Expectations for Clockwork Angels

losingit2k

Rate your expectation  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your expectation

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well My expectation are always low, like that I'm never let down! However, after listening to BU2B and Caravan coupled with the fact that the album is a concept and now holds an Epic song!

My Expectations are High!

As Hell!

firedevil.gif

I gave it a 9.

I mean, my expectations are high, because as far as I'm concerned, they ALWAYS deliver.

Like I stated before, when S&A was first announced, I was highly anticipating it. Then, I heard the album, and was so disappointed because only Far Cry and The Larger Bowl were sounding great to me.

But after many listens over the next few months, it grew on me alot. Now, it is one of my favourite albums from them.

Then, these tracks came out. Off the first listens, I loved Caravan, and was unsure about BU2B. But again, after listening to BU2B a few times, it grew on me yet again, where now I think BU2B is definitely BETTER than Caravan!

So yeah...my expectations are high because I tend to like whatever they release. I don't expect it to be as "flawless" as Moving Pictures, but I sure as hell am confident they can put out another solid album, even in 2011. Also...these two songs give me lots of hope. 1022.gif

QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2010, 04:45 PM)
Based on the first 2 songs, I'm gonna give it a 4 and hope I'm wrong and the rest is much better. Sorry!

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/calcifer_photos/mob.gif

QUOTE (Kenneth @ Aug 25 2010, 07:53 PM)
QUOTE (rushgoober @ Aug 25 2010, 04:45 PM)
Based on the first 2 songs, I'm gonna give it a 4 and hope I'm wrong and the rest is much better.  Sorry!

http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac138/calcifer_photos/mob.gif

Wow...an emoticon for 'WITCH HUNT'!! biggrin.gif

Last time Rush released and Epic song was on Moving Pictures! Is it a coincidence we are listening to it for the first time prior to the next? I think not!

no.gif

I think they are picking up where the train switched tracks (back on Signals) and moving forward in a new direction!

yes.gif

As if Caravan wasn't epic enough..

I'll find it so cool if this news proves to be true, and I get the feeling that this epic is going to be purely for old times sake. And maybe it's even for fans who only like their old stuff, though that's kind of pointless, because most of those people will automatically reject any of their new work no matter what.. eyesre4.gif

So my expectations are high, even higher than they were before.. So pretty high. 10.

ok, after reading alex's description of the album in the other thread, maybe if i had to vote again i'd bump it up to a 4.5 or 5 expectation-wise. based on that description alone and the strength of a lot of S&A, my expectations would probably be more like a 7 or 7.5 if not for the fact that i'm not crazy about caravan and BU2B - that definitely puts a damper on expectations, but I guess that's good. better to be pleasantly surprised then bitterly disappointed. I've been both with Rush.

I voted a 7. Based on Caravan and BU2B, I'd give it a 5. But with the possibility of an epic, I have hope and thus bumped it up 2 notches.

Expectations are a tricky thing - they can really muck up a perfectly good album for you.

I try really hard to be open to what it is when I hear it. That being said, I'm getting really excited with the mentions in the press (and I really dig both new songs!) I think it will be really cool and new and unlike anything I've heard before - but probably continuing some of the feeling of recent works.

My expectation is that Rushgoober and trenken will HATE Clockwork Angels, and we'll be hearing a LOT from them when it's released. yes.gif tongue.gif

My personal expectation is about an 8 or 9. But I don't think CA will have a multi-part epic like 2112. I think it's going to be a collection of songs telling a story in the "steampunk" setting.

Archived