old mothers place and enjoy it with her. She loved it and commented that it seemed to her more a "spectacle" than a drum solo. She was impressed I could tell. My mom is from a railroad family and loved the train whistle very much. I was able to remind her that I'm a drummer because of her and my late fathers support and sharing that with her tonight was very special! Thanks Neil.

thank you, what a wonderful story. I only wish I could say that.

and for you hey what's goin on besides a drum solo people like

he's pluggin something

will it be taped

yadda yadda yadda

Like the kid from the Simpson's

HAH hah!

And with but 4 minutes, he doesn't have a full 15 min or so to showcase his new n every move, BUT

He sure the hell laid down some awfully good riffs in the 4 he was allotted!

You go bro!

Cool. Glad to see Neil did it in the studio. I thought he would have had it filmed at a concert and then sent over, or done it in a simoulcast way. Good for him.

Doing it on late night TV. I'll bet he felt like the drummer he never saw live: Buddy Rich. Now only if he would have done an interview like Rich always did with Johnny Carson.

I noticed that too.

Loved seeing him on TV...smiled the whole time and just gave me chills.

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jun 10 2011, 05:06 AM)
I know Neil's solo was taped earlier this week, but they really make it look "live". Dave had the same suit and tie on during the whole show that he had on when he shook Neil's hand.

yes.gif

He's on his way to Nawlins right now. It would have been nearly impossible for him to have been in NYC last night.

Oh, and I think he did a fantastic job. I saw him count, too. Making sure he'd be on beat with the swing music. He might do that all the time but we just never see it confused13.gif

QUOTE (GernTheFish @ Jun 10 2011, 07:06 AM)
I know Neil's solo was taped earlier this week, but they really make it look "live".  Dave had the same suit and tie on during the whole show that he had on when he shook Neil's hand.

My understanding is the whole show was taped on Monday, not just Neil's bit. They taped 2 complete shows on Monday (Monday's show and last night's show).

QUOTE (teababe27 @ Jun 10 2011, 12:43 AM)

Agreed. It was good, as expected.

And you weren't seeing things when Neil was counting.

I think Neil always does a "count down" leading into the Love For Sale portion of his solo. I noticed it when I saw them in Chicago and have seen it in several of the drum solo youtube vids.

I forgot to set my DVR. angry.gif Funny how much stuff slips your mind when you have three little ones at home. doh.gif