When you wear your RUSH gear, do you get comments?

osage2112

What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?

• > 75 %
    • 60%
    • 50 %
    • 40 %
    • 30 %
    • < 20 %

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tommy Sawyer @ Jul 25 2011, 09:15 AM)
In public, almost no comments.

Among friends who know I like Rush, my shirts get noticed quite often.

Pretty much the same with me...occasionally I get the comment from some nobody (who usually would comment on my Maiden tees also) who says "Nice shirt" or "Rush rules".

When it comes to my friends, they see a Rush shirt, they think it's me and usually they're right.

If i am at a place where musicians are, the probability of getting a compliment increases dramatically. Almost certainly. If I am out in public and not surrounded by musician (or drummers) it's only a 50% chance from my experience...

I know, I never shut up in this thread tongue.gif But I have a funny story...I've been wearing my baseball jersey quite a bit lately, getting lots of questions about who it refers to. The funniest came from my boyfriend's aunt who is well into her 80's. I told her it was a rock band. "Local?" she asks. "No, from Toronto, but they tour all over the world", I tell her. "Oh, so they're well-known", she says. "Yes". "Well, I'll have to listen to them!" I can't wait for the chance to play her some Rush...now should I start with the softer stuff, or go right to something more lively? Hmmm biggrin.gif

Not so many comments directly to me. But I occasionally hear people who know me well muttering to people who don't "No, no, don't ask him about the Rush shirt. He won't shut up if you do."

QUOTE (Merely Space @ Oct 4 2011, 01:31 PM)
Not so many comments directly to me. But I occasionally hear people who know me well muttering to people who don't "No, no, don't ask him about the Rush shirt. He won't shut up if you do."

hahahaahahaha rofl3.gif

QUOTE (FeelingUnlimited @ Oct 4 2011, 04:15 PM)
I'm in college, and the other day a girl saw my Time Machine shirt and asked me if I was rushing in a fraternity. A lot of kids wear shirts that say "Rush" and then the name of the frat. At first I'd perk up when I saw them, but now I'm used to it.

LOL

LOLOLOL

Omigosh, back at the beginning of the school year when a whole ton of people were rushing for the Greek houses, I saw all these people wearing shirts that said "RUSH" on them, and I would get really excited, until I realized they were just for Kappa Delta, Tri-Del, Omega Psi Phi, etc. Kind of disappointing but I found it really funny. They probably didn't get why this weird girl kept giggling insanely as she passed by them on her bike. |3

I get more comments when i wear my Rush shirt other than my Rush hoodie.. Barely any since the area i live in is full of uncultured bastards. eyesre4.gif

Once some guy working in a clothes shop walked past me and went: "I love Rush!" cool.gif

And this guy at 6th form collage spoke to me in lesson and was like, "Rush are awesome!" then asked to work with me. laugh.gif

2.gif

I remember I never used to get comments, and then I bought this awesome Rush hoodie from Rock of America, which only has two stores, both in Illinois, but the hoodie just awesome, the classic naked man against the pentagram or whatever you want to call it (aren't pentagrams upside down?) Anyway, within an hour of buying it and putting it on (come on, who wouldn't want to wear it right away?) I got comments and compliments from everyone, and it hasn't ceased since, which is why I also deem it a lucky hoodie xD

Got the ultimate comment on my black Rush hoodie last night - had it stolen by the waitress (or at least the staff) of a Chinese buffet we went to last night. I ordered another one (had to go to Ebay as the store no longer has them), but I'll forever feel horrible not knowing the fate of my old one... sad.gif Edited by 1 of the 7

from time to time i get compliments

usually if you are in a more redneck area or a very hipster area you dont get many compliments

i have shirts of hip bands like dinosaur jr and the minutemen but i love wearing rush shirts to places where hipsters congregate cause they are all robert christgau wannabes who hate rush

Got a great comment at BW3s tonight at dinner. Someone who worked there (the manager?) came over because he thought I was "too young" to like Rush. We had a short discussion about the special he saw on VH1. Little did he know... biggrin.gif. Made me feel great!

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 3 2011, 09:57 AM)
I know, I never shut up in this thread tongue.gif But I have a funny story...I've been wearing my baseball jersey quite a bit lately, getting lots of questions about who it refers to. The funniest came from my boyfriend's aunt who is well into her 80's. I told her it was a rock band. "Local?" she asks. "No, from Toronto, but they tour all over the world", I tell her. "Oh, so they're well-known", she says. "Yes". "Well, I'll have to listen to them!" I can't wait for the chance to play her some Rush...now should I start with the softer stuff, or go right to something more lively? Hmmm biggrin.gif

Without a doubt in my mind, FINDING MY WAY for your bf's 80+ year old aunt. 1022.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Oct 10 2011, 02:50 AM)
QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Oct 3 2011, 09:57 AM)

Without a doubt in my mind, FINDING MY WAY for your bf's 80+ year old aunt. 1022.gif

You're too funny! So are the mental pictures I'm getting laugh.gif

Most of the time I get comments. Since I own over 20 Rush-related shirts and have a sweet-ass collection of Rush paraphernalia (and am a 23-year-old young woman- not a typical Rush freak), I get a lot of stares/conversation starters/compliments.

Coming home from the Gorge in the SeaTac airport, I got a compliment from some random fellow traveler because I was carrying the new Rush tote that rushchick10 got me for a late birthday present biggrin.gif

Also at my job I am required to wear T-shirts/jeans/sneakers so obviously my Rush shirts are in full rotation. Almost day I get comments and questions. My Starman water bottle is always at my side as well 653.gif

QUOTE (Kozmo4Rush @ Sep 10 2011, 10:11 AM)
This is the shirt I get the most comments and thumbs-up from:

http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g11/Kozmo4Rush/100_5920-1.jpg

CHROMEY!!! Dean gave me one of those shirts.

1022.gif 1022.gif 1022.gif

I don't have any Rush shirts, but I usually wear band shirts all the time. The only time anybody talked about it was when someone said, "Do you like Rush" "yeah" "Ok". Or when someone pointed out that that Buddy Guy on my shirt smiling looked way too happy