The Walking Dead

vital signz

QUOTE (nobodys hero @ Mar 11 2012, 09:07 PM)

Wow! Did NOT see that coming! I'm bummed as I really like how he and Rick played off each other, especially the last few episodes.

That was insane, but I kinda expected it because of the comics.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

SPOILER ALERT

GOD DAMMIT! The best character and actor (imho) has been killed off. He had so much more potential for conflict with Rick and the rest of the group. Shane could have been dealt with in Season 3 as he progresses to be more and more unstable, but now who will oppose Rick? It would have been much more interesting to see the two fight over the fatherhood of the baby after it was born. I agree that Rick had no other choice, but Shane was too good of a villian in this series and would be a great help in this final battle.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 11 2012, 10:22 PM)
SPOILER ALERT

GOD DAMMIT! The best character and actor (imho) has been killed off. He had so much more potential for conflict with Rick and the rest of the group. Shane could have been dealt with in Season 3 as he progresses to be more and more unstable, but now who will oppose Rick? It would have been much more interesting to see the two fight over the fatherhood of the baby after it was born. I agree that Rick had no other choice, but Shane was too good of a villian in this series and would be a great help in this final battle.

Rick's antagonist is already cast for next season.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 11 2012, 09:23 PM)
MORE SPOILERS

I'm slightly puzzled as to why Shane turned into a zombie. Was it because Rick used the same knife to kill one earlier and the blood from it changed him?

No, I think it's because anybody who dies and still has their brain in tact becomes a zombie. They don't have to be killed by one to comeback as one. That's why Dale never came back because he got shot in the head.

Still, Shane came back pretty damn quick. It would've been better if they waited and had him join the zombie herd that's closing in on the farm. I'm worried about Daryl and Glenn, did they make it out of the woods yet?

Edited by J2112YYZ

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 11 2012, 10:37 PM)
Well in the preview, Daryl is driving a motorcycle. I assume he'll be alright.

When else has a zombie come back to life without being bit? So far Shane & Randall are the only two that ever have.

All dead people become zombies, you don't have to be bit by a zombie to be a zombie.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 11 2012, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 11 2012, 10:22 PM)
SPOILER ALERT

Rick's antagonist is already cast for next season.

Have you read the comics...I'm anxious to see if it'll be the same.

QUOTE (ReRushed @ Mar 11 2012, 10:41 PM)

When else has a zombie come back to life without being bit? So far Shane & Randall are the only two that ever have.

All dead people become zombies, you don't have to be bit by a zombie to be a zombie.

Yes...wonder if they will ever explain how it is happening?

QUOTE (Khan @ Mar 12 2012, 10:30 AM)

I'm not sure they will. A guy I work with has been reading the comics and while the storylines on the show have differed a lot, they still haven't found out what's causing the dead to rise.

I'm not sure if the show will decide to reveal what it is, but I think it would be cool if the cause of it remains a mystery for however long the show is on for.

Also, Lori is absolutely the worst mother ever. While Rick is out she should have Carl on lockdown, yet he somehow made it into the woods to see what Rick did to Shane. I hope Lori gets killed because her character isn't doing a damn thing or making a difference at all.

QUOTE (Khan @ Mar 12 2012, 07:30 AM)

Spoiler*

I think it is pretty clear now what Dr. Jenner had whispered into Rick's ear at the end of the Season 1 before the CDC blew up. Everyone is already infected. This would explain why both of them came back as zombies after being killed and why Dr. Jenner had no hope of finding a cure.

QUOTE (J2112YYZ @ Mar 11 2012, 07:19 PM)
I did see it coming. The way Rick looked at Shane when he was following him in the woods told me what he was planning to do. I'm not sure how anybody could miss that.

I'm not talking about last night's episode, I mean in general. To me they were 2 key players and the tension between the two of them in the episodes was great. I surely didn't expect 2 actors in 2 weeks.

Shane was one of the best defenders of the group they have, which makes me wonder why they wrote him off! Now Darrell and Rick are the only 2 tough guys left and Rick gets wishy-washy. Glenn, black guy(don"t know his name) and Hershel are not gonna be much help, but I guess it sets up the storyline for the season finale.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Mar 12 2012, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (Khan @ Mar 12 2012, 07:30 AM)

Spoiler*

I think it is pretty clear now what Dr. Jenner had whispered into Rick's ear at the end of the Season 1 before the CDC blew up. Everyone is already infected. This would explain why both of them came back as zombies after being killed and why Dr. Jenner had no hope of finding a cure.

