When you wear your RUSH gear, do you get comments?

osage2112

What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?

• > 75 %
    • 60%
    • 50 %
    • 40 %
    • 30 %
    • < 20 %

I had this shirt from a concert I went to in the semi tour of the hemishpere - 1979 - blue glitter on back with the starman - cool shirt - i was in Target and this worker there came up to me and said - did you see them back then!? I smiled. I also went to a Dream Theatre concert wearing another Rush shirt from another concert during that tour = black with the starman on front but with the coloring chaning from bright orange to deep red, very cool shirt - and got lots of "cool shirt, man!" smile.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The produce guy at Fred Meyers always has a comment when he sees me in Rush gear.

QUOTE (GeddyRulz @ Mar 1 2011, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (Tarkus406 @ Mar 1 2011, 06:29 PM)
I'm surprised I haven't gotten any more comments on having YY-ZED plates on the car. Ah well.

I was going to bring this up in connection with this thread, and now you've given me an opening...

I used to have Rush vanity plates, but I didn't re-new them. Can you guess why? In three years, I got about four comments on them and just two of those comments were from "strangers." Not much attention/comments in all those years, so what's the point?

Well, I didn't get the plates specifically for comments. I got them because I like em, and when I move, I'm gettin em again 1022.gif

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 1 2011, 10:42 AM)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/TheJacket.jpg

^^This is the crowning jewel of my Rush gear. It usually stays in the closet, safely protected - I'll only take it out for Rush shows usually. But I've shown it to some friends of mine who are ultimate ball-busters and this jacket has landed me some fierce (but funny) ridicule. Oh well.

I'm sorry, but I'd probably have joined in. LEDs? Really? rofl3.gif

QUOTE (StellarJetman @ Mar 6 2011, 06:58 PM)
I'm sorry, but I'd probably have joined in.  LEDs?  Really?  rofl3.gif

I don't think they're LED's...the blue ones are rhinestones, and the ones on the star are shiny metal studs. Correct me if I'm wrong, Pags...

Though you do realize you've probably given someone an idea with the LED's? cool.gif

Edited by 1 of the 7

I just got the BTLS tee and the baseball shirt last week, and was wearing the baseball shirt in Lowe's when the clerk said, "Get in the front row yet?" I told him no, 17th was the best so far. He told me how he got front-row tix for the Dave Matthews Band for $450 not long before they announced they were taking a year off touring, and the prices shot up. He told me he wants to go see Rush because he's heard so much about how awesome Neil "Pert" is. I told him he should definitely go, that they're worth the price you pay and give you a nice long show new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Yes, I should be saving money for tix next year instead of buying more Rush goodies, but moments like this make it worth it!

Edit: The same day, one of my visiting Norwegian relatives was admiring my shirt. I told him that Rush was a rock band from Toronto, but he was either confused or making a joke, because he said, "Rush? Like, Russia? Balalaika music?" laugh.gif Now, the mental pic of Alex playing the balalaika IS pretty funny! Maybe RASH could try it! In all seriousness, he was impressed that they've been around since 1974 (the shirt has the year on it). I'm going to bring a compilation album when I see him again on Wednesday and give him a proper introduction.

Edited by 1 of the 7

Not so many reactions to my normal Rush tour Tees

Although the Nebbish Guinness T-Shirt has been getting some attention but i think its because people at first glance think its just a Guinness T-Shirt but then they realise it isnt and have to start reading it!!

As for the GeFilter Tshirt- Nothing!!

I suppose you would really have to know about that one though

trink38.gif

I always get comments when I wear my '1983 European Tour' shirt. At the Dublin show a guy came and asked if he can take a photo of the shirt.

QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 3 2011, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 1 2011, 11:07 AM)
The only time I ever got a comment was the one time I wore my Moving Pictures shirt from the new tour out in public. The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

facepalm.gif

I haven't got any comments yet. I have Rush shoelaces on my walking shoes that I wear everyday but... nothin'.

Tell folks to look at your Rush shoelaces as you drop-kick them. common001.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Jul 25 2011, 04:54 AM)
QUOTE (HowItIs @ Mar 3 2011, 06:12 PM)
QUOTE (usb_connector @ Mar 1 2011, 11:07 AM)
The only time I ever got a comment was the one time I wore my Moving Pictures shirt from the new tour out in public. The comment I got was from one of the professors concerning the starman emblem. He said something like "I don't think expressing a belief in Satan is appropriate for a university student."

facepalm.gif

I haven't got any comments yet. I have Rush shoelaces on my walking shoes that I wear everyday but... nothin'.

Tell folks to look at your Rush shoelaces as you drop-kick them. common001.gif

rofl3.gif

I'll keep that in mind laugh.gif

My Hubby wore his T4E shirt to Harry Potter last weekend and got a "love your shirt" comment.

I only have a vintage hemispheres shirt. Never been big on collecting gear for any bands I like. I dont wear it too much, but I dont recall anyone ever saying anything.

If I wear it out its usually to some of the local bars that attract younger crowds. I dont think most of them even know who they are, or have heard of them but arent fans.

I think if I wore it to a bar that attracts an older crowd then by now someone would have said something to me.

In public, almost no comments.

Among friends who know I like Rush, my shirts get noticed quite often.

One time, somebody said to me, 'Nice Time Machine shirt!' smile.gif

Then he asked who/what Rush is. facepalm.gif

Edited by Tommy Sawyer

I was wearing an old Power Windows shirt last week to work on our casual Friday. The cook in the cafeteria pointed to my shirt and gave me a thumbs up. I said "oh, you like them?" and he told me that he and his wife are in band (even played at Summerfest this year) and they have played Time Stand Still every once in a while.

WOW...I'd take that as an insult, if someone

asked if RUSH 2.gif were a band...That's just unbelievable. unsure.gif confused13.gif rage.gif

(Have a few other choice words to say..but I'll refrain...) 1287.gif dazed025.gif new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

I get 1 of 2 things. Great drummer or are they still together?

QUOTE (Storm Shadow @ Jul 25 2011, 03:02 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 25 2011, 03:52 PM)
I get 1 of 2 things.  Great drummer or are they still together?

This exactly.

LOL - I was wearing my Time Machine shirt to work quite a few months ago and this lady asked me what year the shirt was from - when I told her "this year" she was shocked.

Only once, my teacher pointed out my 2112 shirt. But I started cheering ( cheer.gif ) at a guy I saw wearing a 2.gif shirt walking down the street, from the back seat of a car once. I probably freaked the crap out of him; But I seldom see people in Rush shirts so I think I was justified.