What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

NOT Lost in Translation (for once):

Towards the start of class, this 9th grader asks me if he could use the restroom. This being Japan, these kids ((and adults for that matter)) have little to no English so any use of the language is pretty appreciated ((by me anyway)). He goes, "Johnny-sensei, can I toilet?" I tell him, "Yes, of course." He comes back 5 minutes later, [alternating between rubbing his belly and clutching his hips] and says,"Very light. Slim! BECAUSE..." Knowing that the dude is the class clown and a bit raw, I cut him off and overexaggeratingly tell him, "NO! Don't say it!". Some laughter from the class. He says, "Okay" and goes back to his seat. On his way back to his desk he whispers to his buddy (though most of the class can still hear him) "I am kusaii [[meaning 'stinky/smelly']]. No no. I WAS kusaii." More laughter from the class. I call his name, "Koyama". He acknowledges with a "Hai." I tell him, "You are a sick little boy." More laughter from all. He smiles ear to ear and says,"Thank you very much." "No problem" I reply. All laughing. Funny kid.

:blaze:

This morning, won $2 on lottery scratch off ticket that I received for Valentines Day from one of my Staff.

then -

Walking back to work from picking up my lunch just now, I noticed a piece of paper smushed up in a snow curb. I did a double take, and bent down and picked it up and it was a filthy scrunched up $10 bill.

I just earned my lunch money back.

This is the kind of day I like :sundog:

:yay: Lucky you! :yay:

Moving out of my apartment is almost done!! One load of furniture, clean the place, and hand over the keys to the landlady.....

Gonna miss the landlady, though. She's smoking hot.....:(

I just got tickets for the Austin show! And a trip to TX to see family! It's going to be a great week and I'll see Rush with my brother! :haz:

Two things...

One: I scored 5th row tickets to the Alice Cooper concert coming to Beacon Theatre in New York City this summer.

Two: I was able to ride my bike for an hour yesterday...first time since re-injuring my knee, which I had suregery on.

Life is good!

• Like 1

Finding a way to situate my monitors so that I can hop on here without constantly being observed...

Also, hearing from a sweet Rush friend. :)

Thank you. :) It's nice to be here. Hoping I can drop by more often.

My 80 lb. Doberman laying against me tonight. She is such an amazing dog.

Hearing that Sheldon finally got a date for the TRF prom.

• Like 1

Got a text message from my mom yesterday that I am now an uncle to a niece by the name of Bailey Anton born at 8 lbs. and 2 oz.. Gongrats to my half sister and bro in law on their bundle of joy.

Sadly, I couldn't be there since they live out of state in Utah.

:clap: :clap: Congratulations! :clap: :clap: