The Walking Dead

vital signz

I was talking about the show with my brother last night and I came up with a thought that maybe both Glenn and Maggie get whacked by Negan. He kills Glenn first and then Maggie becomes so hysterical that it pisses him off and he takes her out just so she'll be quiet.

They pissed me off a bit with the finale but the speculation as to what happens next has been fun to discuss.

• Like 2

I was talking about the show with my brother last night and I came up with a thought that maybe both Glenn and Maggie get whacked by Negan. He kills Glenn first and then Maggie becomes so hysterical that it pisses him off and he takes her out just so she'll be quiet.

They pissed me off a bit with the finale but the speculation as to what happens next has been fun to discuss.

^^THIS may be the best case scenario.

Negan is not the Governor or Terminus. That being said, he will be around for awhile. Maggie and Glenn have no useful skills. With her being pregnant she will be in bed for 9 months, and we already went through that. No need for another child to be introduced. Plus we know from a production standpoint, Negan and Dwight have been signed for 2 seasons. You can't keep adding actors, paying them and have them not on screen.

SAFE: Rick, Carl, Daryl

ON THE BUBBLE : Michone, Abraham, Eugene, Maggie, Glenn

NO ONE CARES; Aaron, Sasha, Rosita

Let's work our way backwards, Aaron, Sasha and Rosita are not the payoff we have been promised. Plus 2 episodes later, you would have forgotten who they even were.

This list> Michone, Abraham, Eugene, Maggie, Glenn is the most logical. People who have been around awhile and you have grown to love/hate, I believe the person is from this list. I personally don't think Eugene will go. The 'we can make bullets' scene was not shot just to lose it. I think Eugene is the safest on this list. He also looks the least threatening from Negan's POV.

Michone is the wild card, but TV is huge on diversity and I think that keeps her safe from a production standpoint

Abraham IS a soldier. So why would Negan kill him? He's got hundreds of guys. Maybe he wants a Team Leader? Maybe Abraham who has questioned Rick's leadership in the past , might defect to Negan's group rather easily. Soldiers like structure. Rick's group has none. Negan's group is very organized. ...just a reverse thought..he can help them more easily then...

Glenn and Maggie....She is useless because she is sick...and he is useless because he is blinded by love.

It's Glenn or Maggie or BOTH IMO

• Like 2

Negan is not the Governor or Terminus. That being said, he will be around for awhile. Maggie and Glenn have no useful skills. With her being pregnant she will be in bed for 9 months, and we already went through that. No need for another child to be introduced. Plus we know from a production standpoint, Negan and Dwight have been signed for 2 seasons. You can't keep adding actors, paying them and have them not on screen.

Let's work our way backwards, Aaron, Sasha and Rosita are not the payoff we have been promised. Plus 2 episodes later, you would have forgotten who they even were.

This list> Michone, Abraham, Eugene, Maggie, Glenn is the most logical. People who have been around awhile and you have grown to love/hate, I believe the person is from this list. I personally don't think Eugene will go. The 'we can make bullets' scene was not shot just to lose it. I think Eugene is the safest on this list. He also looks the least threatening from Negan's POV.

Michone is the wild card, but TV is huge on diversity and I think that keeps her safe from a production standpoint

Abraham IS a soldier. So why would Negan kill him? He's got hundreds of guys. Maybe he wants a Team Leader? Maybe Abraham who has questioned Rick's leadership in the past , might defect to Negan's group rather easily. Soldiers like structure. Rick's group has none. Negan's group is very organized. ...just a reverse thought..he can help them more easily then...

Glenn and Maggie....She is useless because she is sick...and he is useless because he is blinded by love.

That's possible. But from a writing pov I think they'd want to explore one of the two mourning the slaughter of the other (and going a bit nuts)...in that case, I'd go with Glenn going mopey & crazy after pregnant Maggie's murder. My more likely scenario (IF we're talking about Glenn & Maggie leaving the show) would be for Maggie to get the bat THEN Glenn dying in some glorious half season ending. So by the start of the 2nd half of season 7 there's no longer any Glenn or Maggie. Besides, I think their double death by the bat would be a bit too cheeky (and lazy) on the writers' parts...I can imagine them thinking "Let's screw with the fans by killing BOTH of them".

Yeah, I'm sticking with my original pick of Abraham with Maggie as my second pick...but only one dies in the bat scene.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

That's possible. But from a writing pov I think they'd want to explore one of the two mourning the slaughter of the other (and going a bit nuts)...in that case, I'd go with Glenn going mopey & crazy after pregnant Maggie's murder. My more likely scenario (IF we're talking about Glenn & Maggie leaving the show) would be for Maggie to get the bat THEN Glenn dying in some glorious half season ending. So by the start of the 2nd half of season 7 there's no longer any Glenn or Maggie. Besides, I think their double death by the bat would be a bit too cheeky (and lazy) on the writers' parts...I can imagine them thinking "Let's screw with the fans by killing BOTH of them".

Yeah, I'm sticking with my original pick of Abraham with Maggie as my second pick...but only one dies in the bat scene.

