The Walking Dead

vital signz

** SPOILER TALK **

I'll bet you're right, Telescopic. They're not big on brandishing weapons either. That one from the well was the first one that girl had seen "die".

Just caught back up tonight. Once again, much better than last year. Very invested. It's still not as good as most shows I watch, but still very watchable.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 15 2011, 07:15 PM)
And maybe I wasn't paying attention but did the family at the house grow this episode? Seems like the 17yr old boy and the younger girl kinda showed up out of nowhere, but maybe I just missed them in the background.

I felt the same way, lol. I was thinking "Where the hell did these people come from?" There were like 5 people in the house to begin with. Now 9?

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 15 2011, 08:15 PM)
SPOILERS Below

So I finally watched the last episode. I LOVE the flash back scenes. I think seeing how things deteriorated is really cool. I wish they would put like 2 flash backs per episode. When the episode started I was like "hell yeah"! That was a cool scene to see the military napalming a city and I love seeing the transition period, as people start to find out what's going on. In zombie movies I love when it just starts happening and seeing how it all goes down. Hopefully they will do that more.

And for once, I didn't mind the conversation between Rick and Shane about girls in high school and then about making tough decisions.

But I have to admit, they had me fooled because I figured for sure that Merle had the little girl, (who knows, maybe he does?????) but he turns out to be a hallucination.

Lori shooting Daryl was so obvious to me the second I saw her on the camper.

And maybe I wasn't paying attention but did the family at the house grow this episode? Seems like the 17yr old boy and the younger girl kinda showed up out of nowhere, but maybe I just missed them in the background.

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...NO MORE BEDSIDE SCENES WITH CARL.

Although it does look like some big things are going to be happening so maybe the season will end with a flurry of great episodes.

I liked the flashbacks too, and really liked this one as well. I too love to see how things fall apart through flashbacks. I like how they included the bit about Sophie's dad and how bad he was, and then when Daryl returned how Carol said how good he was to Sophie...I see possible romance there.

Loved the conversation between Shane and Rick about the girls...Finally we are getting to something out of these guys besides crying and survival talk.

I too thought Merle had the girl...and you're right Presto, maybe he does.

I only saw Lori shooting Daryl when she screamed "walker" and of course she was gonna shoot him and of course he wasn't gonna die....(I was really hoping he wasn't gonna die)....I see possible romance between Daryl and Lori too.

Yes, it seems like the family did get larger. I don't remember the 17 year old or anyone else either.

And Yes once again...Carl's gonna make it, can we PLEASE skip the crying by the bed scenes...I fast forward over them.

Yup...from what they showed for next week, we should have an exciting episode...hope the next few are good!!!

Is it just me or are the characters constantly whispering? Inside or out, day or night-- lots of whispering/low-talking. It's really beginning to irritate me. Also the guy playing Shane-- his voice is really beginning to grate. Anyone know if that's his actual voice or his character's?

QUOTE (Rushian King @ Nov 21 2011, 05:48 PM)
Is it just me or are the characters constantly whispering? Inside or out, day or night-- lots of whispering/low-talking. It's really beginning to irritate me. Also the guy playing Shane-- his voice is really beginning to grate. Anyone know if that's his actual voice or his character's?

everyone last one of them gets on my nerves. yet i will continue to watch.

QUOTE (Rushman14 @ Nov 21 2011, 08:05 PM)
QUOTE (Rushian King @ Nov 21 2011, 05:48 PM)

everyone last one of them gets on my nerves. yet i will continue to watch.

yes.gif to both of you

***Pre-Spoiler***

The spoiler below is long and will contain alot of me beathorse.gif

***Spoilers below***

Ok...so the episode starts and Carl isn't in the bed. I am thinking thank god almighty, no more bedside scenes! Right there I was, ok....maybe we are going to get somewhere in this episode. Then she feeds the walkers in the barn. Ok...interesting.

Then.....at least IMO....Downhill..............

First of all, why would anyone in this world, NOT want their kid to know how to handle a gun. Mother or not, just shot or not. I guess she'd rather him get eaten?

Then, SOPHIA....remember her? The MISSING little girl whose Mom is walking around the camp? What happened to the search parties? It goes from we will start searching and using a grid to, "go target shoot and then maybe someone will go check this one house that looks like there is no way a little girl would go into it. Oh and we will only send out 2 people. And we will look, after we target shoot.

Then target practice? Who didn't see the fact that Andrea would have to use her gun that same day and be under pressure and Shane's lesson would save her? Anyone not see that coming? Then anyone not see Shane "coming" on the car ride home? I swear this was the most predictable show of the season.

Then the pharmacy. Hmmm....on the way, they are not "walkers", they are Momma and friends! Who didn't know she was gonna get attacked? Anyone?

