The Walking Dead

vital signz

I think the show is starting to lose me.

Two episodes of "who the hell cares" and if I was supposed to learn something in them, then I must have missed it.

Both episodes served their purpose though. Last week was to introduce the new community, Ezekiel and show us what happened with Morgan and Carol. It also provided a bit levity after how heavy the season premiere. This week was about Negan trying to break down Daryl and to show us how Negan runs his community. It's really not that hard to figure out what they were doing with each episode.

Now, I really don't care about Dwight. Even after the telling of a bit of his backstory last night, I never cared about the guy since he first showed up and I doubt I ever will. The scenes with Negan was the best thing about it. We need more focus on him from now on.

Yeah but it was f***ing boring!

I couldn't wait for last nights episode to be over.

Bleh.

If you're still watching the show, you should be used to slow, boring episodes that drag the story out at this point. It's one of the main things it does.

I will always feel sad that I won't ever like this show the way I LOVE the comics.

I don't like it at all...I've tried and tried...

Oddly enough I enjoyed Fear The Walking Dead. I think I'm crazy.

I will always feel sad that I won't ever like this show the way I LOVE the comics.

I watched the first 4 episodes of Fear and didn't like it. I wanted all of them to be eaten.

• Like 1

I watched the first 4 episodes of Fear and didn't like it. I wanted all of them to be eaten.

I found that part of the charm.

I live in hope haha

4 Episodes???????????????

I felt that way after 16 minutes

• Like 1

4 Episodes???????????????

I felt that way after 16 minutes

I rented two DVDs right off the bat. Each DVD had two episodes. I didn't like it after the first episode BUT since I had already paid...

FTWD is terrible in comparison. I was excited when they first announced the spin off. It had so much possibility. The show is a big disappointment. I don't like any of the main characters - I am always cheering for them to meet their demise. Like when the kid was killed YES! He was so annoying. I am still a big fan of the Walking Dead. Some episodes are not so great but overall I find it very entertaining.

I liked last night's episode. More Negan is always a plus. I'm sure Rick is planning something and is just playing along with Negan for now. He did break Rick but obviously he has not lost his balls completely given what he said to that guy who talked shit about Glenn and Abe. I loved that they allowed Negan to say that line to Rick before he left just like he did in the comic. So, why can't they let him use the F word like he does in the comic then? Maybe that's coming.

This scene is unbelievable. In a bad way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUOCAtjn574&sns=em

After all that had already happened to these characters for 6+ seasons including the recent pummelings of Abraham and Glenn, there's no reason for Carl (or Rick) not to have shot Negan. It makes no sense. They both know that handing over the gun will be horrible. Carl and Rick know that by shooting Negan point blank in the chest that....HE'LL BE DEAD!!!! They've killed so easily in the past. Killed less threatening people. Killed with lesser weapons. Killed people in their sleep. So why would they pussy out in murdering Negan (their deadliest and most hated adversary) now when it's so easy? It just doesn't make sense.

• Like 1

After all that had already happened to these characters for 6+ seasons including the recent pummelings of Abraham and Glenn, there's no reason for Carl (or Rick) not to have shot Negan. It makes no sense. They both know that handing over the gun will be horrible. Carl and Rick know that by shooting Negan point blank in the chest that....HE'LL BE DEAD!!!! They've killed so easily in the past. Killed less threatening people. Killed with lesser weapons. Killed people in their sleep. So why would they pussy out in murdering Negan (their deadliest and most hated adversary) now when it's so easy? It just doesn't make sense.

I agree! Or they could have shot him when he was standing outside the gate waiting for them to open. I think they would survive in there. Negan and his gang did not get Rick and his gang before they was outside the gates!

But I guess they are just building it up. I loved last episode tho!

Agreed.

What makes it even worse is that it's patently obvious that without Negan the Saviours would be much less threatening....he is the head of the snake, and for the main characters not to realise that is simply unbelievable.

• Like 1

Negan is an annoying t**t.....he'd have had his head kicked in in Scotland the minute he started one of his boring monologues.

I almost think that someone that annoying with the monologues wouldn't survive in post-apocalyptic zombie planet. It's not like anyway has the time or patience to put up with such crap. Him and his "Give me everything you have and we won't kill you." Everybody that survived up to that point must've been kicking ass whether it be zombies or human enemies.

Agreed.

What makes it even worse is that it's patently obvious that without Negan the Saviours would be much less threatening....he is the head of the snake, and for the main characters not to realise that is simply unbelievable.

Yup, there's that. AND the simple point of vengeance. There, Carl's an angry teenager who's seen his close friends murdered before his eyes by a cold, calculating, merciless villain. But when that WEAPONLESS villain says that he "won't stand for it", Carl hands over the weapon to his dad?! Why?! How?! Negan had nothing. Then, his dad hands it over to Negan?! Bull-shit. Poor poor scene and character motivations.

