Admin's behavior should be held...

ghostworks

Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:

• Yes
    • No

Being rather new her ,less than a year . I have found the Admins as well as most here to be good people , fair and not a buch of DH's The Admins do a fine job, other board I go to dont even have a SoCN place. Says a bunch that they do that. .02.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (sundog @ Dec 7 2010, 06:20 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 03:19 PM)
I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If any Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, etc., that Admin essentially gives permission for members to treat each other in the same way.

Do you agree that Admins should be more accountable for their behavior than 'regular' members, or do you think that a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach is acceptable?

Whether you admit it or not ~ the Admin on this board conduct themselves according to the behaviours that need to be administered to...

When you are fair in how you treat other members, you are handled fairly...

When you behave in an unacceptable manner, you will be addressed accordingly.

The admin are not paid employees here to uphold corporate missions and visions... they are here because they VOLUNTARILY support this board financially and in labour hours to maintain it for our enjoyment as Rush fans. Follow the rules, and you are welcome to continue to post... if you don't follow the rules (Like maintaining an acceptable signature size, just to name one) you are dealt with.

It is as simple as that, NO MORE, NO LESS. th1245.gif

Wow Sunny you've gone all Blue Egyptian!

bekloppt.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 7 2010, 07:26 PM)
QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 7 2010, 11:23 PM)
This thread reminds me of this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZQdydWtGis...player_embedded

Your post reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzofJeg5bPo

Your response sucks compared to a real band like this:

http://vimeo.com/6192765

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 7 2010, 07:25 PM)
QUOTE (sundog @ Dec 7 2010, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 03:19 PM)
I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If any Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, etc., that Admin essentially gives permission for members to treat each other in the same way.

Do you agree that Admins should be more accountable for their behavior than 'regular' members, or do you think that a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach is acceptable?

Whether you admit it or not ~ the Admin on this board conduct themselves according to the behaviours that need to be administered to...

When you are fair in how you treat other members, you are handled fairly...

When you behave in an unacceptable manner, you will be addressed accordingly.

The admin are not paid employees here to uphold corporate missions and visions... they are here because they VOLUNTARILY support this board financially and in labour hours to maintain it for our enjoyment as Rush fans. Follow the rules, and you are welcome to continue to post... if you don't follow the rules (Like maintaining an acceptable signature size, just to name one) you are dealt with.

It is as simple as that, NO MORE, NO LESS. th1245.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/ass_licker_toilate_paper.jpg

laugh.gif Is that you???

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 7 2010, 05:28 PM)
I've still not stopped laughing since an Admin told me that political convictions weren't as "personal" as religious ones.

Most patronisingly stupid crap I ever heard!!!

Then again, that merely proves they are human.

Put it this way. Do people in general get more worked up if their political beliefs are put down, or their religious ones? I think most people would say religious, which is why I said that to you. I certainly wasn't trying to be patronizing.

But I could be wrong about that. Maybe it depends on which topic you're more passionate about. I just know that religion has started more serious trouble in SOCN than politics ever has.

I definitely think that people get more offended if you insult their religious beliefs.

For Example:

If someone is big supporter of Obama, and someone said Obama sucks, that person would probably not like it very much. However, if that same person was a practicing Christian and someone said the exact same thing about Jesus, that person would probably be horrified by that statement.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 7 2010, 07:42 PM)
I definitely think that people get more offended if you insult their religious beliefs.

For Example:

If someone is big supporter of Obama, and someone said Obama sucks, that person would probably not like it very much. However, if that same person was a practicing Christian and someone said the exact same thing about Jesus, that person would probably be horrified by that statement.

Not that we want to get too specifically political or religious outside of SOCN, but that is my general impression as well. There's a reason why many forums I've seen will allow political discussion, but not religion. Many don't allow either of them.

I was making a generalization about religion being more personal than politics, and it was just that -- a generalization. That statement wouldn't apply to those who aren't religious but are very involved politically.

