What made your day today? v.2

1-0-0-1-0-0-1

To follow up, today I set up the appointment and will be getting a tour of the school tomorrow!

I'm in good standing, just have to prepare myself cosmetically! Have to look a bit presentable :D

Good luck! I hope it goes very well for you. Keep your confidence and remember all you have to offer.

And, I really hope you get your insomnia under control too. That is a very serious condition and can lead to very serious issues, as I'm sure you are aware.

On a light-hearted note, I notice your anime photo is drinking from a mug. Decaf, I hope. ;)

• Like 1

Notified this morning that I'm getting a bonus with Friday's paycheck. Then a few hours later, I got another e-mail informing me that I am also getting a significant (10%) raise!
  • Like 2

I went to the school today to sign up to volunteer, and the director got the impression that I was looking for employment... In other words, she thought of me to be quite professional! I can tell the she is very welcoming towards my work as an employee if we find I am a good fit... But she's only known me for 30 minutes and through my emails / phone calls about references and past experience... So she can't jump the gun yet, of course, not much basis to go on. But regardless, she likes me, I like the school, the job is in demand... It looks like even after all those years of hopelessness, I belong somewhere in life professionally... And that's just a top of the world feeling right there it is.

Kicked major ass in an exam today. It's a great feeling given that I've just been hoping to barely scrape by everything subject for the first time in my scolarly career. :D

Today was my first day at the school. Worked 9am - 2pm as an aide. It was fantastic. My kid, Raymond I believe (I said his name several times, it's just a name I haven't used before so I'm still uncertain each time I say it) was great. Some trouble with reading but he knew a lot about animals. All the kids I met were really responsive.

The staff, overall, thought I was great, and I, overall, thought the same ;)

I say overall because it's a big staff, there's an aide for every last kid. Some personalities are ones I don't mix with and I noticed that straight away, but there's still respect and friendliness regardless.

I'm overjoyed that this is a job, "it's too good to be true" feeling, but this is a crucial job that these kids need for the sake of their development and functioning in society.

The only problem I see is the schedule, 3 weeks of break per year (and they're paid days off). Definitely a real, full-time job, and I'm a college student still.

Going back this Wednesday, this time from 9am - 5pm.

Felt really good on my first 2 (of 7 this week) exams today :D

Great! Wishing you all the best with the rest of them :ebert:

My manager asked me today if I would be interested in training to become a backup Mission Director.

When I walked into this building 6 1/2 years ago for my interview, I was a history teacher, and I had no idea what telemetry was. Two crews, three job certifications, and six years later, and I'm asked to train to run the Ops Floor.

Hard work pays off.

So far (6 out of 7) I've felt great on every one.

Of course, the hardest one is last... Chemistry :scared:

Bit of a story here!

I was doing some waitressing at work, and was finishing that part of my shift and getting ready to put on my manager cap to finish off the night. There were a couple of guys that the bartender was serving, and I noticed their beers were empty and asked if they wanted more. When I came back with fresh, frothy beer, we started chatting - one of the guys wanted to know where I'd gotten the santa hat I was wearing ('tis the season, after all!). All of us staff had hats to wear, but no one else wanted to wear one, and had apparently been taking their hats home and leaving them there to get out of wearing them. (Bah humbug!)

After searching, I couldn't find any hats for them, and had to disappoint the boys, but then thought of a couple of hiding spots where hats could be stashed. Sure enough, I found a heap of 8 or so, and triumphantly took a couple over to them. They were thrilled, and we joked around a bit, and - and I kid you not - 'Tom Sawyer' started playing on the music system! I couldn't miss this rare Rushyness, and with a big grin, I pointed up in the vague direction of the music speakers and said, "Hey, I love this song!" The boys agreed with my sentiment.

After a bit more chatting, I wished them both a very Merry Christmas, at which point one of the boys asked to see the general manager. I sent him over, and apparently they were very enthusiastic in their praise for me. They left shortly after. About 20 minutes later, I was summoned by a hostess to the lobby, where one of the guys had returned, and was handing me a folded-up piece of paper. I thanked him, figuring maybe they had decided to give me their phone numbers or something, and we again wished each other a merry Christmas, and he left.

The letter described in detail how I had made their night, by being friendly and full of Christmas cheer, and they appreciated it so much. And folded into the bottom of the paper was... $100. I couldn't believe it! This extravagant praise surely wasn't warranted! As far as I was concerned, I was having fun with these guys, and appreciated their Christmas spirit. I did nothing to deserve this much of a 'tip'!

They left no contact information, so I can't thank them, but I'm thinking to try to get a little blurb into the newspaper to thank them for their generosity. Their act has touched me tremendously, and I will never forget this.

A little Christmas cheer certainly goes a long way!

Bit of a story here!

I was doing some waitressing at work, and was finishing that part of my shift and getting ready to put on my manager cap to finish off the night. There were a couple of guys that the bartender was serving, and I noticed their beers were empty and asked if they wanted more. When I came back with fresh, frothy beer, we started chatting - one of the guys wanted to know where I'd gotten the santa hat I was wearing ('tis the season, after all!). All of us staff had hats to wear, but no one else wanted to wear one, and had apparently been taking their hats home and leaving them there to get out of wearing them. (Bah humbug!)

After searching, I couldn't find any hats for them, and had to disappoint the boys, but then thought of a couple of hiding spots where hats could be stashed. Sure enough, I found a heap of 8 or so, and triumphantly took a couple over to them. They were thrilled, and we joked around a bit, and - and I kid you not - 'Tom Sawyer' started playing on the music system! I couldn't miss this rare Rushyness, and with a big grin, I pointed up in the vague direction of the music speakers and said, "Hey, I love this song!" The boys agreed with my sentiment.

After a bit more chatting, I wished them both a very Merry Christmas, at which point one of the boys asked to see the general manager. I sent him over, and apparently they were very enthusiastic in their praise for me. They left shortly after. About 20 minutes later, I was summoned by a hostess to the lobby, where one of the guys had returned, and was handing me a folded-up piece of paper. I thanked him, figuring maybe they had decided to give me their phone numbers or something, and we again wished each other a merry Christmas, and he left.

The letter described in detail how I had made their night, by being friendly and full of Christmas cheer, and they appreciated it so much. And folded into the bottom of the paper was... $100. I couldn't believe it! This extravagant praise surely wasn't warranted! As far as I was concerned, I was having fun with these guys, and appreciated their Christmas spirit. I did nothing to deserve this much of a 'tip'!

They left no contact information, so I can't thank them, but I'm thinking to try to get a little blurb into the newspaper to thank them for their generosity. Their act has touched me tremendously, and I will never forget this.

A little Christmas cheer certainly goes a long way!

Wow..! :D

My manager asked me today if I would be interested in training to become a backup Mission Director.

When I walked into this building 6 1/2 years ago for my interview, I was a history teacher, and I had no idea what telemetry was. Two crews, three job certifications, and six years later, and I'm asked to train to run the Ops Floor.

Hard work pays off.

:D

How did it go?

How did it go?

Got a 100% (after a slight curve) :haz: :haz: