The Walking Dead

vital signz

I'm guessing Lori miscarries in the accident. I'm hoping a zombie kills her off though because her and the old man have been totally useless so far. Neither one of them have brought anything to the group. Even Andrea has toughed up and learned how to shoot and kill walkers.

Okay, I thought the gunfight stuff was pretty cool. But holy shit they have TWO f*cked UP PEOPLE AT THE FARM NOW! IT NEVER ENDS...

A couple things:

1) Not sure what the hell's going on with Daryl. I'd like to see him have more of an active part as he's one of the best characters, but I guess they need to "develop" him.

2) I hope Shane gets cool again. Or at least have him and Andrea run off on their own or something. How many confrontations are we going to have before someone actually does something interesting?

Nitpicking aside, I did enjoy last night's episode quite a bit.

I was SOOO hoping the zombie would get Lori!

Ok, so they save this kid, to bandage him up and set him off down the road by himself when he is well again! WTF?? They should've put him out of his misery. Plus where the hell were they all night?

I guess this sets up the storyline for them to get accosted by another group of survivors.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Feb 20 2012, 02:02 PM)

I was SOOO hoping the zombie would get Lori!

Ok, so they save this kid, to bandage him up and set him off down the road by himself when he is well again! WTF?? They should've put him out of his misery. Plus where the hell were they all night?
I guess this sets up the storyline for them to get accosted by another group of survivors.

I would've shot the guy in the head and left him as zombie bait. Also, with all the zombies that were sorrounding them how were the able to fight them off long enough to carry him out and get away? The zombies here don't move fast but carring a guy with one leg, who's probably bleeding to death isn't exactly a fast getaway either.

I liked when the zombie bit that one guys face off. The Alice Cooper song "I'll Bite Your Face Off" imediately popped into my head when I saw that laugh.gif

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 20 2012, 08:12 PM)
I want more plot! I want more of what is happening in the world, not in these immature people's day-to-day interactions.

What's happening to them is what is happening in the world. I've come to the realization that The Walking Dead is not going to be the show I imagined and desired. With that said, it's an okay to good show that is slowly improving. I like it, but I don't think I'll ever love it. I'll keep watching.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 20 2012, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Feb 20 2012, 08:12 PM)
I want more plot! I want more of what is happening in the world, not in these immature people's day-to-day interactions.

What's happening to them is what is happening in the world. I've come to the realization that The Walking Dead is not going to be the show I imagined and desired. With that said, it's an okay to good show that is slowly improving. I like it, but I don't think I'll ever love it. I'll keep watching.

goodpost.gif

Same here.

At least last night's show finally had some action.

The last few episodes have been like watching grass grow.

I've never rooted so hard for zombies to kill everyone in my entire life.

I figured it like this, there were no zombies showing up because they can't take the sound of constant whining by adults.

All I can say is, a-a-a-a-a-r-r-r-r-r-r-g-g-g-g-g-h-h-h-h-h!!!

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 20 2012, 06:12 PM)

perhaps the story is supposed to take place from the point of view of the immature people, and they don't know what's going on in the rest of the world.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 21 2012, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Feb 20 2012, 06:12 PM)

perhaps the story is supposed to take place from the point of view of the immature people, and they don't know what's going on in the rest of the world.

It's a good show and all but I guess I was just expecting something on a grander scale

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 21 2012, 03:10 PM)
QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Feb 21 2012, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Feb 20 2012, 06:12 PM)

It's a good show and all but I guess I was just expecting something on a grander scale

I enjoy the show but find most of the characters unlikable, which stops me from loving it.

Showing what's happening in the rest of the world isn't a good idea because the cast is already overloaded. If they showed what was happening in other places there would be too many characters lost in the shuffle and the show already has that problem with the current cast.

I'm guessing everyone else in the world is probably going through similar situations that this group is. If the show goes for awhile then they should expand to other parts of the world and other people. But the story of this group is still yet to be told, so there's no need for it yet.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Feb 21 2012, 05:54 PM)
Showing what's happening in the rest of the world isn't a good idea because the cast is already overloaded. If they showed what was happening in other places there would be too many characters lost in the shuffle and the show already has that problem with the current cast.

I'm guessing everyone else in the world is probably going through similar situations that this group is. If the show goes for awhile then they should expand to other parts of the world and other people. But the story of this group is still yet to be told, so there's no need for it yet.

There's plenty of things they could do to show what's happening in the world. If the cast gets too overloaded, all they have to do is kill off the unlikeable characters.

After that, they could pick up a signal on the CB, and go investigate.

It would certainly add some excitement. Season 2 has been boring as sh*t.