And Dale. Mr nice guy, then all of a sudden, he's confronting everyone. So the f**k what if Shane has sex with Andrea? I mean seriously, if you are in that world, and you have just about anything in common with someone of the opposite sex, maybe even if you don't, you're gonna pair up. But Dale is mad!!! His little girl got soiled by Shane. WTF...just because he's an old ass doesn't mean all these younger people can't live. Then he's gonna confront Shane, like he has some proof about Otis? Ok he was right, but that's a pretty big accusation to make, oh, I forgot it's because he saw Shane with Rick in his sights. Ok. Stupid.

And now my biggest complaint that others have brought up before and I kinda didn't agree, but now I am on board. Rick and Lori... 062802puke_prv.gif I am so sick of both of them. I don't know if its the acting, the writing, the directing...or a combo of all three. But did anyone not figure out Lori would take the pills and then immediately throw them up? I mean, I like to think I can figure out plots and scenes ahead of time, but this episode was just so freaking predictable.

And now, to replace the long bed side scenes with Carl, we have the long Rick and Lori scenes that make me want to see them both get eaten alive. They are so long and annoying I can't stand them. I can't stand the way they talk, the words they say, and I just am starting to not care. I think they have went just a little overboard on character development when you want to see just about every one but Daryl killed!

And sure....I am positive, Rick would just say, oh, you f'd my best friend, no problem. We're cool. I mean, I am not saying it's not an understandable thing, but come on??? Any man who has ever had a girl friend or wife and you're reading this, do you think you'd be like....ok cool.

Rick and Lori's scenes are just almost unwatchable. 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif 062802puke_prv.gif

I know some like the character development. And I like good character development myself, that's what makes a show great, but at this point, like I said, I think they have gone a little too far. I am so sick of all these people I can't stand it.

I am sick of them, the decisions they make, the things they say, the things they don't say. How this show gets the ratings it does is a miracle.

Just imagine...just for a second, that the writers of Breaking Bad wrote this. Ok...now welcome back to a mediocre at best show, TWD. Seriously, I bet we could get 4 or 5 of us who have posted to this thread and come up with a better story line and dialogue than this.

Of course as others have said, I will still watch. I still hope it gets better. And part of me likes it, but that's more because I like the scenario they are in. But overall, like my REEEEAAALLLLYYY LONG AND BORING REVIEWS, this show is getting reaaaaallllyyy loooonnnngggg and boring. comp26.gif

One problem is not a lack of action but a lack of movement forward. Sure we're getting lots of dialogue and lots of character interactions but nothing is really happening because they're literally sitting still at that house. They're not moving and the show isn't moving. The Macguffin of the little girl disappearing in order to have the gang stop hasn't worked...even the old homeowner is saying/asking, "I guess you'll be moving on soon?".

In this shows case in particular I think that flashbacks and moving across the surreal empty American landscape PLUS dialogue and interactions would be a more interesting way to flesh out these characters and make a more interesting show rather than hunkering down at that house.

I enjoyed this weeks episode. I thought it had some decent character development. Plus, more zombies getting their heads blown off is never a bad thing 1022.gif

I just know before the group leaves the farm that the barn that has the zombies locked in it is gonna get torched.

QUOTE (theredtamasrule @ Nov 22 2011, 09:37 AM)
One problem is not a lack of action but a lack of movement forward. Sure we're getting lots of dialogue and lots of character interactions but nothing is really happening because they're literally sitting still at that house. They're not moving and the show isn't moving. The Macguffin of the little girl disappearing in order to have the gang stop hasn't worked...even the old homeowner is saying/asking, "I guess you'll be moving on soon?".

In this shows case in particular I think that flashbacks and moving across the surreal empty American landscape PLUS dialogue and interactions would be a more interesting way to flesh out these characters and make a more interesting show rather than hunkering down at that house.

goodpost.gif

I couldn't agree more. Especially on the moving thru the "death"scape and the flashback scenes. If anything....MORE FLASHBACKS TO WHEN THINGS STARTED TO GO WRONG.

QUOTE (Invisible To Telescopic Eye @ Nov 23 2011, 05:57 AM)
Finally saw the last episode and thought it was pretty good. I don't have anything to complain about except they still haven't found that stupid kid and where the hell is she?

I think the kid has been turned into zombie food at this point.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Nov 23 2011, 09:52 AM)
Finally saw the last episode and thought it was pretty good. I don't have anything to complain about except they still haven't found that stupid kid and where the hell is she?

