• No

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Dec 7 2010, 12:25 AM)
beep beep boop bop
please abide by forum rules, thank-you
beep beep. weeoowoo r2d2 weeoo.

Excuse me, but I believe that android's behavior should be set to a higher standard!

So, Please, reprogram yourself to behave more highly!

I have no problems with the mods or admins. In fact, they're the most helpful board runners i've ever met. Deys good peeps. yes.gif

QUOTE (Fridge @ Dec 6 2010, 04:25 PM)
As the site is their property, it really doesn't matter what standard anyone else "holds" them to.

Their gaff, their rules.

and if this was a private (closed) site I'd agree with you 100%

the second you open your doors to the public, the vanity of 'you can do whatever you want' goes away

The OP started a thread similar to this one on CP as well.

For the record the admins here do a great job. 73 has held his composure quite well when he is being hassled, something I could never do! trink39.gif

QUOTE (Jack Aubrey @ Dec 6 2010, 06:32 PM)
Did you ever stop to think that the admins might occasionally go off on people because they're sick and tired of hearing assholes bitching about the way they run their board?

there's a distinct difference between 'going off' on someone and provoking someone

in either case, that's unbecoming behavior (from any member) although it is often tolerated

it is unacceptable behavior from a moderator

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 7 2010, 10:05 AM)
As the site is their property, it really doesn't matter what standard anyone else "holds" them to.

Their gaff, their rules.

the second you open your doors to the public, the vanity of 'you can do whatever you want' goes away

Are you really serious?

This is the internet!

How much did they charge you to join TRF?

This is their site and they are free to run it how they see fit!

Are you trying to say that the people responsible for running and paying to keep this site up do not have as much of a right to freedom of speech as the rest of us do?

This isn't Wal-Mart!

Nobody here is going to greet you with a smile if you are being a total douche bag!

Nobody is out to make a profit!

If you are so unmistakably right about what you are saying then how come not one person in this forum has backed up what you have said?

I think you should seriously consider whether it is the admins that have a problem and are doing wrong or if it is you and the way you perceive things!

I'm sure everyone in this forum would just let all of this drop, including the admins, if you were to change your attitude.

You created a thread like this and yet, you are still able to post!

That does not tell you anything about the admins here?

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Dec 7 2010, 10:21 AM)

[psst] your ignorance is showing wink.gif

For the record the admins here do a great job. 73 has held his composure quite well when he is being hassled, something I could never do!  trink39.gif

and for the record, I agree

in fact, 1-0-0 has come to my defense in the past - this is an isolated and relatively minor incident - one I was assuming would be addressed quickly

if the membership at large doesn't slip into sycophantic arm-waving over this (although a few of you already can't help yourself) the whole thing will be addressed with the appropriate attention it deserves

I'm sure of it

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 7 2010, 10:38 AM)

Their gaff, their rules.

...this is their site and they are free to run it how they see fit!

mull your statement over for a few minutes and you'll quickly realize that it's patently false

...are you trying to say that the people responsible for running and paying to keep this site up do not have as much of a right to freedom of speech as the rest of us do?

this isn't a 'freedom of speech' issue, it's a behavior issue

...I'm sure everyone in this forum would just let all of this drop, including the admins, if you were to change your attitude.

what 'attitude'?

I addressed an admittedly small issue and was disproportionately chastised and insulted for doing so

I've got thicker skin than to have been 'hurt' by what was said - that it was levied against me by an Admin in his administrative capacity was where I took offense

...you created a thread like this and yet, you are still able to post!

it does - it tells me a great deal

in fact, it's the very reason I persist with the issue at all

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 7 2010, 10:54 AM)

Their gaff, their rules.

mull your statement over for a few minutes and you'll quickly realize that it's patently false

...are you trying to say that the people responsible for running and paying to keep this site up do not have as much of a right to freedom of speech as the rest of us do?

this isn't a 'freedom of speech' issue, it's a behavior issue

...I'm sure everyone in this forum would just let all of this drop, including the admins, if you were to change your attitude.

what 'attitude'?

I addressed an admittedly small issue and was disproportionately chastised and insulted for doing so

I've got thicker skin than to have been 'hurt' by what was said - that it was levied against me by an Admin in his administrative capacity was where I took offense

...you created a thread like this and yet, you are still able to post!

it does - it tells me a great deal

in fact, it's the very reason I persist with the issue at all

You have an answer for everything, and that answer seems to be that you are never wrong!

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 7 2010, 11:01 AM)
ok time to isolate and ignore...someone's just an attention whore

*clap clap*
works off

if you can't be bothered to read the posts in this thread, why bother to comment?

unless...

QUOTE (BeOhBe Bob @ Dec 7 2010, 11:01 AM)
someone's just an attention whore

QUOTE (snowdogged @ Dec 7 2010, 11:02 AM)
You have an answer for everything, and that answer seems to be that you are never wrong!

I reserve the right to be 'wrong' at any time wink.gif

however, I haven't been wrong on this point to date, agreed

I'm confused here... is this a trick question?

I don't think the admins can be held to a "higher standard" simply because they SET the standard. It's their board, we are free to use it as THEY see fit. If the admins don't want us swearing, they they won't be swearing. If it's ok here, then I'm sure you'll see them cut loose with a "crap" or a "damn" even once in a while. (those are the only swears I know other than "mitten" - Ralph Wiggum)

Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but that's how I see it.

For the record the admins here do a great job. 73 has held his composure quite well when he is being hassled, something I could never do!  trink39.gif

Yeah, looks like he is whining about a deleted thread on Counterparts as well:

http://www.rushmessageboard.com/cpmb/index...showtopic=38234

Some people just love to bitch and cry over everything and anything. Ghostworks, the bottom line is that if you don't like it here - whether it is the "moderation" or "admins" or whatever, then leave. Honestly, I don't think too many people would miss you.

In response to snowdogged's post:

and your response of

I'd hate to tell you, but snowdogged is absolutely right. It is privately owned and we can run it however we wish. While I feel we are pretty easy going as admins and mods, that is our choice in how to be. Nothing is stopping us from being "hard asses" other than the simple fact that we don't want to be in most cases. But again - it is a privately owned board and we can moderate and admin however we want. Seriously, go find another place to cry and whine - I don't think you are going to get too much sympathy here, as most people know that our admins and mods are generally top notch and while we are only human, we do the best we can.

QUOTE (Lost In Xanadu @ Dec 7 2010, 12:00 PM)
QUOTE (iluvgeddy05 @ Dec 7 2010, 11:57 AM)
don't like?  leave.

Ok, compared to this, I guess I didn't oversimplify rofl3.gif

I guess I don't see it really any harder than that!

QUOTE (ghostworks @ Dec 7 2010, 11:05 AM)

Their gaff, their rules.

No it doesn't? They can tell to to go screw, or ban you simply because they don't like something you said. They don't have to adhere to any rules of any kind. Its there site and they can do as they please whether you like it or not.

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 7 2010, 03:01 PM)
...they can tell to to go screw, or ban you simply because they don't like something you said...

yes - that they can do - fair enough

QUOTE (tick @ Dec 7 2010, 03:01 PM)
...they don't have to adhere to any rules of any kind. Its there site and they can do as they please whether you like it or not.

now I know you'd like to believe that, (and you're not the only one) but that is 100% not true

even the Admins here will tell you that

Archived