I will look at it from the other angle. If Glenn gets the bat, Maggie will go a bit nuts and mental. She is already in a fragile state(Physically) make her more mental, and she was already headed to Hilltop. This way they can keep her at Hilltop in bed, and away from the rest of the main story for 6-8 episodes. And all of a sudden, BAM, we have a baby.

I think the season will be about splitting up the old gang.

We will have 5 communities. Hilltop, Alexandria, Negan's group, The Kingdom(Morgan/Carol/Hockey Guys) and..the road.

I think this group of 11..er...10.. will be divided up. And I think some will turn on Rick and voluntarily defect toward Negan's group.

That is the most realistic option. I'm going on record the fandom will HATE this season because of this fact, but in the long run, it will be whats best for some stale seasons at Alexandria

I will look at it from the other angle. If Glenn gets the bat, Maggie will go a bit nuts and mental. She is already in a fragile state(Physically) make her more mental, and she was already headed to Hilltop. This way they can keep her at Hilltop in bed, and away from the rest of the main story for 6-8 episodes. And all of a sudden, BAM, we have a baby.

I think the season will be about splitting up the old gang.

We will have 5 communities. Hilltop, Alexandria, Negan's group, The Kingdom(Morgan/Carol/Hockey Guys) and..the road.

I think this group of 11..er...10.. will be divided up. And I think some will turn on Rick and voluntarily defect toward Negan's group.

That is the most realistic option. I'm going on record the fandom will HATE this season because of this fact, but in the long run, it will be whats best for some stale seasons at Alexandria

Not sure what "most realistic option" specifically means.

Anyway yeah, the group will splinter (into those communities you mentioned) and there will be multiple storylines that we'll check in on every other week....I'm imagining along the lines of when they were all split up and trying to make it to Terminus. This is different of course but the method of storytelling is similar. That is, they don't have to be together for the show to work.

I may be naive as to how far this show would push the brutality in offing a pregnant Maggie at the bat of Negan (and yes, all killing of this ilk is brutality), but I see her life as safe but with a miscarriage from all this trauma.
  • Like 1

I may be naive as to how far this show would push the brutality in offing a pregnant Maggie at the bat of Negan (and yes, all killing of this ilk is brutality), but I see her life as safe but with a miscarriage from all this trauma.

That's a good guess too I think.

And you're right, it might be a bit too brutal even for TWD. Still though, they did have Rick & the gang murder a bunch of people in their sleep. Also, beheading captured, one-legged, old man Hershel was pretty raw too. Bludgeoning Maggie would be pushing it further but it's still in the ballpark when comparing it to where they've already gone.

• Like 1

And you're right, it might be a bit too brutal even for TWD. Still though, they did have Rick & the gang murder a bunch of people in their sleep. Also, beheading captured, one-legged, old man Hershel was pretty raw too. Bludgeoning Maggie would be pushing it further but it's still in the ballpark when comparing it to where they've already gone.

Or how bout the slitting of throats followed by aluminum bat to the head? That was brutal.

I may be naive as to how far this show would push the brutality in offing a pregnant Maggie at the bat of Negan

It didn't stop them doing it on Game of Thrones so I guess the bar's been moved that low already (although the book's as much to blame in that case, I guess).

Edited by willowroolz

Or how bout the slitting of throats followed by aluminum bat to the head? That was brutal.

That was just messed up. Ugh...after Terminus (sp?) I guess nothing should shock me.

I may be naive as to how far this show would push the brutality in offing a pregnant Maggie at the bat of Negan

It didn't stop them doing it on Game of Thrones so I guess the bar's been moved that low already (although the book's as much to blame in that case, I guess).

Yeah, if this was Game Of Thrones they wouldn't give a second thought to bashing in the skull of a pregnant Maggie.

That Terminus scene was brutal and shows that they can get away with some shit on the show. But the killing of Maggie may be more brutal in some ways because it involves the loss of an unborn child. People would be beyond pissed and that's why they should do it.

I like Maggie, I think Lauren Cohen is pretty hot when she's not in the walking dead world and can show her body better. As an actress, she's solid in enough in the role. Her character is a major one and the death would be big. But are tons of people gonna stop watching if she's gone? I don't think so. Her death would no doubt be a big blow to the show but it won't turn away a huge portion of the fan base.

Yeah, if this was Game Of Thrones they wouldn't give a second thought to bashing in the skull of a pregnant Maggie.

That Terminus scene was brutal and shows that they can get away with some shit on the show. But the killing of Maggie may be more brutal in some ways because it involves the loss of an unborn child. People would be beyond pissed and that's why they should do it.

I like Maggie, I think Lauren Cohen is pretty hot when she's not in the walking dead world and can show her body better. As an actress, she's solid in enough in the role. Her character is a major one and the death would be big. But are tons of people gonna stop watching if she's gone? I don't think so. Her death would no doubt be a big blow to the show but it won't turn away a huge portion of the fan base.

The killing of Maggie would be unforgivable in most peoples eyes.

Of course, Negan does not, may not, KNOW she is pregnant. Was this ever mentioned in the finale to him??? I can't remember

But Negan will be working very closely with some members of this group as time goes on.