QUOTE (Archangel717 @ Feb 22 2012, 10:54 AM)
QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Feb 21 2012, 05:54 PM)

There's plenty of things they could do to show what's happening in the world. If the cast gets too overloaded, all they have to do is kill off the unlikeable characters.

After that, they could pick up a signal on the CB, and go investigate.

It would certainly add some excitement. Season 2 has been boring as sh*t.

True, they could do it like that but like I said, what's happening with this group is probably very similar to what the other survivors are going through. So there's no need to tell the same story twice with different people.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Feb 23 2012, 05:26 AM)
Finally watched the last episode....Didn't think it was that bad but would have liked to have seen Lori become lunchmeat.

I thought the effect where the zombie was trying to get into the car was cool, the way it's face was peeling back.

Yeah, that was cool. It also shows how the zombies have absolutely no thought at all in their heads. He could've just ripped the windsheild apart with his hands where the hole was but instead choose to shred up his face instead laugh.gif

I'm still curious as to what exactly Rick, Glenn, Herschel and the dude with the wounded leg did all night before coming back to the farm? The zombies were coming as they were trying to get away and while they had guns, i'm not sure they had enough fire power to fight them all off through the night.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Feb 23 2012, 09:02 AM)
Finally watched the last episode....Didn't think it was that bad but would have liked to have seen Lori become lunchmeat.

I thought the effect where the zombie was trying to get into the car was cool, the way it's face was peeling back.

Yeah, that was cool. It also shows how the zombies have absolutely no thought at all in their heads. He could've just ripped the windsheild apart with his hands where the hole was but instead choose to shred up his face instead laugh.gif

I'm still curious as to what exactly Rick, Glenn, Herschel and the dude with the wounded leg did all night before coming back to the farm? The zombies were coming as they were trying to get away and while they had guns, i'm not sure they had enough fire power to fight them all off through the night.

I think it's safe to assume they were pinned in the bar for hours.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Feb 23 2012, 10:02 AM)

I was thinking that as well. It took Glen and his main squeeze (whatever her name is) just a couple of hours to get there and back while riding horses. It took them in a truck all night to get back. I don't think they were in the bar all night as they were safer driving like a bat out of hell away from there.

I thought Rick should have shot the tanks of propane he was near after he got a safe distance away and the zombies moved closer to them.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 27 2012, 12:40 AM)
I think 18 Miles Out is one of the best episodes yet. I thought everything pretty much worked and moved the story forward. Things are very different now. And there were ZOMBIES!

Agreed, awesome episode. But the only thing missing was Daryl sad.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 20 2012, 09:21 PM)
QUOTE (Good @ bad,andrush,Feb 20 2012, 08:12 PM)

goodpost.gif

It's getting better, but they just waste too much time with a scene that should take 1 min but it takes 5 mins. When they do that, you have an episode like last night, while one of the best yet, you don't see half the cast. There are just too many cast members. They should have started slowly and added one here and there, then maybe lost one here and there. It seems with as many people and the agonizingly slow plot development you watch 2 episodes and you get nowhere.

I will still watch. It is getting better, but it could have been SOOO much better if they had better writers. I could live with the actors. You give any actor some of those lines, they're gonna look bad.

But so far, second half of this season is alot better than the first half.

Hopefully it keeps getting better.

I watched the first season and I liked it very much. It is kind of different than the zombie movies with more focus on the characters. Looking forward when season 2 starts up overe here!

I like zombie movies. The best I think are the 28 days/hours/weeks movies. I think they have the best casting and characters of all I have seen.

Great episode last night. I really enjoyed it.

One thing I don't get is why they're making such a big deal out of this Randall guy. I just don't understand the rationale for having to kill him. Not even from a moral point of view, I just literally don't get what harm he is to the group.

He could run off and get the guys that were shooting at them earlier. He could cause them more harm than good if they let him go.

I did love the scenes with the lone zombie wandering throught he field. It was rather beautiful. As the guy on Talking Dead said, it's like a deer standing next to a lake.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Feb 27 2012, 07:36 AM)
Great episode last night. I really enjoyed it.

One thing I don't get is why they're making such a big deal out of this Randall guy. I just don't understand the rationale for having to kill him. Not even from a moral point of view, I just literally don't get what harm he is to the group.

I agree, and didn't they have to rip his freaking leg almost off to get it off the fence? And know a week later, he seems to be walking with barely a limp? Seriously? Those are the little things that keep TWD from being near the class of Breaking Bad or Dexter or even Hell on Wheels or Justified.

Sometimes the dialogue and the characters thought process, while obviously would be tough to call, just doesn't jive with what you think you'd do. That is my big problem. And then the cheesy dialogue is unbelievable sometimes.

But it is what it is. A decent zombie tv show. Not as good as I thought, but still worth watching and has potential to get better.

This is what happens when comic book writers try to write for TV, IMO.