I have seen far more posts implying liberals are mentally-incapable than ones implying the same of Christians.

As a member of the British Labour Party and as an atheist my political views are very important to me and a cornerstone of my personal ethics and day-to-day life. There is no logical reason why I would not be offended, should I choose to be, by people attacking my political beliefs as retarded or corrupt. If you are going to moderate then their should be consistency.

I can go on and on but respect for people's personal convictions shouldn't begin and end with religious beliefs.

Sorry for hijacking your thread GW.

Can we return to the highly controversial subject of sig sizes and Admin ego sizes now, please?

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 7 2010, 08:17 PM)
I have seen far more posts implying liberals are mentally-incapable than ones implying the same of Christians.
As a member of the British Labour Party and as an atheist my political views are very important to me and a cornerstone of my personal ethics and day-to-day life. There is no logical reason why I would not be offended, should I choose to be, by people attacking my political beliefs as retarded or corrupt. If you are going to moderate then their should be consistency.

I can go on and on but respect for people's personal convictions shouldn't begin and end with religious beliefs.

Sorry for hijacking your thread GW.

Can we return to the highly controversial subject of sig sizes and Admin ego sizes now, please?

You're not hijacking his thread...you're pretty much grabbing the baton from him, only with a different focus.

I think we've covered SOCN-related stuff enough now. If you want to continue discussing SOCN moderation, please do it in private. As I said before (which you laughed at), there's a reason why SOCN has it's own set of rules. Laugh if you want to, but that's the way it is.

QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 04:50 PM)
QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 7 2010, 04:49 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 7 2010, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 05:44 PM)
QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 7 2010, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 7 2010, 04:14 PM)
I'm having a tough time with the concept that ghostie chose signature size, of all things, as the trigger point for this thread. . .

Size doesn't matter. wink.gif

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

No, that's what men with little weiners say.

No, that's what women that are trying t be nice say! cool.gif

Clearly Mara isn't one of those...

tongue.gif

I hope not.

OK so to hopefully wrap this puppy up

An asshole without a sig

has an issue with sizes of sigs

and the mother effing thread not only grew legs

but ran a fu<king marathon in about a day and a half

Bravo jerkworks bravo!

msn_sheep.png applaudit.gif cat.gif

I actually think ghostworks is a worthwhile contributor to the forum when he isn't baiting admins out of boredom and trying (however subtly or not) to compare TRF to Counterparts.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 7 2010, 11:41 PM)
I actually think ghostworks is a worthwhile contributor to the forum when he isn't baiting admins out of boredom and trying (however subtly or not) to compare TRF to Counterparts.

I hate those sort of comparisons... almost as pointless of asking who is cooler out of these two in this photo:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/barney_rebel/1271635605240.png

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 7 2010, 10:48 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 7 2010, 11:41 PM)

I hate those sort of comparisons... almost as pointless of asking who is cooler out of these two in this photo:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/barney_rebel/1271635605240.png

I don't know? Which one represents TRF?

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 7 2010, 10:38 PM)

An asshole without a sig

Bravo jerkworks bravo!

Heh... If you were a mod that would be out of line. But since you are not, hurling insults combined with expletives is totally okay.

And another person listed as a 'Moderator' who has posted nothing but photos that are all all snark and no moderating whatsoever...

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

QUOTE (rummut71 @ Dec 8 2010, 12:27 AM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 7 2010, 10:38 PM)

An asshole without a sig

Bravo jerkworks  bravo!

msn_sheep.png  applaudit.gif  cat.gif

Heh... If you were a mod that would be out of line. But since you are not, hurling insults combined with expletives is totally okay.

And another person listed as a 'Moderator' who has posted nothing but photos that are all all snark and no moderating whatsoever...

new_thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

Start a thread asking if mods should be held to a higher North American standard? confused13.gif

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 7 2010, 07:38 PM)

An asshole without a sig

Bravo jerkworks bravo!

Personal attack or does that only count in the politics area?

Archived