When you wear your RUSH gear, do you get comments?

osage2112

What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. What percentage of the time do you get comments when you wear your RUSH gear in public?

• > 75 %
    • 60%
    • 50 %
    • 40 %
    • 30 %
    • < 20 %

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (go2wrk@95974 @ Jul 25 2011, 10:53 AM)
WOW...I'd take that as an insult, if someone
asked if RUSH 2.gif  were a band...That's just unbelievable. unsure.gif  confused13.gif  rage.gif

(Have a few other choice words to say..but I'll refrain...) 1287.gif  dazed025.gif  new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Its been over 30 years since they were commercially popular. Uh, thats kind of a long time. There is not that many people under 30 that know that Rush is a band. They werent even born yet when this band was at their peak of popularity. Think about that. They arent a household name like U2 is, not even close.

Even Geddy thinks they are still an underground band and they kind of are.

Edited by trenken

QUOTE (metaldad @ Jul 25 2011, 03:52 PM)
I get 1 of 2 things.  Great drummer or are they still together?

A day after one of my S&A Rush shows, a cop pulled me over for speeding. He saw my Rush shirt, and asked me if they were still together. I was all yes officer, just saw them last night! We talked a little Rush, and he knocked my speed down so it was no points, just a fine. cool.gif

Oh, and back on point, when I'm wearing, it's probably less than 25% recognition. Not often. I think normally it's only Rush fans who notice other Rush fans. We're attuned to it. Like seeing 2112 somewhere- not a one gets by me. biggrin.gif

Honestly, I wear my Rush shirt decently often and have gotten about 4 comments over the past 5 years lol so very rarely! But, whenever I see someone wearing a Rush shirt I comment just cause if you love Rush were already friends laugh.gif

When I wear a Rush shirt out in public, I usually get a comment on it. Like when I wore my Time Machine tour shirt out at a restaurant, someone came up to me and asked me where I saw them, how many times, etc. I have never got a negative comment on my Rush gear. And if I see someone with Rush gear on I'll comment on it.

QUOTE (osage2112 @ Mar 1 2011, 12:14 PM)
QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 1 2011, 11:42 AM)
I own some Rush T's that I wear to my bowling league, and it always gets a positive response.  Always. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/TheJacket.jpg

^^This is the crowning jewel of my Rush gear.  It usually stays in the closet, safely protected - I'll only take it out for Rush shows usually.  But I've shown it to some friends of mine who are ultimate ball-busters and this jacket has landed me some fierce (but funny) ridicule.  Oh well.

STEPPIN' OUT!!! 1022.gif

Thats awesome

QUOTE (Pags @ Mar 2 2011, 01:42 AM)
I own some Rush T's that I wear to my bowling league, and it always gets a positive response.  Always. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v502/paganoman/TheJacket.jpg

^^This is the crowning jewel of my Rush gear.  It usually stays in the closet, safely protected - I'll only take it out for Rush shows usually.  But I've shown it to some friends of mine who are ultimate ball-busters and this jacket has landed me some fierce (but funny) ridicule.  Oh well.

http://www.flamencoshop.com/bullfight/images/trajedeluces/CORINTOsuitofLightsPADILLA.jpg

Viva la Rush! Ole!

tongue.gif

trink38.gif

Cross-posting from the "made my day" thread:

I wore my Rush baseball shirt when my mom and I went out for lunch today. The host that seated us asked, "Now is that Rush the band, or..." "Yes", I interrupted. "Because it didn't think it was Rush Limbaugh", he continued. I must not look like a Limbaugh fan laugh.gif

I was buying some shoes at Payless and got into a conversation with the manager about my RUSH button. new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif We both agreed that Geddy is pretty much the coolest bassist ever. |3

So, the State Fair has been a treasure trove of Rush shirts! Friday night was Three Dog Night, and I wore my BTLS tee. Walking in, I heard a voice say, "I love Rush"! "Awesome!", I said, and gave the guy a thumbs-up. Later, I walk past a guy with a Time Machine shirt on. "Cool shirt"! I say, pointing between our two shirts, but the guy looked at me funny and didn't say much. He either thought I was a creepy stalker of might have wondered why the shirt I was wearing wasn't one sold on the tour. Lastly, my boyfriend points out a guy wearing a Snakes & Arrows tee. I only saw the back of it, and wondered how he'd picked it out as a Rush shirt, but he said he'd seen that it said Rush on the front.

Sunday was a bust in the Irene rainstorm - wore my blue girly Trees tee, but with no one there and those that were in raincoats, it was a dud new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif Not only that, but I doubt too many K.C. and the Sunshine Band fans are into Rush!

Last night was better - I saw a guy in the repro Moving Pics tee from the Time Machine tour in the REO Speedwagon crowd. I wore the white baseball jersey, but not much said about that. People might not have known it was the band.

All in all, some good representation for the boys yes.gif

I get comments, usually "are they still around?"

My favorite one was: I was checking out at the grocery store, and a rather beautiful young lady was working. She saw my shirt and asked me if I was going to see the show that weekend. So, I sucked in my gut and straightened up a little bit, and said "Yes I am as a matter of fact."

She replied "Yeah, my dad is going. He loves them!"

doh.gif

QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Aug 31 2011, 10:05 PM)
My favorite one was: I was checking out at the grocery store, and a rather beautiful young lady was working. She saw my shirt and asked me if I was going to see the show that weekend. So, I sucked in my gut and straightened up a little bit, and said "Yes I am as a matter of fact."

doh.gif

Brilliant!!!!

laugh.gif

QUOTE (JohnnyBlaze @ Aug 31 2011, 06:17 AM)
QUOTE (Unattractive Truth @ Aug 31 2011, 10:05 PM)

doh.gif

Brilliant!!!!

laugh.gif

Yeah, one of those moments you realize that you're really old....

One last one from the State Fair, then I'm done for a while, I promise tongue.gif We were walking into a building a little before the Starship concert (which was the best of the four we saw, believe it or not), and a lady was walking out. She noticed my BTLS tee at the same time as I noticed she was wearing the blue girly Trees tee. We both broke out into huge smiles! So cool that the last shirt I saw was on a fellow Rushgirl We're not so rare 2.gif

QUOTE (1 of the 7 @ Sep 8 2011, 12:12 PM)
One last one from the State Fair, then I'm done for a while, I promise tongue.gif We were walking into a building a little before the Starship concert (which was the best of the four we saw, believe it or not), and a lady was walking out. She noticed my BTLS tee at the same time as I noticed she was wearing the blue girly Trees tee. We both broke out into huge smiles! So cool that the last shirt I saw was on a fellow Rushgirl We're not so rare 2.gif

No, you Rush girls are rare. What you experienced was an anomaly. ph34r.gif

I wear my Rush shirts (collect them...slight fetish) often out in public in the summer time. A few weeks ago I was picking up a quick meal in a mall food court while a 20 something old dude was in line with his friends...he had a roll the bones tee on! (I had a S&A shirt on). Struck up a quick convo with him....he said it was his Dad's shirt, but he was a fan also. ohmy.gif

Many other times I've gotten the "Duuuuuude, Rush ruuuuules!" reaction.

laugh.gif