The Walking Dead

vital signz

I am watching the Telltale Walking Dead video game playthrough's on YouTube.

Honestly? A much better "show" than the actual show. I am finding it very moving...oddly enough.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

6 years into a post apocalypse and they have not learned a f***ing thing.

Actually it probably hasn't been much more than 2 years show time according to people who've calculated. This lack of time passing when Carl has clearly aged is among the most annoying things about this show since it could easily be remedied with a line or 2 of dialogue or a scene of exposition every once in a while.

Actually it probably hasn't been much more than 2 years show time according to people who've calculated. This lack of time passing when Carl has clearly aged is among the most annoying things about this show since it could easily be remedied with a line or 2 of dialogue or a scene of exposition every once in a while.

Another good reason to kill off Carl !

If you were one of the writers what kind of exposition would you use to explain Carl and time and all that?

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

If you were one of the writers what kind of exposition would you use to explain Carl and time and all that?

One of the early seasons implied a fair amount of time passing from season finale to season premiere. Not sure why they don't do more of that. I should've said Carl and Judith. He ages, she doesn't. There's no reason why she can't be a couple years older by now so that Carl's age would be more in line with how he looks. Even the Daryl torture episode makes no sense. He's that hungry for dog food after what, 3 days or whatever?

One of the early seasons implied a fair amount of time passing from season finale to season premiere. Not sure why they don't do more of that. I should've said Carl and Judith. He ages, she doesn't. There's no reason why she can't be a couple years older by now so that Carl's age would be more in line with how he looks. Even the Daryl torture episode makes no sense. He's that hungry for dog food after what, 3 days or whatever?

Yeah, that's just bad writing with Judith's immortal baby life and Carl's real world age progression.

As for Daryl's hunger for dog food after 3 days, all that previous comfy living and exquisite culinary delights in Alexandria got him to that point? No, I hear you.

• Like 1

It's been way more than 2 years. Pay attention

Lori thought Rick was dead. She Starting boning Shane, got pregnant, Rick returns, Lori then had Judith

That was minimum 9 months...

You mean to tell me the Farm/Prison/ Governor/ Terminus/ Battle the Hospital/ Alexandria/ Hilltop/ Negan storyline has only

been 13 months????

You sir are highly mistaken. ....Now who here hopes 37 year old Carl gets some of Enid before her roller skating ass gets eaten by a zombie??

Edited by Disembodied Spirit
  • Like 1

I am watching the Telltale Walking Dead video game playthrough's on YouTube.

Honestly? A much better "show" than the actual show. I am finding it very moving...oddly enough.

I played the first one and it was so good...better than the show has ever been. That ending!

I have the second one, but haven't gotten around to playing it. My kid has and told me it was good too.

yep as a big fan I have to admit the latest episode was bad in several ways. Disappointing. How do these writers not realize that things are implausible? I would think they would have a pretty hard story line in place but they are starting to fail. the "leader" of the Hilltop (forgot his name) is a weasel in the comics but he was way too "weasely' in that episode - to the point of being unbelievable.

Lori thought Rick was dead. She Starting boning Shane, got pregnant, Rick returns, Lori then had Judith

You mean to tell me the Farm/Prison/ Governor/ Terminus/ Battle the Hospital/ Alexandria/ Hilltop/ Negan storyline has only

been 13 months????

You sir are highly mistaken. ....Now who here hopes 37 year old Carl gets some of Enid before her roller skating ass gets eaten by a zombie??

You nut.

Actually, it'd probably be better if Carl didn't "get some". Keep it unconsummated but get real close...maybe a few minutes before some Savior whacks her OR some zombies bite her. Probably the latter maybe? Then they can have Carl crying and apologizing "I'm sorry Enid. I've loved you for more than 20 years even though I'm still written as junior high age. I should've gotten some of you" ((sob sob sob)) right before he knifes her in her walking dead brain.

• Like 1

been 13 months????

I'm not the one doing the calculating. This website lists the timeline as LESS than 2 years: http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_TV_Show_Timeline . Is Judith even walking yet? So while it feels like more time should realistically have passed given the events they're showing, Judith's age alone implies a 24 or so month max.

been 13 months????

