Admin's behavior should be held...

ghostworks

Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 6 2010, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Dec 6 2010, 06:47 PM)
I think they could lay off on their " I am a conservative and i hate Libtards " bullshit.

What happens in SOCN stays in SOCN. That forum has special access and its own set of rules for a reason.

How an admin or mod feels about political issues has absolutely NOTHING to do with how they run the board. Another reason why SOCN is "separate."

Considering Ghostworks isn't even a SOCNer (no * next to his name), I would doubt this has anything to do with SOCN.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 6 2010, 07:13 PM)
I think they could lay off on their " I am a conservative and i hate Libtards " bullshit.

What happens in SOCN stays in SOCN. That forum has special access and its own set of rules for a reason.

How an admin or mod feels about political issues has absolutely NOTHING to do with how they run the board. Another reason why SOCN is "separate."

Considering Ghostworks isn't even a SOCNer (no * next to his name), I would doubt this has anything to do with SOCN.

I was responding to Xanadoood's comment, which was his own opinion and had nothing to do with ghostworks.

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 6 2010, 07:19 PM)

I was responding to Xanadoood's comment, which was his own opinion and had nothing to do with ghostworks.

Right, but after Mara's comment as well (which was a bit off mark) I thought I would clarify.

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 03:19 PM)
I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If any Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, etc., that Admin essentially gives permission for members to treat each other in the same way.

Do you agree that Admins should be more accountable for their behavior than 'regular' members, or do you think that a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach is acceptable?

One question...

Why do you even bother posting here? atickhum.gif

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 6 2010, 07:24 PM)
I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If any Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, etc., that Admin essentially gives permission for members to treat each other in the same way.

Do you agree that Admins should be more accountable for their behavior than 'regular' members, or do you think that a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach is acceptable?

One question...

I think it's just to fu-ck with your mind ticky!

th1245.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 6 2010, 08:05 PM)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/barney_rebel/sadman.jpg

Jim couldn't believe he was viewing pictures of his daughter on his favorite site, nudecollegegirls.net

QUOTE (treeduck @ Dec 6 2010, 08:26 PM)
QUOTE (tick @ Dec 6 2010, 07:24 PM)

One question...

I think it's just to fu-ck with your mind ticky!

th1245.gif

Well then...FAIL. atickhum.gif

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 6 2010, 08:13 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Dec 6 2010, 07:07 PM)
oooh what did I miss?

You missed Ghostworks whining about every single thing he can think of - recently, and I believe what sparked this, is his disdain for the rules on signature sizes.

Here are his latest posts so you can see how much he bitches (yet still hangs here on a daily basis for whatever reason - probably just to cry):

http://www.therushforum.com/index.php?act=...lluser&mid=4609

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b277/barney_rebel/post-2084-1118327452.jpg

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 02:19 PM)

From my experience in the forum here, the admins seem like pretty decent guys and don't seem to be on power trips and abuse their power. The big problem with your thread is that you make accusations but don't even back them up with examples! Sure, I think that they maybe get involved and joke around more than most admins do, but that just makes them seem more human than most admins in other forums! I like the idea that I can jokingly take a shot at the admins here and they get that it is just a joke! Most other forums would ban people for things like that!

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 6 2010, 08:20 PM)
QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 6 2010, 07:19 PM)

Right, but after Mara's comment as well (which was a bit off mark) I thought I would clarify.

Right - I thought he WAS a member, didn't look for the asterisk. My error and apologies.

I don't think you CAN hold yourselves to a "higher" standard and still participate on the forum to the extent that you do. You'd have to moderate from more of an observer point of view, which would suck. I understand the need to maintain a certain objectivity, which can't be easy.

There's no need to dignify this "poll" with a vote, but I will reply. As Admins? Only 3 (THREE) to run a board with over 8000 members, and what maybe 5 (FIVE) mods to assist? They do a f*cking great job, and really what is there to complain about?

Really...what's your beef? Spell it out for us or shut the f up. Remember this board is for fun not fighting.

If you believe this place to be for anything other than amusement, a hobby, a "timewaster" so to speak?

you're in the wrong place.

QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 6 2010, 11:25 PM)
I'm not going to vote - I've had no problems with TRF. It's a nice, friendly place.

Wow,I just noticed when you joined and how many posts you have! That must be a record! Keep on posting! 1022.gif

QUOTE (barney_rebel @ Dec 6 2010, 10:50 PM)
Just seeing if this jives with the north american standard.

We don't do that metric shit here. laugh.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 7 2010, 04:48 AM)
QUOTE (Babycat @ Dec 6 2010, 11:25 PM)
I'm not going to vote - I've had no problems with TRF. It's a nice, friendly place.

Wow,I just noticed when you joined and how many posts you have! That must be a record! Keep on posting! 1022.gif

Thanks! 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif 1022.gif 2.gif trink39.gif

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 6 2010, 11:54 PM)

They forced the metric system on us here in Canada around 40 years ago and everyone still measures in inches and feet and weighs in pounds. If you ask anyone how much they weigh, they always answer in pounds and the same goes for height, they always answer in feet and inches.

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 7 2010, 05:12 AM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 6 2010, 11:54 PM)

They forced the metric system here in Canada around 40 years ago and everyone still measures in inches and feet and weighs in pounds. If you ask anyone how much they weigh, they always answer in pounds and the same goes for height, they always answer in feet and inches.

So do we...

Archived