Admin's behavior should be held...

ghostworks

Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Admin's behavior should be held to a higher standard:

• Yes
    • No

QUOTE (RushRevisited @ Dec 7 2010, 04:17 PM)
QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 7 2010, 04:14 PM)
I'm having a tough time with the concept that ghostie chose signature size, of all things, as the trigger point for this thread. . .

Size doesn't matter. wink.gif

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!! icon_really_happy_guy.gif

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 05:44 PM)
I'm having a tough time with the concept that ghostie chose signature size, of all things, as the trigger point for this thread. . .

No, that's what men with little weiners say.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 7 2010, 04:47 PM)

No, that's what women that are trying to be nice say! cool.gif

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 7 2010, 04:49 PM)

No, that's what women that are trying t be nice say! cool.gif

Clearly Mara isn't one of those...

tongue.gif

Should the admins be held to a higher standard? Well, maybe a LITTLE, as like it or not, they do set an example.

That said, they do a damn fine job. I truly appreciate that they're "regular folks" and you can treat them as one of the group.

Do I always agree with every little thing they've ever said and done? No, but who cares? They're human - they're not perfect, but do the best they can as individuals without being tyrannical or egotistical or expecting any kind of special treatment. We're quite lucky to have them.

QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 05:50 PM)

tongue.gif

I'm married, so I don't count. tongue.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Dec 7 2010, 04:50 PM)
Should the admins be held to a higher standard? Well, maybe a LITTLE, as like it or not, they do set an example.

That said, they do a damn fine job. I truly appreciate that they're "regular folks" and you can treat them as one of the group.

Yup, that's kinda what I was trying to say a little ways back. I'm assuming that this is also the reason the score is closer than most might think.

QUOTE (Mara @ Dec 7 2010, 04:54 PM)

tongue.gif

Many things could be said...But I don't wanna drag your husband into this sewer...

laugh.gif

tongue.gif

So, I take it from your previous post that you did not wear white at the wedding. tongue.gif

QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 05:55 PM)

tongue.gif

Many things could be said...But I don't wanna drag your husband into this sewer...

laugh.gif

I did that when we got married 8 years ago. laugh.gif

QUOTE (1-0-0-1-0-0-1 @ Dec 6 2010, 11:55 PM)
QUOTE (Xanadoood @ Dec 6 2010, 06:47 PM)
I think they could lay off on their " I am a conservative and i hate Libtards " bullshit.

What happens in SOCN stays in SOCN. That forum has special access and its own set of rules for a reason.

How an admin or mod feels about political issues has absolutely NOTHING to do with how they run the board. Another reason why SOCN is "separate."

rofl3.gif

I've still not stopped laughing since an Admin told me that political convictions weren't as "personal" as religious ones.

Most patronisingly stupid crap I ever heard!!!

Then again, that merely proves they are human.

Thing is, Admins and Mods are members too. They should be allowed to enjoy the same privileges as regular members - allowed to get into emotional debate, to make jokes, to be silly, to be serious etc - but they must adhere to the standards they would expect from their members and certainly shouldnt break rules or abuse their privileges.

The most difficult thing is to ensure that other members know when an Admin is wearing his "Moderator Hat" and when he/she is just using the site like anyone else. Mods shouldn't really moderate any threads they are passionately involved in.

It's a difficult job and a thankless task but we thank them anyway even when it seems we just criticise or "shit-stir".

QUOTE (Tony R @ Dec 7 2010, 05:21 PM)
I think they could lay off on their " I am a conservative and i hate Libtards " bullshit.

What happens in SOCN stays in SOCN. That forum has special access and its own set of rules for a reason.

How an admin or mod feels about political issues has absolutely NOTHING to do with how they run the board. Another reason why SOCN is "separate."

rofl3.gif

Spoken by the guy who has a strike in the SOCN.

Just sayin'.

sarcasm.gif

QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 04:34 PM)

rofl3.gif

Just sayin'.

sarcasm.gif

Not yet allowed into the sacred zone but I get the feeling it isn't too hard to get a strike.

Just sayin'.

QUOTE (Fordgalaxy @ Dec 7 2010, 05:36 PM)
QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 04:34 PM)

rofl3.gif

Just sayin'.

sarcasm.gif

Not yet allowed into the sacred zone but I get the feeling it isn't too hard to get a strike.

Just sayin'.

If you absolutely can't control your mouth/fingers, yeah. But you'd be surprised what we get away with.

QUOTE (the oaks @ Dec 7 2010, 10:34 PM)

rofl3.gif

Just sayin'.

sarcasm.gif

And how is that comment relevant to my post?

Just sayin' tongue.gif

Even then I was ejected without being informed of the decision as if my immediate removal was a national security issue. dazed025.gif

But then again it is probably just a cultural thing. Us Brits like to be rude and obnoxious in the heat of battle but once the dust has settled we like to shake hands, offer condolences, apologies etc and DO THE RIGHT THING. wink.gif

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 03:19 PM)
I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If any Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, etc., that Admin essentially gives permission for members to treat each other in the same way.

Do you agree that Admins should be more accountable for their behavior than 'regular' members, or do you think that a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach is acceptable?

Whether you admit it or not ~ the Admin on this board conduct themselves according to the behaviours that need to be administered to...

When you are fair in how you treat other members, you are handled fairly...

When you behave in an unacceptable manner, you will be addressed accordingly.

The admin are not paid employees here to uphold corporate missions and visions... they are here because they VOLUNTARILY support this board financially and in labour hours to maintain it for our enjoyment as Rush fans. Follow the rules, and you are welcome to continue to post... if you don't follow the rules (Like maintaining an acceptable signature size, just to name one) you are dealt with.

It is as simple as that, NO MORE, NO LESS. th1245.gif

QUOTE (sundog @ Dec 7 2010, 11:20 PM)
QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 6 2010, 03:19 PM)
I tend to hold Administrators to a higher standard, for good reason - their behavior is the template for the rest of the boards' behavior (whether they like it or not.)

If any Admin feels comfortable addressing another member with vulgarity/personal insults, etc., that Admin essentially gives permission for members to treat each other in the same way.

Do you agree that Admins should be more accountable for their behavior than 'regular' members, or do you think that a 'do as I say, not as I do' approach is acceptable?

Whether you admit it or not ~ the Admin on this board conduct themselves according to the behaviours that need to be administered to...

When you are fair in how you treat other members, you are handled fairly...

When you behave in an unacceptable manner, you will be addressed accordingly.

The admin are not paid employees here to uphold corporate missions and visions... they are here because they VOLUNTARILY support this board financially and in labour hours to maintain it for our enjoyment as Rush fans. Follow the rules, and you are welcome to continue to post... if you don't follow the rules (Like maintaining an acceptable signature size, just to name one) you are dealt with.

It is as simple as that, NO MORE, NO LESS. th1245.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v619/reedlover/ass_licker_toilate_paper.jpg

Archived