• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Office (US)

Parks And Recreation

30 Rock

Arrested Development

Seinfeld

Anyone who doesn't think Seinfeld ranks in the top 5 comedies of all time needs to have an opinion lobotomy. biggrin.gif I'm just going to throw that out there right now before this thing gets into full swing. No offense, but I don't TRUST anyone who thinks Seinfeld was lame. Edited by Presto-digitation

QUOTE (Presto-digitation @ May 25 2011, 07:58 PM)
Anyone who doesn't think Seinfeld ranks in the top 5 comedies of all time needs to have an opinion lobotomy. biggrin.gif I'm just going to throw that out there right now before this thing gets into full swing. No offense, but I don't TRUST anyone who thinks Seinfeld was lame.

I think the last 3 seasons or so were terrible! The show basically became a gimmick show and not a very good one.

The middle seasons, though, absolute comedy brilliance. No TV sitcom is better than the best Seinfeld.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 25 2011, 07:05 PM)
Anyone who doesn't think Seinfeld ranks in the top 5 comedies of all time needs to have an opinion lobotomy.  biggrin.gif  I'm just going to throw that out there right now before this thing gets into full swing.  No offense, but I don't TRUST anyone who thinks Seinfeld was lame.

I think the last 3 seasons or so were terrible! The show basically became a gimmick show and not a very good one.

The middle seasons, though, absolute comedy brilliance. No TV sitcom is better than the best Seinfeld.

There probably isn't a more quoted or iconic television show in the history of television, comedy or drama, than Seinfeld. It's one of the very rare shows with a pop culture identity all its own. You can name any example and I'd argue Seinfeld deserves mention right along side them...no matter how treasured.

Was it always perfect? No. I found the earliest episodes lacking as well.

It's like Prince. The man's a genius and has made some unforgetable tunes on some unforgetable albums. Price of that genius is sometimes reaching for things that don't pan out either.

If I were to go for consistency in a comedy, it just might be Frasier. I know that's not likely to be a popular choice here, but I loved the writing on that show. Just my opinion. That would make my top five. Will & Grace was very sharply written too, although I didn't follow that show quite as much as Frasier or Seinfeld.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ May 25 2011, 07:05 PM)
Anyone who doesn't think Seinfeld ranks in the top 5 comedies of all time needs to have an opinion lobotomy.  biggrin.gif  I'm just going to throw that out there right now before this thing gets into full swing.  No offense, but I don't TRUST anyone who thinks Seinfeld was lame.

Glad to see someone else thinks the last few seasons were cr@p. Season four was the best all time for any comedy.

All In The Family

M*A*S*H

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Laugh-In

Seinfeld

IMO, All In The Family is the Ultimate Sitcom. Nothing else comes close - not The Honeymooners, not I Love Lucy, not Friends or Seinfeld, NOTHING..... That show was so ahead of its time, so ground-breaking, so freeking brilliant.....it could be silly one week and super serious the next.......it could even make an episode about sexual assault funny.

And it would never be allowed in today's sitcom lineup, because TV is ruled by cowardly, spineless, politically correct corporate execs..... 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 25 2011, 06:59 PM)
Roseanne...

new favorites...

Parks and Recreation
Modern Family

I loved Roseanne. It really was a fantastic show....until the last season.

I had really enjoyed the Conner Family, until Roseanne decided to take a public dump on the whole thing, and end it in such craptacular fashion.

As for your current shows, I agree. They're both hilarious.

Parks and Recreation is the home of Ron Swanson. Seriously, the World's Greatest Man.

Ron Swanson is probably the greatest character ever created. also, Phil Dunphy is becoming my all time favorite tv dad.

yeah, i didn't watch Roseanne when it was on, but i agree the last season is a little weird. but you have to admit, the end was kind of interesting.

Edited by liddybuck01

Happy Days

Welcome Back Kotter

The Wonder Years

Seinfeld

How I met your Mother

Honerable Mention:

Still Standing ( Jamie Gertz....YUM! applaudit.gif )

Reba

Roseanne

Two and a Half Men...yup that's right!!! You know you've watched it. Jake totally makes that show!

Modern Family

Edited by rushfanNlv

Can't believe nobody mentioned...

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e71/Terry_TszYau1/others/married_w_children.jpg

CLASSIC sitcom! yes.gif

Edited by ALifeson85

For television shows?

As it turns out, I prefer Sit-Coms over other programming.

In order of run dates:

Soap

Cheers

Seinfeld

How I Met Your Mother

Big Bang Theory

No CHEERS?!!! ohmy.gif

That show was good from its 1st episode to the satisfying series finale. Imho, that can't be said of Seinfeld or All in the Family, 2 shows that'd also be in my top 5. The Wonder Years would also crack the top 5. Thinking of one more show...hmm...

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ May 25 2011, 11:32 PM)
QUOTE (liddybuck01 @ May 25 2011, 08:03 PM)
Ron Swanson is probably the greatest character ever created.

was the funniest shit ever. i want the poster of this.

also...

http://www.nbc.com/parks-and-recreation/ex...ng-animated.gif

The Definitives:

Trailer Park Boys

Arrested Development

Newsradio

The Simpsons (seasons 3-10)

Frasier

Honorable mentions:

South Park (seasons 4+)

Married With Children

The Red Green Show

Rocko's Modern Life (seriously funny show, despite being for kids)

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Futurama

Kids in the Hall

The Daily Show (Jon Stewart is genius. A pin head, sure. But a genius too.)

Rookie of the year:

Svetlana

Sport Show w/Norm MacDonald

Edited by KenJennings