***Spoiler***

I just don't think so or they wouldn't have let it go so long....UNLESS...they are gonna go with a WTF moment and encounter her as a zombie. Actually, that is the most predictable idea to end an episode with a WTF moment of seeing her as a zombie so you might be right!!!! This thing seems to be more predictable by the episode. schla03.gif

HOPEFULLY, there will be some tremendous reason they have kept it up in the air for so long. Maybe the writers just forgot about her. confused13.gif

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 24 2011, 01:50 AM)

***Spoiler***

I just don't think so or they wouldn't have let it go so long....UNLESS...they are gonna go with a WTF moment and encounter her as a zombie. Actually, that is the most predictable idea to end an episode with a WTF moment of seeing her as a zombie so you might be right!!!! This thing seems to be more predictable by the episode. schla03.gif

HOPEFULLY, there will be some tremendous reason they have kept it up in the air for so long. Maybe the writers just forgot about her. confused13.gif

I think this whole "searching for the kid" thing is being stretched out to allow these dramatic moments to occur. They can't really happen when the characters are constantly on the move, and the writers probably want a chance to flesh out the characters more (not that any of us care, but I digress...).

I've given up hope that they are going to leave this farm any time this season. In the season finale, they will find the girl as a zombie and have to kill her, thus causing a huge dramatic moment, and then start moving again during season 3.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Nov 24 2011, 07:52 AM)
QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 24 2011, 01:50 AM)

***Spoiler***

I think this whole "searching for the kid" thing is being stretched out to allow these dramatic moments to occur. They can't really happen when the characters are constantly on the move, and the writers probably want a chance to flesh out the characters more (not that any of us care, but I digress...).

I've given up hope that they are going to leave this farm any time this season. In the season finale, they will find the girl as a zombie and have to kill her, thus causing a huge dramatic moment, and then start moving again during season 3.

goodpost.gif I agree.

SPOILERS

C'mon you had to know she was coming out at the end? That was the most obvious & dramatic way to wrap up the mid-season finale. Didn't expect the Leader to cap her but still, you had to see it coming.

Re: Old Man That Owns Farm. What a total and gigantic dumbass and what an impossible to believe character. For one, he thinks walkers are still people that can be healed so he hoards them him in his barn and yet he takes real live people and kicks them off of his farm to fend for themselves against...walkers? Ridiculous.

Re: Old Bearded Man. He's the opposite of interesting. Leader's Brother should have done away with him if he's really snapping like they want us to believe he is.

Re: Leader's Brother. They want us to think he's snapping under the pressure of knowing that he's the father of the Leader's Wife's baby and shooting that old dude in the knee so he could get away...but we all know that having a smoking hot blonde that gets aroused by killing walkers is a sure fire way to take the edge off.

***SPOILERS***

Finally we find out where Sophia was. Was it worth the wait? I think it was. As much as I have been ripping on the show, I think waiting for her made complete sense and was a perfect ending for the midseason finale. I had no idea up until I heard that last growl in the barn that she was in there. So that was a good wtf moment. Even though I think I should have seen it coming especially when the kid said to Hershel "it happened again" and then they found those 2 in the swamp. Then when he said Otis used to do it, it made perfect sense that no one knew she was in the barn. So, all that wait for Sophia...worth it IMO. Especially because there was a reason for her to be missing that long AND for them not to know she was in the barn made sense. Just think, all that time she was so close yet so far!

Now for more beathorse.gif

That said, the director and writers plain suck as far as setting up scenes and dialogue. The show is still so damn slow. The scenes are set up so annoyingly. Like Lori, cutting up carrots out in the middle of the farm on a stump. You would never do that at camp. You'd definitely go to the middle of the farm. It's kinda stupid to complain about, but it's stupid scenes after scenes like that, that makes you want to hit ff.

And Dale's character is getting so annoying. How he thinks he's got Shane all figured out, which he does, but based on what? Why would he know for sure that Shane shot Otis. That's a pretty big thing to throw at someone on a hunch, especially if you think he is that cold blooded. When he was preaching to Andrea in the camper I wanted her to just shoot him.

I think the characters are so well developed that I am starting to dislike all of them!

The trailer at the end for the rest of the season looked great, but if the episodes are continually so boring, it's gonna be hard to watch. Hopefully the second half of the season will be more exciting or at the least, less looooonngggg boooorrrring scenes with baaad dialogue.

QUOTE (Presto_a RUSH fan_06-08-90 @ Nov 28 2011, 07:36 AM)
***SPOILERS***

Finally we find out where Sophia was.  Was it worth the wait?  I think it was.  As much as I have been ripping on the show, I think waiting for her made complete sense and was a perfect ending for the midseason finale. I had no idea up until I heard that last growl in the barn that she was in there.  So that was a good wtf moment.  Even though I think I should have seen it coming especially when the kid said to Hershel "it happened again" and then they found those 2 in the swamp.  Then when he said Otis used to do it, it made perfect sense that no one knew she was in the barn.  So, all that wait for Sophia...worth it IMO.  Especially because there was a reason for her to be missing that long AND for them not to know she was in the barn made sense.  Just think, all that time she was so close yet so far!

SPOILERS!!!!

Had me fooled too although should of seen it coming. At least we know what happened to Sophia and we can get on with something other than looking for her.

I actually was a little saddened to see her like that. Had hopes she'd be OK but that would have just prolonged the agony of looking for her every episode.

Edited by Invisible To Telescopic Eye