Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 11 2010, 06:08 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 11 2010, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 10 2010, 06:11 PM)
Ghostie...

So, even though I explained that the "dick" line was a quote from the movie "Arthur," and that I meant it as a joke, and that I really thought you'd get that joke, you're still holding it against me as if I meant to insult you?

regardless of whether I knew the quote reference or not (for the record: I did not) it was a shockingly vulgar display of passive/aggressive behavior, especially coming from an Administrator (my primary issue)

you also presumed I knew what your 'signature policing policy' was (and really - how would I have?) and assumed I was having a spiteful go at you

let's turn the tables for a moment: I respond to any post in any thread with "...anything else you need explained? Perhaps you'd like me to come there and wash your dick for you, sir? biggrin.gif "

^ even if you personally knew the quote, wouldn't my use of it as a reply to another member earn me a quick 'reprimand' from a Mod or Admin if they came across it/had it pointed out to them?

[this time we both know the answer to that one]

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 10 2010, 06:11 PM)
...is there more to it?

no

that's it

Okay, so you didn't recognize the movie quote. I thought you would, but you didn't. That's okay.

Once I explained where I got that line from and why I posted it, most people would have been like, "Oh, I didn't know that. But thanks for explaining it!" I was surprised you didn't react that way because you do seem to have a sense of humor.

The fact remains -- it IS a movie quote, and it's a funny line from a funny movie. That you didn't know it was a joke at first should no longer matter because I explained later that it WAS a joke.

That you didn't take it as a joke even after I explained it doesn't make it any less of a joke...

no, I get that it was/is a joke

100%

that does not make it any more (or less) appropriate for an Admin to post it

if you were not an Admin, and you had posted what you did and I had reacted, you know full well that a TRF Admin would've interjected long ago, via public post or PM

either there's a double standard here, or there isn't

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 11 2010, 06:08 PM)
...you continuing to have a problem with this despite my assurances that I meant no insult towards you is YOUR problem. Not mine. IT. WAS. A. JOKE.

I. DON'T. HAVE. A. PROBLEM. with the fact that you meant it as a joke

so we're beyond that, at least

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 18 2010, 07:33 PM)
QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 18 2010, 06:19 PM)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G7bGBUlx2M

That's a great commercial! Never saw it before. Thanks Bob!

thanks man! I like the song, and sometimes it fits the mood.

Archived