I'm not the one doing the calculating. This website lists the timeline as LESS than 2 years: http://walkingdead.w...V_Show_Timeline . Is Judith even walking yet? So while it feels like more time should realistically have passed given the events they're showing, Judith's age alone implies a 24 or so month max.

I might be more like 2 weeks, It never gets cold or snows.

And yes. It gets very cold and snows in Georgia, and the trees are brown for 6 months

been 13 months????

I'm not the one doing the calculating. This website lists the timeline as LESS than 2 years: http://walkingdead.w...V_Show_Timeline . Is Judith even walking yet? So while it feels like more time should realistically have passed given the events they're showing, Judith's age alone implies a 24 or so month max.

And yes. It gets very cold and snows in Georgia, and the trees are brown for 6 months

I would love to see a spin off that takes place in Canada. How are people who live up in the great white north surviving this thing? Obviously killing zombies would be easier. Due to lack of blood flow they would freeze very easily and it would take no effort to kill them. The bigger issue would be how to get by without heat.

• Like 1

been 13 months????

I would love to see a spin off that takes place in Canada. How are people who live up in the great white north surviving this thing? Obviously killing zombies would be easier. Due to lack of blood flow they would freeze very easily and it would take no effort to kill them. The bigger issue would be how to get by without heat.

"Freezing very easily due to lack of blood flow" reasoning is reasonable but can't be applied in this fantastical world. Some of these zombies haven't eaten any flesh in months or years yet they're still walking around. <---- These undead should be "dead" since they're not consuming anything to power themselves. Then, there are the undead that do eat often. <----Now these guys' stomachs should have exploded with undigested flesh since their digestive systems wouldn't work. It'd just be flesh going down their throats and into their stomachs and piling up until it finally explodes from the inside out. The rest of the zombies should have stomachs that are bloated with flesh and are ABOUT TO explode. THAT weight alone would slow them down too. Soooooo, since "they" aren't playing by the rules of reason/science/whatever to begin with, "freezing very easily" in the Great White North wouldn't have to happen.

An article that gets into why TWD ratings are dropping:

http://comicbook.com...ings-dropping-/

Spot on. Too many story arc's and the story is very dark, moving too slowly and leaving too much in the air all at the same time. It is not fun viewing anymore.

If the show doesn't do something outstanding in the next two episodes before the break, I may quit on it all together. Actually,I am not really sure what they could do at this point to pique my interest. They have beaten our heroes down so far that any come back now would seem so far fetched that it would be laughable and I don't think another "who's going to get it" cliffhanger would be a good idea either. The writers may have hosed the story beyond all repair.

Because of all the jerking the fans around with Glenn's fake death then the ridiculous "cliffhanger" last season I said "f**k you" to this show. It has become a very slow funeral dirge to nowhere and merely ratcheting up the violence can't maintain my interest without a good story and these showrunners (Gimple, Kirkman, etc. ) simply don't have the chops to tell a compelling story. Or at least they don't seem interested in trying.
  • Like 1

Because of all the jerking the fans around with Glenn's fake death then the ridiculous "cliffhanger" last season I said "f**k you" to this show. It has become a very slow funeral dirge to nowhere and merely ratcheting up the violence can't maintain my interest without a good story and these showrunners (Gimple, Kirkman, etc. ) simply don't have the chops to tell a compelling story. Or at least they don't seem interested in trying.

In previous seasons I would have argued with you but now, I cannot.

Watching Tara jiggle saved the last episode.

It seems like she's gotten more robust since her first days holding up in that apartment with her family.

Alanna Masterson has responded.

:LOL:

That's funny because I haven't even seen the episode. Last time I saw her, she looked alright...and more robust than those first days. I'm guessing she still looks decent.

Watching Tara jiggle saved the last episode.

It seems like she's gotten more robust since her first days holding up in that apartment with her family.

Alanna Masterson has responded.

:LOL:

That's funny because I haven't even seen the episode. Last time I saw her, she looked alright...and more robust than those first days. I'm guessing she still looks decent.

I think she's adorable.