• Like 1

So, Carl is supposed to kill Negan right away and completely end the whole story right away and not let it develop? Man you guys are impatient :cool:

They risk of the saviours killing more of their people by taking Negan out. Rick is going along with this because he doesn't want to lose anyone else. Let's say Carl kills Negan, then the saviours will kill Carl and maybe Michonne. That's not something Rick is willing to take a chance on. It's best for him to go along with what Negan wants then to lose more loved ones.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

So, Carl is supposed to kill Negan right away and completely end the whole story right away and not let it develop? Man you guys are impatient :cool:

They risk of the saviours killing more of their people by taking Negan out. Rick is going along with this because he doesn't want to lose anyone else. Let's say Carl kills Negan, then the saviours will kill Carl and maybe Michonne. That's not something Rick is willing to take a chance on. It's best for him to go along with what Negan wants then to lose more loved ones.

I'm saying it goes against what a teenage Carl would do in that situation. He's fought a lot. He's young yet he's killed already so killing someone as vile as Negan wouldn't be something that he would be hesitating on. He's feeling vengeance on top of it all.

Then, going along with Negan isn't what's best. Rick did go along and obeyed and Abraham and Glen are dead. He did go along and he nearly chopped off Carl's hand. He has gone along and it's gotten them to where they are.

What happens if they killed Negan? ----> The rest of the Saviors are nothing because Negan ruled with such an iron fist.

Screw the show. I'm saying the writers are writing these guys out of character. It'd be like Captain America being written as a cursing, giggolo drunk pacifist. Ok yeah, that's a weird if not stupid comparison but my point is: characters written out of character.

• Like 1

I know they can't rush the story they're going with, it just feels weird seeing the guy that once bit someone's throat out being such a puss now. This is the most frustrating show I watch, but I don't hate it. Edited by Stormtron
  • Like 1

I know they can't rush the story they're going with, it just feels weird seeing the guy that once bit someone's throat out being such a puss now. This is the most frustrating show I watch, but I don't hate it.

The throat biting is one of the things I was thinking of when I wrote what I did a couple of posts ago. Now in that scene when Carl actually has got the advantage BIG TIME Rick's going to hand over a gun so easily? No. Furthermore, Rick wasn't sobbing when the Governor chopped off Hershel's head off. And even before that, he rammed that machete in that one prison inmate's head while cockily saying "Shit happens". How could Rick have been tougher in the past when his experiences were less and less intense. It's not the same character. Negan wouldn't have been able to change him THAT fast especially given that the Abraham & Glenn scene was the first true encounter. Bad writing.

• Like 2

Negan's goal in the season premiere was to break Rick's spirit and that's exactly what happened. Rick isn't the same person now because no one ever broke him like that before. Rick is lost and doesn't know how to react to this turn of events. I didn't think they were being too vague with it, so I don't understand why it seems so hard for some of you to get that?

Rick will come back around, he just needs a chance for that fire to come back. He's still grieving over the loss of Glenn and Abe which is also playing a huge part in him losing his balls for the time being.

Rick was in no position to kill Negan, or to allow Carl to kill him. As far as he knows, all of Negan's people are 100% behind Negan, and killing him would have brought the wrath of the Saviors down upon Alexandria. When we see what is happening with Daryl and Dwight, and Dwight's ex-wife, we are seeing the very beginnings of dissent in the Saviors' camp. Edited by Maverick
  • Like 1

Rick's a mass murderer. I can't imagine a mass murderer sobbing after all the other loved ones he's seen killed in front of him before. I can't imagine him cracking THAT soon after meeting Negan. It was like 5 minutes. Literally. We saw Darryl take a swing at Negan during that execution scene. None of the other hard ass heroes would've?! No, I'm not buying it.

And I'm not buying that scene with Carl and the gun that I've already shown. I've already explained my ideas on that too.

• Like 2

I agree. To add to what you said, they still haven't learned anything from their past mistakes. They didn't come back and hide their guns? Burn the inventory papers? Stash some food? Just leave it all in place so the bad guys can come and take it? And yeah, you lost two guys. But you have a fortified stronghold and are well armed. Daryl or no Daryl, if I am in charge, when Negan gets there to take "half my shit" he would have be met with brutal force.

6 years into a post apocalypse and they have not learned a f***ing thing.

The writing has gotten bad and the story is painfully slow and depressing. Even my wife seems to be tiring of it. Another week of watching Negan walk all over everyone and them just taking it might spell the end of the series for me.

• Like 1

Let me get this correct. Last season on the Season finale the entire gang hopped into an RV, only to get stopped by Negan's men multiple times on the 'DRIVE' to Hilltop.

This season, Enid and Carl, roller skate and Walk to Hilltop in less than 12 hours.

(Sun was up when they left, and was still up when they arrived)

No continuity mistake there.

What a horrible episode

Let me get this correct. Last season on the Season finale the entire gang hopped into an RV, only to get stopped by Negan's men multiple times on the 'DRIVE' to Hilltop.

This season, Enid and Carl, roller skate and Walk to Hilltop in less than 12 hours.

What a horrible episode

Well to be fair, Negan was't looking for Carl and Enid like he was looking for Rick and crew last season.

But yeah, the whole roller skating to Hilltop to kill Negan thing was pretty stupid.

• Like 1

What a horrible episode

Well to be fair, Negan was't looking for Carl and Enid like he was looking for Rick and crew last season.

But yeah, the whole roller skating to Hilltop to kill Negan thing was pretty stupid.

Garbage. What were the writers thinking?! Sounds like a Superfriends episode in which The Wonder Twins take on the villain...Zan in the form of frozen ice skates on Jana's feet (now in the form of a kangaroo)

• Like 2