If they follow the comic

The killing of Maggie would be unforgivable in most peoples eyes.

Of course, Negan does not, may not, KNOW she is pregnant. Was this ever mentioned in the finale to him??? I can't remember

But Negan will be working very closely with some members of this group as time goes on.

If they follow the comic

But they haven't followed the comic many times over. Really, almost anything goes with the show. The comic is another animal.

Though i'm sure parts of the comic will surface.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

Negan is the Stannis of TWD.

But in reality, Rick brought this on the group.

Strange, I don't recall Stannis completely changing GOT dynamic with his presence like Negan has. Not sure i've ever seen a character get introduced this deep into a show's run have this kind of impact on the overall landscape. It's like they've completely rebooted the series with Negan showing up.

Yeah, Rick brought this on himself. He needed to be humbled after they way he killed all those people who worked for Negan. He got to the point where he thought he was bulletproof and needed to be brought back down to earth. Rick is a worthless broken down minion working for Negan now.

That may have been the best episode they've ever done. I'm not sure what else you could have wanted from it?

Negan is the Stannis of TWD.

But in reality, Rick brought this on the group.

Strange, I don't recall Stannis completely changing GOT dynamic with his presence like Negan has. Not sure i've ever seen a character get introduced this deep into a show's run have this kind of impact on the overall landscape. It's like they've completely rebooted the series with Negan showing up.

Yeah, Rick brought this on himself. He needed to be humbled after they way he killed all those people who worked for Negan. He got to the point where he thought he was bulletproof and needed to be brought back down to earth. Rick is a worthless broken down minion working for Negan now.

That may have been the best episode they've ever done. I'm not sure what else you could have wanted from it?

It would have been cool if he actually made Rick go through cutting off Carl's arm.

:yes:

• Like 1

I don't read the comics but I have read that in the comics, Negan really becomes the focal character. It's like they recognized that the Rick story line had gone as far as it could and they needed a new strongman to come in, one that you are initially supposed to hate but eventually you will grow to love. Could Rick be relegated to a minor character roll? Is that where this is headed?

I don't read the comics but I have read that in the comics, Negan really becomes the focal character. It's like they recognized that the Rick story line had gone as far as it could and they needed a new strongman to come in, one that you are initially supposed to hate but eventually you will grow to love. Could Rick be relegated to a minor character roll? Is that where this is headed?

I haven't been interested in TWD for quite some time but my wife watches it and she had me watch the finale of last season along with the episode from last night. It reminded me why I've grown to hate the show.

If Negan is to become the main character, then the show has some really twisted morals that I can't relate to. As it currently is, last night's episode wasn't anything new IMO. Rick & Co. have once again been brought to their knees (literally this time) by a ruthless group of rival survivors where they lose one (or two) of their own. It reminds me of Days of Our Lives in that you can skip a season or two and nothing has changed. The group doesn't progress, they don't learn from their mistakes and the show continues to kill off characters that make it interesting. I used to think the show was about hope but now I think it's just a gratuitously gory soap opera.

Glenn's death was both pointless and gruesome to the point of being completely superfluous. All to provide added shock factor as the show continues to jump the shark.

I know that this is a thread populated by fans of the show, and at one time I used to be one of them. For those who like the show, carry on and ignore my posts.

Too much of everything.

I sincerely enjoyed this show for a long time. I defended the show.

Last night, I just didn't see a point.

Stuff over substance.

I won't say I dislike The Walking Dead. I just think it wore out its welcome.

I haven't been interested in TWD for quite some time but my wife watches it and she had me watch the finale of last season along with the episode from last night. It reminded me why I've grown to hate the show.

If Negan is to become the main character, then the show has some really twisted morals that I can't relate to. As it currently is, last night's episode wasn't anything new IMO. Rick & Co. have once again been brought to their knees (literally this time) by a ruthless group of rival survivors where they lose one (or two) of their own. It reminds me of Days of Our Lives in that you can skip a season or two and nothing has changed. The group doesn't progress, they don't learn from their mistakes and the show continues to kill off characters that make it interesting. I used to think the show was about hope but now I think it's just a gratuitously gory soap opera.

Glenn's death was both pointless and gruesome to the point of being completely superfluous. All to provide added shock factor as the show continues to jump the shark.

I know that this is a thread populated by fans of the show, and at one time I used to be one of them. For those who like the show, carry on and ignore my posts.

I don't think the show was ever about hope. I think it is trying to demonstrate to some degree that If the world suffered a real apocalypse, that the worst parts of humanity would flourish. In fact, ruthlessness would be required to survive.

The gore really doesn't look any different than what you would see in video footage from any modern war.

The other thing I think that makes this different is that, this new group will not be one that Rick and his crew rise up and conquer. This is not like any groups they have encountered in the past. I think the show has taken a serious left turn and if you don't watch again for 2 seasons you might return and find that everything has changed.

• Like 1

I do think the show is getting itself into trouble. I read comic episode #100 and they took Negan way farther last night then they did in the comics. They have quite a task on their hands in trying to make him likable.

Unless the plan is to have Rick eventually beat Negan's group and kill Negan but then the story is stale and repetitive and boring.