The Walking Dead

vital signz

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 27 2011, 11:10 PM)
SPOILERS

C'mon you had to know she was coming out at the end? That was the most obvious & dramatic way to wrap up the mid-season finale. Didn't expect the Leader to cap her but still, you had to see it coming.

Re: Old Man That Owns Farm. What a total and gigantic dumbass and what an impossible to believe character. For one, he thinks walkers are still people that can be healed so he hoards them him in his barn and yet he takes real live people and kicks them off of his farm to fend for themselves against...walkers? Ridiculous.

Re: Old Bearded Man. He's the opposite of interesting. Leader's Brother should have done away with him if he's really snapping like they want us to believe he is.

Re: Leader's Brother. They want us to think he's snapping under the pressure of knowing that he's the father of the Leader's Wife's baby and shooting that old dude in the knee so he could get away...but we all know that having a smoking hot blonde that gets aroused by killing walkers is a sure fire way to take the edge off.

yeah eh.gif

the ending was a little heartwrenching though.

Great ending last night. I figured Sophia had become a walker at this point but it was still a dramatic scene to close out the mid season. I wasn't sure she was in the barn though until the camera went back to it after all the other walkers were shot, then I knew she was coming out. It was a little sad that had to happen to her but it did give us a very memorable moment in the show.

I love how Shane went nuts to show the farm owner that the walkers weren't alive by unloading a few rounds into the ones body to prove his point.

I have a question though, Did the farm owner know that there was a walker of a little girl in the barn already? If so, it was pretty shitty of him to let everyone hang around looking for Sophia if he already knew what happened to her. That might be why he wanted them to leave so badly.

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 28 2011, 01:00 PM)
Great ending last night. I figured Sophia had become a walker at this point but it was still a dramatic scene to close out the mid season. I wasn't sure she was in the barn though until the camera went back to it after all the other walkers were shot, then I knew she was coming out. It was a little sad that had to happen to her but it did give us a very memorable moment in the show.

I love how Shane went nuts to show the farm owner that the walkers weren't alive by unloading a few rounds into the ones body to prove his point.

I have a question though, Did the farm owner know that there was a walker of a little girl in the barn already? If so, it was pretty shitty of him to let everyone hang around looking for Sophia if he already knew what happened to her. That might be why he wanted them to leave so badly.

Spoiler

No, if you remember, they said Otis used to handle putting them in the barn. And Otis died so quickly before he even heard there was a missing girl, so he probably hadn't told anyone. That is why I think it was worth the wait to find Sophia.

QUOTE (Good,bad,andrush @ Feb 12 2012, 11:22 PM)
QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 12 2012, 11:08 PM)
I liked tonight's episode for the most part.

"Olive Oyl" is really stupid.

It was good but I still felt like nothing happened. No walkers! Arguably 2 I guess, for mere milliseconds.

That's the major problem holding the show back.

I liked tonight's episode. I thought the way Rick handled the situation with the two other suvivors they meet was interresting and adds somehting new to his character.

As for the lack of walkers, I think they're using them less to make it more impactful when they do show up. Let's not forget that they're in the middle of nowhere and there's probably not that many walkers who have made their way out that far from the urban areas yet.

Too obvious when Lori got in the car to find Rick that she hit someone and flipped the car. Now that they no longer have to look for Sophie, they have to have someone else missing. I thought this stupid because we've already played this story.

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Feb 13 2012, 11:13 AM)

Too obvious when Lori got in the car to find Rick that she hit someone and flipped the car. Now that they no longer have to look for Sophie, they have to have someone else missing. I thought this stupid because we've already played this story.

She's one of the worst characters I've ever seen on a television show. I'm not surprised the writers can't come up with anything original or interesting when it comes to her motivations.

What was stupid about that was her going to get Rick. Why? He and Glenn were going into town to get Herschel back to the farm. There was no reason for her to even go. Rick and Glenn have proven they can handle themselves very well so far. She wasn't gonna be able to do anything that either one of them couldn't do. Rick knew about the girl collapsing before he left that's why he went to get Herschel.

The other thing I couldn't tell at first was weather or not she hit a person or a walker with her car.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Feb 13 2012, 03:58 PM)
I think it was a zombie that Lori hit. I think it made the "Raaagh! *gurgle*" right before it was hit.

Yes, it was. I watched it again on my DVR and it's definitely a zombie. It's just the zombie showed up pretty quick so it was hard to tell at first if it was someone staggering out onto the road looking for help or a walker.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Feb 13 2012, 04:58 PM)
I think it was a zombie that Lori hit. I think it made the "Raaagh! *gurgle*" right before it was hit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v423/KublaKhan/strofl.gif

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Feb 13 2012, 12:19 PM)

She's one of the worst characters I've ever seen on a television show. I'm not surprised the writers can't come up with anything original or interesting when it comes to her motivations.

I agree....I can't stand her. Every scene she is in I'm like 062802puke_prv.gif . I don't like her acting, her character or the direction the writers come up with for her.

As for the last episode...again, not much happened. So they introduce a couple new people and kill 'em. Too bad 'cuz I think they could use some fresh meat wink.gif on the show. I guess that was supposed to start setting Rick up as a bad ass actually can make the right decisssions.

I'm not in love with the show, but I'm not gonna bail either.

Oh it was definitely a zombie she hit....but the whole idea of her going out there was stupid to begin with...maybe she's gonna be the next zombie meal.

I watched the Talking Dead after the show. They plan on bringing in way more zombies in the next 5 episodes. There will also be an incredible season finale. It was fun how one of the fans that was talking about the show wished for Hershel and Lori both to be killed off as soon as possible.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Feb 13 2012, 11:38 AM)
What was stupid about that was her going to get Rick. Why? He and Glenn were going into town to get Herschel back to the farm. There was no reason for her to even go. Rick and Glenn have proven they can handle themselves very well so far. She wasn't gonna be able to do anything that either one of them couldn't do. Rick knew about the girl collapsing before he left that's why he went to get Herschel.

Exactly this. Rick and Glen knew what the hell they had to do, but this crazy bitch was going to go rush them back home, as if they were just going to hang out for awhile and take their time? Stupid. This whole farm nonsense NEEDS TO END

Edited by GrandDesigner

The farm nonsense will end soon. I'm not saying how, but finding Sophia was the start of a series of unfortunate events. I don't understand how dumb they think we are if we belive Lori driving after Rick was a good idea. I was almost yelling at the TV when I saw her do that. I'm glad I'm not the only one that got pissed at that crappy writting.