Let's face it, this needs to happen

That One Guy

2112 in its Entirety on any upcoming tour?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 in its Entirety on any upcoming tour?

• Yes. Period.
    • No. I suck.
    • Maaybe. It is an old record.
    • Tuned down or arranged differently, perhaps.
    • Needs More Cowbell

2.gif

Everytime I do a full playthrough of 2112, I enjoy it a lot. All the songs weren't amazing, but the album as a whole feels just right and complete. Maybe they'd have to tune the whole album down, arrange differently or whatever, but this would be an amazingly stylish move by Rush, whether on a farewell tour or not, to bust out their other masterpiece live.

Discuss.

2.gif

I would love them to play 2112 (song) in its entirety but I don't think they will, at least not on the second leg of the Time Machine Tour. They probably won't play it on the Clockwork Angels tour either, especially if they have another epic song on the new album.

All that said, one of my all time favorite RUSH concert memories was the first "Evening with RUSH" when they played 2112 (song) in its entirety. What an awesome concert.

My favorite album of all the time and the one that introduced me to the band.I would LOVE to hear it all one more time live, but I doubt that will happen, with the amount of other songs to be played in their catalog.

Nah. they already did the song in its entirety on the TFE tour, and many of the songs, while I love them all, are not popular enough among the casual fan.

I frankly think that the whole album thing begins and ends with moving pictures this tour. In 2012 we're getting a proper new album tour, which some nice classic thrown in, just like S and A.

YES. (Song.)

...... Please no. (Album.)

"2112" is my favourite song, hands-down, even though there are several other songs that come close (but I guess not really when I think about it). I just love everything about "2112" and am so sad when they only play the first part. I want to scream, "That's only the beginning of the story!!!!"

I saw a bootleg once of "2112" live in its entirety.

I envied the cameraperson.

But I also kind of wanted to kill them because the video was about 90% Geddy, 10% Lerxst, and the camera occasionally passing by Neil when it got jostled. :|

It can't and won't happen. Have you heard Geddy's voice this tour at all? While by no means is it bad, you honestly think even with the songs tuned down that he'd be able to pull off the full album night after night for a full tour now? He's got a hard time even pulling off TOS now and even on CTTH he's not getting the higher notes. It's a cool idea but Geddy just won't be able to do it. That's why they only play a few songs from the 70s now.

As far as the song in full goes it's possible but I doubt that either. Besides I saw them play 2112 three times on the T4E tour so i'm good over here new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

I voted 'No. I suck' by the way laugh.gif

QUOTE (Cowtothesky @ Dec 14 2010, 08:17 AM)
I think they should open up the concert with the Discovery part of 2112.

That just side tracked me to a good idea. Close off the first set with Overture/Temples, intermission, and open the second set with Discovery/Presentation/Soliloquy/Grand Finale.

I see mixed reaction, no suprise. Yes, I did mean the whole album, but I do agree that since Rush is extended full MP into 2011, they'll probably be done with full albums after it. Oh well. If Rush is tired of playing some part of 2112 all tour every tour, one could only dream some of Hemispheres Book 2 would be played.

2.gif

Already saw it . Give me Hemi next

I think it may be possible, but, it is an older record.

And nice addition of the cowbell...Christopher Walken's a genius. tongue.gif

So, yes, it can be possible, but, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 15 2010, 11:22 AM)

Normally here's where I'd say something like, "How about us newbie fans who must keep the memory alive 60 years down the road?" but I really do like "Hemispheres". Admittedly, not as much as "2112", but it's a really, really neat song.

Show me another lyricist who can tie in Greek mythology to some guy coming out the other end of a black hole (or something to that effect) and I'll cease my obsession with both parts of Cygnus X-1. ;P

(That episode of Star Trek with Apollo-with-a-really-tiny-tunic does not count.)

QUOTE (CMWriter @ Dec 15 2010, 06:48 PM)
QUOTE (metaldad @ Dec 15 2010, 11:22 AM)

Normally here's where I'd say something like, "How about us newbie fans who must keep the memory alive 60 years down the road?" but I really do like "Hemispheres". Admittedly, not as much as "2112", but it's a really, really neat song.

Show me another lyricist who can tie in Greek mythology to some guy coming out the other end of a black hole (or something to that effect) and I'll cease my obsession with both parts of Cygnus X-1. ;P

(That episode of Star Trek with Apollo-with-a-really-tiny-tunic does not count.)

Edited for I completely misunderstood your post. I'm not real bright.

Archived