Let's face it, this needs to happen

That One Guy

2112 in its Entirety on any upcoming tour?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. 2112 in its Entirety on any upcoming tour?

• Yes. Period.
    • No. I suck.
    • Maaybe. It is an old record.
    • Tuned down or arranged differently, perhaps.
    • Needs More Cowbell

I think it would be Great if they did the 2112 Tour in 2012!

And they came out dressed in Kimonos/Robes!!! That would be AWESOME!!!! 2.gif

QUOTE (greg2112 @ Dec 14 2010, 06:37 AM)
Nah. they already did the song in its entirety on the TFE tour, and many of the songs, while I love them all, are not popular enough among the casual fan.

I frankly think that the whole album thing begins and ends with moving pictures this tour. In 2012 we're getting a proper new album tour, which some nice classic thrown in, just like S and A.

Many of the Snakes and Arrows songs weren't popular enough for the casual fan and look at how many they did. Same with Circumstances and Between The Wheels.

I'm all for this for sure!

There was no choice that best fit my position on the song. I was lucky enough to see it a couple of times back in 96 and 97 so I understand that it would be selfish of me to not want it played for the reason that I already saw it. That being said, I'm gonna go with no because of the arrangement aspect. I would love to see an instrumental medley of 2112, Fountain, and Hemispheres in the original key. Now I have seen both 2112 and parts of Hemispheres, but Hemi in its entirety would make my life complete. wish I could have seen them back in 79 or 80 but I was less than 10 years old. Right now I am listening to Hemispheres from a show from 80. They opened the show with a shorter 2112 which was fantastic too.

I agree with those on here who say no to 2112. They have already done it on the T4E tour and so why repeat it. However, I would LOVE to see them do Hemispheres; that would be epic. But in order to do it and make it sound at all decent, they'd have to tune it down. I saw some footage of them doing parts of Hemispheres I think in 1994 and Geddy could not hit the notes and it sounded terrible. Tune it down and let them rock it out says I!!

The song? Hell yeah, but I think it will need to be arranged differently somehow or tuned down. Otherwise, I can see Geddy making the protagonist sound exactly like the Priests. Something needs to happen so that Geddy can make the two characters sound like different entities (like in the original).

Sorry...if you missed it on the T4E tour, you're sadly out of luck! I think it's a "been there done that" sort of thing....I'd love to hear Permanent Waves top to bottom though! (because I KNOW it's a stretch for them to do either AFTK or Hemispheres!)

Archived