That's pretty cool. That'll certainly continue to add to the zombie count.

QUOTE (Union 5-3992 @ Mar 11 2012, 09:23 PM)
MORE SPOILERS

I'm slightly puzzled as to why Shane turned into a zombie. Was it because Rick used the same knife to kill one earlier and the blood from it changed him?

No, that's from the comic. all dead with intact brains will become zombies. the parasite/virus/whatever is everywhere at this point. but latent in the living. you can become infected by a zombie to make it active. then you get a fever, die, and come back. but if you just die, then latent virus will become active.

it was foreshadowed when rick saw those two guards and mentioned that there were no bite marks, remember?

Edited by furie

I predict that there will be a massive showdown at the farm next week between the group and zombies. Hershel and family (excluding Maggie) will all be killed and the group will finally relocate and move on. I don't foresee any more main characters dying this season.

Shane getting killed was a shock. He was the only real point of tension within the group, and they just got rid of him. I think Rick's chat with Carl was very telling...basically telling him (and us) that everyone on the show is going to die at some point during the series.

I hope Daryl's last.

QUOTE (GrandDesigner @ Mar 12 2012, 04:42 PM)
I predict that there will be a massive showdown at the farm next week between the group and zombies. Hershel and family (excluding Maggie) will all be killed and the group will finally relocate and move on. I don't foresee any more main characters dying this season.

Shane getting killed was a shock. He was the only real point of tension within the group, and they just got rid of him. I think Rick's chat with Carl was very telling...basically telling him (and us) that everyone on the show is going to die at some point during the series.

I hope Daryl's last.

You predict? I'm sure it's a certainty. And I agree, but I'm sure another slightly large character might die. Maybe Maggie or Glen (so the other can be torn up about it next season). Likely T-Dog, grey haired woman, Hershel, and the rest of Hershel's family. Now that Shane's gone, I'm going to Team Daryl. He's the only character that would be perfectly fine on his own. He is completely self reliant. I'm sure he'll go a ways.

**Spoiler**

I love the fact that, with losing two main characters (Dale and Shane), we now know one thing for certain...

...none of the characters are safe.

Anyone can be next...it adds to the tension of the show.

There are a few things to look forward to...

1: The mass of zombies that were walking towards the farm at the end of this week's episode.

2: The 30 "bad guys" that are located about five miles away from the farm that also pose a threat to the group.

3: Now there will be a power struggle within the group to see who is the leader...Rick or Darrell.

This being said, the last three episodes are definitely making me eat my words about this season being "about as exciting as watching grass grow".

In this case, I love having been proved wrong.

Now, if only some zombies would eat that annoying little Carl.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7002/6423542987_d5423357b2_o.jpg

Now that I think about it, part of me can't help but wonder if some in the group are immune to the infection.

Take T-Dogg for example (is that even his character's real name?). He had an infection and bad fever earlier in the season and was able to overcome it using antibiotics Darryl had been saving from his brother's stash. Perhaps he overcame the zombie infection and that whole debilitation in the first half of the season served a purpose other than to make us forget he was in the cast?

I really feel like there is a latent infection in all of the group members that slowly kills the person. Perhaps it had been working on T-Dogg but the antibiotics forced it back, and perhaps Shane had been slowly succumbing to the infection which led to his increasingly hostile actions.

QUOTE (Ultra @ Mar 12 2012, 05:59 PM)
Now that I think about it, part of me can't help but wonder if some in the group are immune to the infection.

Take T-Dogg for example (is that even his character's real name?). He had an infection and bad fever earlier in the season and was able to overcome it using antibiotics Darryl had been saving from his brother's stash. Perhaps he overcame the zombie infection and that whole debilitation in the first half of the season served a purpose other than to make us forget he was in the cast?

I really feel like there is a latent infection in all of the group members that slowly kills the person. Perhaps it had been working on T-Dogg but the antibiotics forced it back, and perhaps Shane had been slowly succumbing to the infection which led to his increasingly hostile actions.

That's exactly what happened to T-Dog. He gashed his arm and it started bleeding heavily - as situation that will attract zombies. They gave him antibiotics and his arm healed. Simple. I don't think there's anymore to it.

Whatever is doing this is in the air. Dead people turn into zombies. That's all.